Okay!! Let's Move The 'New Mummies!' Section Up a Gear !!!

I was a little disapointed not to see a bit for toddlers but other than that, its fab.

i know its in that section urchin, i mean we got to wade throught PICS ETC TO FIND ANY NEW ARRIVALS, THINK IT SHUD HAVE ITS OWN SECTION... opps sorry caps, alana did it

lauramum01 said:
I was a little disapointed not to see a bit for toddlers but other than that, its fab.
Hi Laura, I've not finished yet :lol: !!!

I'm spending the whole evening on here, you'll find things are still changing around a little over the next couple of hours :wink:

Just thought i' d give my little opinion too! Good to have new topics etc but definitely think we need a new births section as Elaine said.

Not sure about the spring, summer etc bit either. Was quite nice having the month bit before as was getting to know the people quite nicely and now it all seems jumbled up and i can't work out who's due when without checking everyones tickers!

Sorry Laura, don't mean to criticise your hard work so tell me to sod off if you want!!! :wink:

Tan x

p.s. any idea when you'll get a chance to sort the chatroom??

Elaine,

The general consensus, based on the feedback that I have received, is that we should keep the number of topics to a minimum, which I agree with because when you spread topics across too many sections, you end up with some of them barely being used.

Incorporating all of the suggestions into three or four forums was a task in itself - as you can see, we're on six at the moment and I haven't added the Toddler section yet.

I see no reason - bearing in mind that members have told me that they want less categories - why births, pictures and stories cannot be kept together in a single category. If the site gets busier, and topics are falling off the page within a day, then of course I will review it, but I think that for the present time one section is sufficient for these.

What does everybody else think about Elaine's suggestion? Should births and pictures be split back into two categories?

i just think when were looking out for new births coz peeople have gone quiet for a while, its easier to have its own section. i agree just a few extra topics but i think birth arrival needs its own bit all together. its the most exciting post we will all make after using ur forum for many months

heyy!!

just seen all the changes, its fab!!!

well done Laura :D

xx

Hey Layla,

Can I ask what are your thoughts on the births/pictures section?!!

Come on everyone, I need some feedback here lol - does "less is more" apply here or what :lol:

Bearing in mind that I've still to add a Toddlers section, and haven't yet done a section for discussing equipment, products, services, etc ..... do we still want that?

I do think its nice to have a new arrivals section as that is the thread pregnant ladies cant wait to post on!! Also nice to check into every day to see if there is any news on ladies who are due etc!

i agree it is nice to be able to check quickly

i think new arrivals should have its own section

like elaine said its important and we all read that section, if someone goes quiet

Im not sure about an equipment and services bit, a lot of things get brought up in the off topic section. Its late, im no use at all. Im off to bed.

Hi Tan,

Thanks for your feedback - the baby clubs have been changed so that everyone has more people to chat to who are due at around the same stage that they are. I've noticed comments over the months such as "it's quiet in here!" or 'where are the other {insert month here} mums-to-be?" and figured one way to fix that would be to bring neighbouring monthly clubs closer together.

The monthly lists are still in each forum ... ie, the June list is inside the new Summer Baby Club, etc ... and they will remain.

I realise it may cause a bit of confusion initially, but hopefully it will work in a good way.

Okay, well regarding the births / pictures issue, I'll leave it for a day or two so that the members who are not logged in at the moment get chance to let me know what they think. All comments welcome please!

From a technical point of view, it doesn't really matter how many sections there are but, as people have stated during the first part of this thread, from a user's point of view it can help if there are not too many sections to wade through.

Because nobody mentioned keeping the births section, I took this to mean that nobody would be too fussed if it was merged with the baby pictures section. How wrong I was :lol:

you did only ask what other sections there shud be, i think we all liked the sections u already had

Elaine,

There were three sections beforehand - most people who very helpfully provided me with the initial feedback suggested having three, four or five sections in total, meaning that I could only have added one or two extra sections. Obviously there were going to be some changes to existing sections, or else I would have had great difficulty in trying to accommodate everyone's suggestions into four or five categories.

ok was only my suggestion, as it was the only section i read these days, and now its gone.

id like to see the new arrivals bit seperate too as i mainly check in there too see if anyone has some news at the mo theres is too much in the section u cant see exactly what ur looking for :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back