*** August 2019 mummies ***

My notifications gone weird so I keep missing things.

Dont think we have anyone delivered yet do we?

I'm 39+5 so due date is coming up fast on Tuesday. I'm booked for a sweep that day. Have had zero signs of baby making any moves up until now so I suspect I may go to the very end. My hospital only let's you go a week over so longest scenario would be induction a week on tues I guess.

Anyone had twinges or braxton? I'm just praying I 'know' when it starts! Xx

How exciting!
I am experiencing braxton hicks. You will definitely 'know' when it starts x

How exciting!
I am experiencing braxton hicks. You will definitely 'know' when it starts x

Thanks @Carly89 I hope that's true. Everyone seems to say the same. I just hope I dont end up stop starting after sweep on Tues. My friend had 3 sweeps and had a show or bit of bleeding after each plus tightening but still had to be induced. I guess I'm just hoping to not have a long drawn out waiting game. But arent we all! I suspect that may be my lot as I haven't had a twinge yet x

Thanks @Carly89 I hope that's true. Everyone seems to say the same. I just hope I dont end up stop starting after sweep on Tues. My friend had 3 sweeps and had a show or bit of bleeding after each plus tightening but still had to be induced. I guess I'm just hoping to not have a long drawn out waiting game. But arent we all! I suspect that may be my lot as I haven't had a twinge yet x

I lost my plug 3 weeks before I gave birth, it kept reforming and coming out over and over. I had 2 sweeps, and was still 5 days over. Labour pains are unmistakable honestly. Don't think too much into the twinges etc. When it's labour, its like nothing else, you'll definitely know x

I can’t believe it’s nearly August, eeeeek!

I’ve been getting on and off period like pains and lower backache which I’m assuming is Braxton-Hicks?! I worry about knowing when the time comes that it’s the real deal, as I’ve heard second babys come a lot faster than first!

Anna I have a couple of friends who had c sections and they were fine. I know it’s not something most of us would choose, but they will only do it for babys safety. Hope she does move for you though and you can avoid it. X

After a total shit show of an induction I’m pleased to say our little boy was finally born July 28th at 23.07 weight 7 pounds exactly.

Named Nathan and he’s doing absolutely fine. Mum is a bit worse for wear after a very fast and intense labour and stressful days prior.

I got called in for my induction at 5.30pm Wednesday after chasing them three time. Has the hormone placed 10pm for a 24 hour slow realise in order to open my cervix. Had to have it replace the next day at 10am as it had fell out. Removed 2 hours late due to major and too frequent contractions, and had emergency team called through as he went into cardiac arrest whilst inside still as I was getting prepared to go in . Luckily once the hormone was removed he came back and was fine so was monitored and he stayed as he should. We spent days being told I was next, I was next, 5 days Of waiting and being told I wasn’t priority but not being allowed home I was called through to delivery suite Sunday night to have my waters broken.

Waters broken and drip started at 7pm and he arrives at 11.07pm. Nathan is fine and absolutely wonderful.

I’m still recovering and very sore and tender as I had to be cut in order to get him to come out, and lost sensation is my bladder so I’ve had to have a bag. Hoping to go home today.

Congrats @Hearyoume! Welcome Nathan! Lovely name!
Is there a reason they wanted to induce you 2 weeks before your due date??x

After a total shit show of an induction I’m pleased to say our little boy was finally born July 28th at 23.07 weight 7 pounds exactly.

Named Nathan and he’s doing absolutely fine. Mum is a bit worse for wear after a very fast and intense labour and stressful days prior.

I got called in for my induction at 5.30pm Wednesday after chasing them three time. Has the hormone placed 10pm for a 24 hour slow realise in order to open my cervix. Had to have it replace the next day at 10am as it had fell out. Removed 2 hours late due to major and too frequent contractions, and had emergency team called through as he went into cardiac arrest whilst inside still as I was getting prepared to go in . Luckily once the hormone was removed he came back and was fine so was monitored and he stayed as he should. We spent days being told I was next, I was next, 5 days Of waiting and being told I wasn’t priority but not being allowed home I was called through to delivery suite Sunday night to have my waters broken.

Waters broken and drip started at 7pm and he arrives at 11.07pm. Nathan is fine and absolutely wonderful.

I’m still recovering and very sore and tender as I had to be cut in order to get him to come out, and lost sensation is my bladder so I’ve had to have a bag. Hoping to go home today.

Sounds like he made quite an entrance! Welcome baby Nathan :baby:
I had an episiotomy with my son, it did take some time to fully heal. Wishing you a speedy recovery, welcome to the best job in the world <3

Oh I just read through older posts and saw that it was because of your condition that they induced you earlier.

I hope you will get the sensation to your bladder back soon, I had a natural birth with a small tear and still my bladder prolapsed. I had lost all sensation too and couldn't hold it. I think I walked around with adult diapers for 2 weeks before I could hold my wee. It then started to hurt quite bad when I would have to go but that was just the nerves fixing themselves, it took a few months before I was back to normal.

Enjoy the time you have with your son now, and forget that nasty induction! Congrats once more!x

Congrats @Hearyoume! Welcome Nathan! Lovely name!
Is there a reason they wanted to induce you 2 weeks before your due date??x

Yes I have ulcerative colitis so there was a risk I could have a major flair up and well as could make him low birth weight.

Thanks everyone hopefully we can go home tonight and then I just need to come back tomorrow for final checks

Quick update ladies.

Had attempted sweep today. Outer cervix was soft but inner still closed. So was delightful experience!

Had crampy for hour or so after then nothing else today other than baby being wild and kicking the crap out of me lol.

Tape measure appeared again today (I have mainly had growth scans) and of course measured small.....as it has throughout but scans have always been fine.

So got sent to hopsital for a CTG all fine. But doc has decided because of measurement to go ahead and induce me on Thurs. So I shall update hopefully before the week is out with good news x

Aww congrats @Hearyoume , glad Nathan arrived safe and well. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Best of luck for Thursday @Nikkibiscuit , hope it all goes well and can’t wait to hear about babys arrival and whether it’s a boy or girl! X

I have the worst lower back pain on right side, I can hardly move it hurts so much :( . Midwife said it sounds like a trapped nerve probably caused by baby’s position. Really hope this goes away soon, it’s been 2 days so far and I’m struggling to cope with the pain. X

I have the worst lower back pain on right side, I can hardly move it hurts so much :( . Midwife said it sounds like a trapped nerve probably caused by baby’s position. Really hope this goes away soon, it’s been 2 days so far and I’m struggling to cope with the pain. X

Sorry to hear you are in pain. Hope your baby moves position soon

It's so exciting that the babies are coming <3
I'm a mixture of all emotions just now, up and down all the while x

I had a really restless night last night. Only slept at 6 am after taking a paracetamol. Just achy at the hips and could not sleep on either side, and felt really achy in the tummy also. Moving was painful. But then, after dozing till midday and having another nap tonight, I am feeling fine again. Really odd. Wondering if anyone has had similar restless nights prior to labor?

I had a really restless night last night. Only slept at 6 am after taking a paracetamol. Just achy at the hips and could not sleep on either side, and felt really achy in the tummy also. Moving was painful. But then, after dozing till midday and having another nap tonight, I am feeling fine again. Really odd. Wondering if anyone has had similar restless nights prior to labor?

It is my first baby but for the first tile ever I really struggle to sleep.
My back is painful. If I move to make it more comfortable then my hips hurt or my pelvis or my ligaments....
dont know what to do with myself!!
Add to this baby seems to love the night to kill my ribs. I suppose she is still breech which makes it so painful.
She’s maybe trying to convince me that a csection at 39 weeks isn’t a bad idea after all! I am dreading it but the pain is so bad I wouldn’t mind having her out a week early!!

I suffer with SPD and this has been my sleeping arrangement for a month or so lol. So many pillows haha. I place them so my hip sits in a dip and my bump is supported. Then I've a cushion under my legs and between my legs when sleeping. If I don't do this I'm in agony x

Screenshot_20190804-065857.png

After a very long induction of over 50 hours start to finish I am pleased to introduce Rory Arthur

8lb10oz born on 3rd Aug

Was a rough ride ending in forceps due to back to back labour and him not turning but we are both doing well and hoping to be home from hospital tomorrow.

Good luck whoever is next to go!!

Screenshot_20190805-000204_Gallery.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back