*** August 2019 mummies ***

EmmaN27

Reaction score
Hello everyone

Welcome to the August 2019 third trimester thread, please let me know your due date and gender, and I will add your details below so that we have an up-to-date list.

30 July - Nikkibiscuit :yellow:
7 August - Hearyoume :blue:
9 August - Elize :blue:
13 August - Starrynight :blue:
18 August - Anna@work :pink:
20 August - Carly89 :blue:
21 August - Gravidgecko :pink:
24 August - EmmaN27 :blue:
29 August - PoxiePixie :blue:
30 August - MrsP513 :blue:

Have a happy and healthy third trimester everyone, not long to go until we meet our little babies! :)

Last edited:
Thank you for doing the post . Wow look at all the blue storks

I was just looking at that too !!! Team pink is an absolute minority :-O

Thanks for starting the thread. Wow, go blue storks... Are men taking over the world or something?

I just had a lovely bath and religious tummy oiling session :) Ah, heaven. Agree with you ladies, expansion is definitely happening. Even maternity jeans feel tight already. Sitting down is getting harder, same as with you ladies, when I stretch my legs after a long sitting session my tummy feels very heavy and crushed.

I get heartburn most evenings, seems that stomach is somewhere in my chest right now. But no major tiredness, can still walk alright and no pains or aches yet. Crosses fingers, those will start soon I think. The bean is very active now, mostly during daytime at work, and then late evenings. Seems to sleep at night and during mornings.

Happy 3rd trimester everyone!

August is definitely team blue. Saying that a lot of my friends whom are having babies a month or so before me are also team blue. Something in the water perhaps

I finish work on the 5th July and it couldn’t come sooner.
Despite being upped to high risk and having additional scans I still get no support or anything from work.
In fact the past couple weeks been more and more stressful, busy and still working 4-6 hours a week worth of overtime.
Told them months ago I don’t want and can’t keep doing it but same excuses we’re short staffed, we’re working on it.

I’m constantly knackered and feeling like crap due to it.

Yes August does seem like the month of the boy!

I finish work on 26 July, can't wait, already counting down, my days are quite long leaving my house at 7am and not getting home until 8pm most nights.

Starting to suffer with lower backache on and off and bending down is becoming hard work and uncomfortable. x

Just jumping on here to welcome everyone to arrive 3! Also, everyone I know who is pregnant at the moment are having a boy. Definitely the year of the boy! :lol:

I have a few pregnant friends too and all having boys but me !
I wonder what you’ve all been drinking !!
I have 4 weeks of work left. And counting them down. Although my colleagues are all lovely, it is a busy department and I do over 4h of unpaid overtime weekly just to be on track of all the management!

Have any of your babies turned head down yet ?!
Mine is still all over the place !

I have a few pregnant friends too and all having boys but me !
I wonder what you’ve all been drinking !!
I have 4 weeks of work left. And counting them down. Although my colleagues are all lovely, it is a busy department and I do over 4h of unpaid overtime weekly just to be on track of all the management!

Have any of your babies turned head down yet ?!
Mine is still all over the place !
I wouldn’t worry about being head down. I had a growth scan on Tuesday where he started head down and moved during the scan and ended up transverse. I don’t think it’s a major issue till 36 weeks +

I wouldn’t worry about being head down. I had a growth scan on Tuesday where he started head down and moved during the scan and ended up transverse. I don’t think it’s a major issue till 36 weeks +
Yay plenty of time for her head to carry on making my rib cage numb then :-D

Can’t believe there’s less than 12 weeks to go ! The first 12 felt like forever and now it feels like nothing much !

I don’t think my baby has ever been head down, kicks are mainly low down or sometimes on right side. Have a feeling he will stay in the wrong position! Eeeek! X

Mine is head down most of the time, as I can feel kicks on top right on my bump. But he cannot reach my ribs yet - perhaps the benefit of me being quite tall. But I have no idea how to feel the baby's position. How can you tell what is head and what is bum or feet? Everything just feels like a solid lump.

My midwife told me to put my thumb and index finger on each side of what feels like a solid roundish lump. And that if I can make it wiggle it’s the head and if I can’t its her bum :D
Feels really odd at first but good fun :-D

Maternity leave panic =( I have been signed off with a bad back, when I handed in my sick note I also handed in my matb1 and I had informed my managed I wanted my maternity leave to start 14.6.19, I did this at the start of May but was informed I needed to fill a form in for it to be processed but this meant it was less than 28 days notice. I am now panicking it won't be sorted and my boss has been less than helpful. Anyone else having issues? I still haven't heard anything and it's only a fortnight away. xXx

Maternity leave panic =( I have been signed off with a bad back, when I handed in my sick note I also handed in my matb1 and I had informed my managed I wanted my maternity leave to start 14.6.19, I did this at the start of May but was informed I needed to fill a form in for it to be processed but this meant it was less than 28 days notice. I am now panicking it won't be sorted and my boss has been less than helpful. Anyone else having issues? I still haven't heard anything and it's only a fortnight away. xXx
If I were you I would contact HR to get your answer. They are much better than most managers :)
Where I work it’s 28 days notice but I al’sure It can be arranged somehow with them now that you have received your mat b1 form.

So...
Guess who has Gestational Diabetes!
Oh and a vaginal infection.
Yay!

Apparently I've had the infection since start of May, but docs and midwives couldn't agree whether I need antibiotics or not as it was only a minor one. Only just decided to prescribe some so that infection is all cleared up by time baby gets here. Except the symptoms I had are gone now!

So. Yeh. I stand by what I've been staying throughout this whole pregnancy: Never Again!!

So...
Guess who has Gestational Diabetes!
Oh and a vaginal infection.
Yay!

Apparently I've had the infection since start of May, but docs and midwives couldn't agree whether I need antibiotics or not as it was only a minor one. Only just decided to prescribe some so that infection is all cleared up by time baby gets here. Except the symptoms I had are gone now!

So. Yeh. I stand by what I've been staying throughout this whole pregnancy: Never Again!!
Aww gravidecko bless you ! I am so sorry to read this !
Unbelievable they didn’t decide earlier on on what to do about it !!

Hopefully your diabetes will be ok with being careful what you eat! Fingers crossed lovely !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back