*** August 2019 mummies ***

Can't you ask for a single person's room @Anna@work ?
I'm sorry to hear you've been having such a rough time. Like Carly said, maybe you could ask the OH for some earplugs or headphones for some music? I'm really really hoping your waters break when she's head down! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!x

Similarities with your experiences @Nikkibiscuit and @Hearyoume.

Our sweet son (name pending) was born on a few days ago, after over 40hrs in labor. It started with scary red bleed which turned out to be a very bloody show due to ectropion. We were sent home twice before getting to 4cm (contractions every 2-4 minutes for about 12 hours), tried codeine to sleep a bit in a regular room at birthing centre - didn't work, then birthing pool for 6+ hrs, then epidural and waiting, then induction and more waiting, then tried pushing myself while on stirrups for an hour, then to theatre where chose to try forceps, which did work. They also did a lot of damage (3rd deg tear + episiotomy). Son has minor facial palsy which looks likely to go on its own.

Despite all that, it was worth in. Still in hospital now. He is amazing and we are trying to get him by my side tomorrow from special care.

Congratulations to all new mothers and to those who wait. Don't be scared, you can do it if I could. X
Congrats @Starrynight on the birth of your son! Doesn't sound at all like the dream birth but glad you came out of it so positively! Hope your family and friends can help you out soon when you get back home. A 3rd degree tear and episiotomy isn't a laughing matter. Take care of yourself so that you can take care of the baby!x

Last edited:
Saw the midwife today. Baby is head down, locked in and looking ready to go any minute. Also measuring 40 weeks already (I'm 38.5). Certainly feels like it!
I'm getting a sweep on Wed in the hopes that i can avoid full on hormonal induction next week.
Tbh i still don't know how i feel about induction. There just seem to be so many additional risk factors. Not too mention added pain and stress. Part of me would rather have a c section, but the recovery is rotten and I've got a toddler who won't understand why jumping on mummy is a bad idea!

Getting really anxious again :/

I would choose induction over c section any day, recovery is slow with c section. I was induced with my daughter, it ended up long and painful but all worth it end and I had no tearing, so very speedy recovery. X

The past few evenings I have been having short sharp pains in the pelvic area. Sorta in the middle. Anyone else having these sort of pains and know what they are.

Things are getting LOW. Honestly, I can hardly walk. Braxton hicks, losing bits of plug, nesting like crazy. I'm 38 weeks tomorrow. Surely I'm going to be early?! :pray:

IMG_20190812_113558_311.jpg

The past few evenings I have been having short sharp pains in the pelvic area. Sorta in the middle. Anyone else having these sort of pains and know what they are.
Fanny daggers! Lol
I used to have it with my DD. Do you have soreness in your hip joints as well?x

That's your babies head knocking about in your pelvis. In all honesty, that feeling makes me feel sick. It's all good though, shows everything is going how it should x

No soreness in hips. Just these pains.
Your ligaments between your pelvic bones are starting to get a bit stretched due to the baby and the weight you have to carry. It will go away one your little one is born.x

Saw midwife yesterday and I'm 4/5 engaged, so that explains the struggling to walk lol.
Getting a couple of sweeps tomorrow morning so hopefully they will work and i won't need the full on induction. Tbh i feel like i could go any moment now!

Exciting, I wonder who is going to have a baby next! I’m hoping baby comes early, I’m so ready now! X

Exciting to read all of your stories babies are on their way!!!
I spent a week in hospital as baby was moving from head up to head down way too much...
offered me c section for today. Until they examined me this morning and offered induction....!!
Which is happening as I am writing :)
I sent my OH home to sleep. I am tired and have horrible heart burn.... that’s going to be so so long....
i have been put a pessary to help my cervix.... it’s now been almost 8 hours. I had NO symptoms... until the minute my partner went home and am now having 5 minutes contractions but they aren’t painful...
hopefully will have a baby on August the 15th!

Exciting to read all of your stories babies are on their way!!!
I spent a week in hospital as baby was moving from head up to head down way too much...
offered me c section for today. Until they examined me this morning and offered induction....!!
Which is happening as I am writing :)
I sent my OH home to sleep. I am tired and have horrible heart burn.... that’s going to be so so long....
i have been put a pessary to help my cervix.... it’s now been almost 8 hours. I had NO symptoms... until the minute my partner went home and am now having 5 minutes contractions but they aren’t painful...
hopefully will have a baby on August the 15th!

Yay, Anna can't wait for your news! Good luck!

Anyone else really struggling? I can barely walk or leave the house. Tree heartburn is still awful. I'm constantly in pain but not 'the right kind of pain'. All the while I'm looking after an energetic toddler!
Aware I'm just moaning now, but soooooooooo fed up!
Sweep did v little btw. Some bleeding and have been much more uncomfortable since then, but no signs of actual labour unfortunately. Got another booked for Mon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back