*** August 2019 mummies ***

My consultant said second time labour's are generally much easier for mums who had a rough time the first time. My first experience wasn't great either, won't go into detail. I've been much more anxious this time around x

Yeah my midwife said the same about it usually being easier the second time, doesn’t make me feel any less anxious about it though! Hopefully it will all be straight forward and surprise me! X

Yeah the heat really doesn’t help, everything is an effort as it is! Lol. I can’t wait to have normal energy levels again and be able to breathe normally! X

Anybody feeling anxious, as I was, I recommend reading the positive birthing book. It's not pushing home birthing or overly hippy but is an honest look at what can happen and what you can do about it. X

Anybody feeling anxious, as I was, I recommend reading the positive birthing book. It's not pushing home birthing or overly hippy but is an honest look at what can happen and what you can do about it. X

Thanks for the recommendation, although I don't think a book is going to help me as I will naturally think of my previous birthing experience! lol. It is all worth it in the end though, no matter what happens, when you hold your precious little baby in your arms <3 x

You know what you need when you are 8 months pregnant with a 17 month old? A sickness bug  :sick::rotfl::(
Not sure I could feel much worse!!

How low is my bump already?

View attachment 86583

If does look lower but can you actually compare ?! :)
With all the other mums from the NCT group I carry my bump so much lower. So I wonder if it’s time related or not because some are due before me but I’ve always had a lower’ bump!!

If that makes no her come early I don’t mind !!!

Feeling all your pains from the warm weather. I had 3 nights awful sleep tossing and turning which is a joke in itself cos cant turn over without an Olympian effort.

I'm feeling more ready now. Had midwife yesterday and shes booked me for a sweep on 30th july bang on my due date. Then she said they will book induction at that point for a week later. So I guess latest I will go is the 6th August. Feel like little one will sit tight for a while yet. So unless anything happens tomorrow I'll be off to watch my friend compete my horse on sunday.

I've kept pretty active been doing garden with help this week and jobs with the horses. Have my fitbit set at 10k steps so trying to do those daily still but have a couple hours at some point where I out6nt feet up or have a nice long bath. Joy's of a new bathroom with a huge bath! Best thing ever.

My current pain is itchy stretchy tummy. Its unbelievable! I have some itches throughout but this feels like baby wants to burst out just above my belly button. Been slapping on the cream and or oil which provides Short term relief but obvs cant do that when out and about.

Anyone else having the same issue? Xx

If does look lower but can you actually compare ?! :)
With all the other mums from the NCT group I carry my bump so much lower. So I wonder if it’s time related or not because some are due before me but I’ve always had a lower’ bump!!

If that makes no her come early I don’t mind !!!

I think mine is possibly due to it being a second pregnancy, I've no idea lol. Just hoping the lower the better. I did drop low last time, but not till much later on x

This is my second pregnancy and I feel like bump is lower this time, I reckon it's probably because it's all been stretched before! haha x

A1207C9A-A2F9-461D-97DE-31601660FFA8.jpeg I hope the picture is clear enough but
Do any of you get really wonky shape bumps with these crazy moving babies ?!
I am so impressed and horrified !!!

Last edited:
My bump makes some right weird shapes, my hubby gets a little freaked out haha. Especially when you can see a foot poking out. This baby is way more active than my daughter ever was. He also really likes to kick me in the ribs. 35 weeks today!!

Does anyone have an useful tips on how to relieve restless leg at night time. I am really struggling to sleep now.

Is anybody having an elective c section?! Or had one for their precious babies ?

I have been told on Wednesday that baby is oblique breech at my présentation scan. And that as I have a bicornuate uteusnthey cant offer me he ECV.
So the c section is pretry much my only option. I am terrified as I never had hospital experience in the past obviously never had surgery of any sort!
Not quite how I anticipated to have our first baby :(
They’ll scan me again on Monday to see if she has moved her bum in my pelvis but if not they’ll have to admit me to the hospital for constant monitoring until they have any date for the operation. I am so so scared... they said they’ll admit me so if my waters break they could save the baby before her cord gets trapped ... how awful!

So if you have any tips , advise, and experience about the c section and recovery I’d love to hear how you’ve been after as it really scares me !!

Is anybody having an elective c section?! Or had one for their precious babies ?

I have been told on Wednesday that baby is oblique breech at my présentation scan. And that as I have a bicornuate uteusnthey cant offer me he ECV.
So the c section is pretry much my only option. I am terrified as I never had hospital experience in the past obviously never had surgery of any sort!
They’ll scan me again on Monday to see if she has moved her bum in my pelvis but if not they’ll have to admit me to the hospital for constant monitoring until they have any date for the operation. I am so so scared... they said they’ll admit me so if my waters break they could save the baby before her cord gets trapped ... how awful!

So if you have any tips , advise, and experience about the c section and recovery I’d love to hear how you’ve been after as it really scares me !!

I've not had a section but up until the week before last it was something they were considering with me. I asked a lot of advice from friends and relatives who'd had one recently. Generally everyone said they recovered well, usually within 2 weeks. A friend who had an emergency section didn't have as much of a straight forward experience though as you can probably imagine. It's never ideal, but at least you can best prepare yourself <3

Oh @Anna@work bless you hun I feel your pain I'm quite frightened at the thought of a C section. Although thankfully it would only be in emergency for me.

I hope some people can put your mind at rest a little. And at least you can prepare yourself and I'm sure all will go smoothly. Try not to worry too much although easier said than done I know x

My notifications gone weird so I keep missing things.

Dont think we have anyone delivered yet do we?

I'm 39+5 so due date is coming up fast on Tuesday. I'm booked for a sweep that day. Have had zero signs of baby making any moves up until now so I suspect I may go to the very end. My hospital only let's you go a week over so longest scenario would be induction a week on tues I guess.

Anyone had twinges or braxton? I'm just praying I 'know' when it starts! Xx

My notifications gone weird so I keep missing things.

Dont think we have anyone delivered yet do we?

I'm 39+5 so due date is coming up fast on Tuesday. I'm booked for a sweep that day. Have had zero signs of baby making any moves up until now so I suspect I may go to the very end. My hospital only let's you go a week over so longest scenario would be induction a week on tues I guess.

Anyone had twinges or braxton? I'm just praying I 'know' when it starts! Xx

Hey!!
Thanks for your kind message :)
I have a repeat ultrasound tomorrow at 15.00 I feel like baby has moved loads since..... so I still have a slight hope she’s turned head down.
I am so impatient to know what will happen. One way on another she’ll be out and safe. But obviously if she surprises everybody being head down tomorrow I’ll be very pleased !!

I have had some weird things with notification a too and missed lots! I go check on watched threads now just in case !
Not long for you now you must be so excited to meet your little one so soon!
In my hospital they let us go 12 days more.... which would be a disaster for me I would be sooooo happy to have her early. I wonder if I could ask them to induce earlier... but we’ll wait to see what tomorrow brings first !

I am so excited all these babies are going t arrive soon I can’t believe how fast it has all happened especially when it felt sooo slow to start with!!

Hey!!
Thanks for your kind message :)
I have a repeat ultrasound tomorrow at 15.00 I feel like baby has moved loads since..... so I still have a slight hope she’s turned head down.
I am so impatient to know what will happen. One way on another she’ll be out and safe. But obviously if she surprises everybody being head down tomorrow I’ll be very pleased !!

I have had some weird things with notification a too and missed lots! I go check on watched threads now just in case !
Not long for you now you must be so excited to meet your little one so soon!
In my hospital they let us go 12 days more.... which would be a disaster for me I would be sooooo happy to have her early. I wonder if I could ask them to induce earlier... but we’ll wait to see what tomorrow brings first !

I am so excited all these babies are going t arrive soon I can’t believe how fast it has all happened especially when it felt sooo slow to start with!!

Ita bizarre isn't it....feels like the last few months has flown. The first 3 were snails pace but then I think once I hit about 20 weeks it's just flown over.

Everyone keeps saying about being excited and weirdly it's the one thing I dont really feel. OH is very excited I just feel like I'm ready now at last but other than that I'm terrified for the actual bringing baby home bit. I'm quite isolated as my family are not nearby....his are. So I have this niggly feeling of apprehension but I guess I'm going to have to consciously get out and about otherwise I'll get chewed in the house.

I am excited to learn whether it's a boy or girl though so I am really pleased we kept that excitement until the end x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back