*** August 2019 mummies ***

After a very long induction of over 50 hours start to finish I am pleased to introduce Rory Arthur

8lb10oz born on 3rd Aug

Was a rough ride ending in forceps due to back to back labour and him not turning but we are both doing well and hoping to be home from hospital tomorrow.

Good luck whoever is next to go!!

View attachment 86899

Ah congratulations, well done mummy! what a little cutie <3

Congrats Nikki! Gosh 50 hours, I can’t imagine that. Glad he arrived safe and well, he is gorgeous <3

Aww congrats @Nikkibiscuit , my daughter was born after a long induction process, all worth it in the end! He’s a cutie.

Thanks @chattychar1990 <3

Had my 37 week midwife appointment today, baby is nearly fully engaged, so just a waiting game now. X

Congrats @Nikkibiscuit!!
He's sooo cute!! I hope you got some sleep during those 50 hours?!

Best of luck to all the August mummies!x

Congratulations to all the new mummies and lots of luck to the mummies to be.

As I said our little man arrived July 28th after induction - originally due August 7th.

I’m now recovering well and can move about a lot more.
I absolutely adore him.

1FD7012F-11A2-4DDA-BDD7-B6470869C561.jpeg

Congratulations to all the new mummies and lots of luck to the mummies to be.

As I said our little man arrived July 28th after induction - originally due August 7th.

I’m now recovering well and can move about a lot more.
I absolutely adore him.

View attachment 86939
Awwww!! Melting! He's so cute!:love:

So jealous guys! I've been 'ready' and fed up for weeks lol.
My bump has been low down twice now along with some cramping and back pain, but then jumps back up under my ribs the next day! Little tease!

Slightly worried about all these awful inductions. I've been booked for induction on my due date but would rather go naturally before that. Has anyone had a 'nice' induction?
X

My bump has been low down twice now along with some cramping and back pain, but then jumps back up under my ribs the next day! Little tease!

Slightly worried about all these awful inductions. I've been booked for induction on my due date but would rather go naturally before that. Has anyone had a 'nice' induction?
X
Why are babies so often induced in the UK? I was always told that induction was really painful and to avoid it if possible.

With my DD, my waters broke at 1am, and at 5 am the gynaecologist had told the nurses to get the induction started at 7am. I refused and he was very nasty towards me after that. He even missed the birth since he didn't answer his phone when I was about to deliver, he thought that since it was my first that it would take hours and hours.

At 9 am he had checked my opening and was at 4cm, he told me it would take about an hour per cm and I had to get to 10. He then left and arrived too late when my DD was delivered 2 hours and 40min later. He was enraged because in Belgium they can ask an extra "honorary" fee when someone is staying in a 1 person or luxury room. As he didn't do the delivery, he didn't have any rights on the fee.

Why don't they let you go up to 42 weeks? I would be against it if I were you!x

Why are babies so often induced in the UK? I was always told that induction was really painful and to avoid it if possible.

With my DD, my waters broke at 1am, and at 5 am the gynaecologist had told the nurses to get the induction started at 7am. I refused and he was very nasty towards me after that. He even missed the birth since he didn't answer his phone when I was about to deliver, he thought that since it was my first that it would take hours and hours.

At 9 am he had checked my opening and was at 4cm, he told me it would take about an hour per cm and I had to get to 10. He then left and arrived too late when my DD was delivered 2 hours and 40min later. He was enraged because in Belgium they can ask an extra "honorary" fee when someone is staying in a 1 person or luxury room. As he didn't do the delivery, he didn't have any rights on the fee.

Why don't they let you go up to 42 weeks? I would be against it if I were you!x

Differs massively even across the UK most areas used to let tou go to 42 weeks before induction. My region (North East) apparently changed criteria to 41 week induction to reduce still birth rate (which it has) but obviously has increased the induction rate by a lot.

I was induced at 40+2 because of a low tape measure but at 8lb10oz he clearly wasnt small.

I think there is different levels of induction though I had everything as just didnt work well. Maximum amount of pessaries to soften cervix as they couldn't break my waters until they worked. Then I had the drip after waters were broken but again I think that depends on how you contract after waters have been broken....I dont think everyone needs the drip necessarily.

It would never have been my first choice but it's hard especially with first baby to go against medical advice. I think if I had another one I would wait it out a bit longer x

X

I've just nipped over to look at all the cute baby news, but saw this and just wanted to say that I had a nice induction!! 2 weeks overdue, induced with pessary at 10am and sent home. Contractions started about 1pm, went back to the hospital at 9pm and he was born at 3:49am. It didn't feel like that long!! I had an episiotomy and stitches but that was because his heart rate dropped and they wanted him out quickly but even then I'd say it was 'nice' as these things go! Recovery was harder than birth. GL! X

Just a little update on my side.
I have been admitted to hospital this Wednesday. Baby was head down this morning. But I was booked for an ECV as she was breech on Monday...
They took the ultra sound machine and scanned me. Confirmed baby was head down so ECv not needed....

But the little kids moved again as they were scanning me ! Went transverse
During the scan to end up breech again 30 minutes later.
They are keeping me in until she’s born now... as they are scared my waters might break when she’s transverse if she carries on turning around ... it’s called an unstable lie apparently.
They have booked me for c section next Wednesday if she decides to remain transverse or breech.

The hardest in all
This is to actually be on my own :( I am in a shared room with other pregnant women spending their life on the phone so I can’t sleep. It is driving me mad already and Iran only been one day.... counting down until the induction or c section whatever will come first!
I enjoyed most of my pregnancy but now it’s about time it finishes !

X
Hey I just popped in to say I was induced with my last baby.
I had the pessary at 12pm, contractions started at 2pm and she was born by 7.30pm. So very quick. Was more intense and painful but just because it was quick.
I didn't expect to react to the pessary so quickly esp as I was induced 4 days early.

Just a little update on my side.
I have been admitted to hospital this Wednesday. Baby was head down this morning. But I was booked for an ECV as she was breech on Monday...
They took the ultra sound machine and scanned me. Confirmed baby was head down so ECv not needed....

But the little kids moved again as they were scanning me ! Went transverse
During the scan to end up breech again 30 minutes later.
They are keeping me in until she’s born now... as they are scared my waters might break when she’s transverse if she carries on turning around ... it’s called an unstable lie apparently.
They have booked me for c section next Wednesday if she decides to remain transverse or breech.

The hardest in all
This is to actually be on my own :( I am in a shared room with other pregnant women spending their life on the phone so I can’t sleep. It is driving me mad already and Iran only been one day.... counting down until the induction or c section whatever will come first!
I enjoyed most of my pregnancy but now it’s about time it finishes !

Aw Anna, so sorry to hear you feel low. Being stuck in there is bound to make you feel down. Maybe see if ear plugs and and eye mask might help? I know when I was in after I gave birth to my son, they were going to move me to my own room but I got discharged, maybe see if that could be a possibility when one becomes available. Keep us updated, hopefully she gets head down and stays down xx

37 weeks today, had a midwife appointment 2/5ths engaged but midwife thinks he's slightly back to back. Got another appointment next week. Feel like I'm gonna be pregnant forever haha :). Hope everyone is doing well.

Similarities with your experiences @Nikkibiscuit and @Hearyoume.

Our sweet son (name pending) was born on a few days ago, after over 40hrs in labor. It started with scary red bleed which turned out to be a very bloody show due to ectropion. We were sent home twice before getting to 4cm (contractions every 2-4 minutes for about 12 hours), tried codeine to sleep a bit in a regular room at birthing centre - didn't work, then birthing pool for 6+ hrs, then epidural and waiting, then induction and more waiting, then tried pushing myself while on stirrups for an hour, then to theatre where chose to try forceps, which did work. They also did a lot of damage (3rd deg tear + episiotomy). Son has minor facial palsy which looks likely to go on its own.

Despite all that, it was worth in. Still in hospital now. He is amazing and we are trying to get him by my side tomorrow from special care.

Congratulations to all new mothers and to those who wait. Don't be scared, you can do it if I could. X

Similarities with your experiences @Nikkibiscuit and @Hearyoume.

Our sweet son (name pending) was born on a few days ago, after over 40hrs in labor. It started with scary red bleed which turned out to be a very bloody show due to ectropion. We were sent home twice before getting to 4cm (contractions every 2-4 minutes for about 12 hours), tried codeine to sleep a bit in a regular room at birthing centre - didn't work, then birthing pool for 6+ hrs, then epidural and waiting, then induction and more waiting, then tried pushing myself while on stirrups for an hour, then to theatre where chose to try forceps, which did work. They also did a lot of damage (3rd deg tear + episiotomy). Son has minor facial palsy which looks likely to go on its own.

Despite all that, it was worth in. Still in hospital now. He is amazing and we are trying to get him by my side tomorrow from special care.

Congratulations to all new mothers and to those who wait. Don't be scared, you can do it if I could. X

Sorry to hear you had a rough time, but huge congratulations to you on your safe arrival xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back