*** August 2019 mummies ***

Been quiet lately, it's been a bit of a whirlwind. Thursday 23rd ended up going hospital with an unknown bleed. Doctors thought it was cervix irritation but as I was 39 weeks decided to start induction process the next day. 8am pessary went in I was about 1cm. Kept active all day started having contractions every minute, my cervix was over stimulated. Pessary out, no further dilated and cervix looked agitated. I felt very much deflated. Next day comes about and we have no idea what the plan is. About 10am we are taken to the delivery room and someone pops my waters. Nothing really happens. Doctors decided about 4pm to start the drip, 21:08 little man appeared. Gas & air only, no tears or stitches. Only missed daddy's 30th by a day. So Rohan Richard Maurice Sargeant was born at 21.08 on 24.08.19 weighing 7lb 10 oz. He's perfect xXx

I laboured all day Thursday, loosing water and on off contractions. By 6/7pm I was finally having regular contractions. I went into hospital at 7.30pm, I was 2cm. The midwife however noticed on checking she couldn't feel his head. By 9pm it was confirmed baby was breech. I was then given my options. I opted for c section. By 10pm I was having contractions every two minutes while they waited to prep theatre, I needed to push. On examination I was fully dialated. By this point I was climbing the walls desperately trying not to push, it was then I got rushed in to theatre. C section was uncomfortable but went smoothly. Conor Shaun Danaher born 22nd August @ 11.27pm, weighing 8lbs 15oz

I laboured all day Thursday, loosing water and on off contractions. By 6/7pm I was finally having regular contractions. I went into hospital at 7.30pm, I was 2cm. The midwife however noticed on checking she couldn't feel his head. By 9pm it was confirmed baby was breech. I was then given my options. I opted for c section. By 10pm I was having contractions every two minutes while they waited to prep theatre, I needed to push. On examination I was fully dialated. By this point I was climbing the walls desperately trying not to push, it was then I got rushed in to theatre. C section was uncomfortable but went smoothly. Conor Shaun Danaher born 22nd August @ 11.27pm, weighing 8lbs 15oz
Congrats Carly! Welcome Conor! I really wonder how they can expect you to stop pushing?! I wasn't able to stop, it was like my body took over and I had to push no matter what!
Hope you have a swift recovery hun!x

Been quiet lately, it's been a bit of a whirlwind. Thursday 23rd ended up going hospital with an unknown bleed. Doctors thought it was cervix irritation but as I was 39 weeks decided to start induction process the next day. 8am pessary went in I was about 1cm. Kept active all day started having contractions every minute, my cervix was over stimulated. Pessary out, no further dilated and cervix looked agitated. I felt very much deflated. Next day comes about and we have no idea what the plan is. About 10am we are taken to the delivery room and someone pops my waters. Nothing really happens. Doctors decided about 4pm to start the drip, 21:08 little man appeared. Gas & air only, no tears or stitches. Only missed daddy's 30th by a day. So Rohan Richard Maurice Sargeant was born at 21.08 on 24.08.19 weighing 7lb 10 oz. He's perfect xXx
Congrats Pixie! Welcome Rohan!!
What a long birth!
Were you allowed to refuse the induction? I hear a lot of women on this forum getting inductions but really wonder why the midwives don't just wait for nature to take it's course?!
Glad you had no tearing or stitches!x

Congrats everyone. I know I’m the last on the list but I want it to be my turn already. Really don’t want to go over and just want him here now.

Congrats Carly! Welcome Conor! I really wonder how they can expect you to stop pushing?! I wasn't able to stop, it was like my body took over and I had to push no matter what!
Hope you have a swift recovery hun!x

Congrats Pixie! Welcome Rohan!!
What a long birth!
Were you allowed to refuse the induction? I hear a lot of women on this forum getting inductions but really wonder why the midwives don't just wait for nature to take it's course?!
Glad you had no tearing or stitches!x

They didn't really give me the option due to the bleeding, think if I had refused they'd of pushed for a section. He's here safe and sound and that's all that matters =) x

Awww congrats @Carly89!

@MrsP513 I’m now 2 days overdue and no labour signs yet, really hope he isn’t too much longer!

X

They didn't really give me the option due to the bleeding, think if I had refused they'd of pushed for a section. He's here safe and sound and that's all that matters =) x
Congrats!

I also believe the inductions are done mainly for medical reasons. When I was in waiting for mine - which was done due to my medical condition of ulcerative colitis and there was higher risk he’d be a low birth weight or risk the stress of labour could cos to have a big flair up - but like I was saying when I was on there people where also waiting to be induced either because they where over due, medical reasons, such as diabetes, previously labour complications, unexplained bleeding.

Congratulations again to all the mums. And hoping all the mums to be have their little ones soon

I thought it had uploaded my photos with my post oops. Apparently not. Here's my beautiful little bean =)
Still can't believe he's here. Thank you for the congrats guys and good luck to those waiting xXx
_20190824_223451.JPG DSC_0864.JPG

Baby Riley was born on 28 August, 4 days late. Had a back to back labour which was excruciating but all went well and only used gas and air for last couple of hours as it was too late for an epidural by the time they checked me.

1B6D7E3F-9794-445F-B981-2027A11D0FFB.jpeg

Pretty sure I am going to be a September mummy now. Booooooooo.

Congratulations mummies!
Been a bit chaotic so totally forgot to update.
I went in for induction on 21st August. When examined i was actually ready for my waters to be broken straight away. I then started contacting myself, but were irregular so had waters broken at 11pm.
From there the pace quickened, as i knew it would, and within an hour the pain was too much. Got a bit panicky I'd end up without pain relief just like my first, but managed to get epidural.
It was glorious!
Still had some sensation on one side so was able to time my pushes better, and she was born after just 40 mins of hard work!
Georgia Evelyn Towers was born at 5.52am on 22nd August weighing 8lbs 6oz :)

And we've managed to breastfeed this time! It's hard work and a bit complicated with the nipple shields, but I'm still doing it :) so pleased

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back