*** August 2019 mummies ***

Anyone else really struggling? I can barely walk or leave the house. Tree heartburn is still awful. I'm constantly in pain but not 'the right kind of pain'. All the while I'm looking after an energetic toddler!
Aware I'm just moaning now, but soooooooooo fed up!
Sweep did v little btw. Some bleeding and have been much more uncomfortable since then, but no signs of actual labour unfortunately. Got another booked for Mon

I feel your pain! Got to the point I actually couldn't walk. I have been put on Dihydrocodeine to help with the SPD pain, which is great for the pain, but they make you feel a bit drunk! Quite rightly, you can't drive on them either... Not great with an 18 month old to look after. My mental health has took a bit of a battering. Me and my son have been stuck in the house for weeks, serious mum guilt that we are confined, and watching the same peppa pig fir the millionth time! Got a sweep Monday 19th, another sweep Monday 26th and if both fail I'm being induced on 27th (due date) hallelujah! No more babies for me lol x

I’m in excruciating pain with an outer ear infection, been given an antibiotic spray and told to take paracetamol by doctor. Paracetamol is doing nothing for the pain :( . Has anyone been told by a midwife that taking a one off dose of ibuprofen is okay in late pregnancy? I’m so desperate to ease pain so that I can get some sleep. X

I’m in excruciating pain with an outer ear infection, been given an antibiotic spray and told to take paracetamol by doctor. Paracetamol is doing nothing for the pain :( . Has anyone been told by a midwife that taking a one off dose of ibuprofen is okay in late pregnancy? I’m so desperate to ease pain so that I can get some sleep. X

I've been told paracetamol and codeine, but never ibuprofen x

I called the maternity assessment centre at the hospital and they told me I can take ibuprofen. I’ve had one dose and it’s made such a difference after losing last 2 nights sleep. I will just take it at night so I can sleep, hopefully antibiotics will kick in by tomorrow! X

Anyone else feel like they'll be pregnant forever haha. Midwife basically said it'd be any day I'm 38+2 but he's not booked me in for another appointment till 41 weeks, so I'll have to wait until then for any intervention. Been loosing plug, getting a few niggles and just had an horrific bout of diarrhea (tmi) so hoping something will happen soon.

Anyone else feel like they'll be pregnant forever haha. Midwife basically said it'd be any day I'm 38+2 but he's not booked me in for another appointment till 41 weeks, so I'll have to wait until then for any intervention. Been loosing plug, getting a few niggles and just had an horrific bout of diarrhea (tmi) so hoping something will happen soon.

I'm really suprised at this. Both my pregnancies they've booked me a sweep and midwife appointment at 40 weeks. I don't think it's fair to say it'll be any day either. I lost my plug 2 weeks before my due date and I still went 5 days over with my son. He'd been engaged for weeks, I'd had loose bowels, braxton hicks, you name it. I hope they're right though and baby does come soon for you x

Yeah nobody can predict when it’s going to happen, just a waiting game for us now! X

39 weeks, going for a sweep today. I'm so low and in so much pain. Wish me luck x

IMG_20190819_123545_067.jpg

Could get my second sweep as the midwifes fingers were too short! Seriously? *sigh*
So booked in for induction tomorrow! I'm the meantime my head is killing me :/

Sorry for the late update !
Induction worked well and I dilated on oxytocin drip much faster than they thought I would!
Came to pushing I did well but as baby moved so much until the end her head didn’t want to crown. I ended up rushed to theatre and little one was born after forceps delivery. It’s been very scary and although the recovery is much harder than I anticipated I am pleased I didn’t have a c section after all!

All in all, all I want to say is don’t go crazy on the birth plan, only nature and your instinct will decide what’s best for’you :)

Here is Emmeline Rose G. Born in August the 16th at 20.46 and weighting a healthy 8lbs2!

2845F9D9-A7D7-4F40-9288-7B65E76BFA2B.jpeg

Induction worked well and I dilated on oxytocin drip much faster than they thought I would!
Came to pushing I did well but as baby moved so much until the end her head didn’t want to crown. I ended up rushed to theatre and little one was born after forceps delivery. It’s been very scary and although the recovery is much harder than I anticipated I am pleased I didn’t have a c section after all!

All in all, all I want to say is don’t go crazy on the birth plan, only nature and your instinct will decide what’s best for’you :)

Here is Emmeline Rose G. Born in August the 16th at 20.46 and weighting a healthy 8lbs2!

View attachment 87263
Congrats @Anna@work !!! She's gorgeous! Such a lovely romantic name!

I agree with you on the birth plan, nothing ever really goes how you had it in your head. There are so many physical and human factors involved that I think only a few of us get to experience it like we originally planned.

Recovery takes a while but again, it's different for every mother. Did you tear or get a cut?x

@Anna@work - she is absolutely gorgeous. She looks so chunky. Massive congratulations to you. I hope you are recovering well xx

View attachment 87263

Well done Anna! Huge congratulations on your little girl, I adore her name! Like the history making Emmeline Pankhurst x

Great job Anna, congratulations. She is gorgeous. Sounds like a familiar experience. My Henry was 8lb8oz. Hope you are not too sore.

I am still struggling with the tear two weeks after. It is not healing and keeps bleeding (being on blood thinner injections does not help).

Congratulations @Anna@work beautiful little lady.

Hope babies come soon for those waiting....

My induction experience was long and I agree just go with the flow. I wasnt keen on epidural but after 36 hours induction by the time I was 2 hours past waters breaking and put on a drip I was beside myself and just knew it was the right decision. When I ended up with forceps I was VERY glad I had taken the epidural.

I had episiotomy and a small tear but no damage to back end muscles. All is healing well. I can feel stitch knot likely to come away soon. I would just say keep taking the paracetamol and ibuprofen for a good week at least made a huge difference to me. He is 2 weeks and 3 days now and I just take the odd dose of ibuprofen if I have done a long walk and starting to feel sore or pop my microwave heat pad on for some relief.

Good luck to all those in labour or about to be!

Awww congrats @Anna@work , what a little cutie!

2 days until my due date, no sign yet, feeling very anxious! X

My waters broke in the early hours, waiting for regular contractions to start :dance: failing that I'm being induced tonight 10pm

Go Carly!! Hope your baby is safely in your arms right now!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back