April 2021 Mummies! Tri2!

As being two women we made decision not to breast feed as we both wanted to bond as much each other with baby... our little girl ruby had cow and gate from day one and perfectly fine so will be same again xxxx

I tried breastfeeding my first but I had to stop as I found it too painful and she wasn't latching great. I tried nipples shields too and it still wasn't going well but I felt so pressured by all the midwives at the hospital and my local midwife to do it so that when I gave up I think the guilt at giving up and not being able to was a huge factor in my PND. Thinking about the whole experience makes me feel really anxious and scared I'll end up with PND again that I'm not sure I'm going to try to breastfeed this one.

@Ktpotatie over the next few months, keep an on what formula your local supermarket stocks and what’s most often in short supply.

@malagueta aww that sounds awful, they should have been more supportive of you!
Try not to worry about wether you do or do not breast feed, you will look after and show the same love to the baby regardless and as long as it’s well looked after, breast feeding or not isn’t important.
Just look after yourself :)

Hi all!

Sorry I've been really quiet recently, just so busy with work!

Currently 16+2. Nausea has gone and other than tiredness I'm feeling good.

We had the harmony test at 10+1 which was low probability of chromosomal problems and we are having a boy.

Just doing my usual worrying now because I re-read the report and it states that the fetal cfDNA fraction was 5.1%. From what I gather this is the % fetal DNA found and there is a cut off of 4% for it to be accurate. I'm now panicking that mine was really close to the cut off! Can anyone share their results or reassure me? Thank you x

Hey @AllyBally! Hope you’re doing well.
I haven’t done any of those tests so I can’t offer any advice. I do find that a lot of pregnant women do overthink a lot of things though and you shouldn’t stress yourself too much. If you’re concerned, speak to your care provider, they’re the best way to get the answers you need. Google is great for some things, but easing your mind is not one of them.
@malagueta i hope you find some peace this time around. I don’t care what the professionals say... feeding your baby is the most important thing, regardless if it’s formula or breast. You need to do what’s best for you and baby. I hope you can overcome your fears of suffering with PND and that with the right support around you, have a more enjoyable experience this time around xx

Hey @AllyBally! Hope you’re doing well.
I haven’t done any of those tests so I can’t offer any advice. I do find that a lot of pregnant women do overthink a lot of things though and you shouldn’t stress yourself too much. If you’re concerned, speak to your care provider, they’re the best way to get the answers you need. Google is great for some things, but easing your mind is not one of them.
@malagueta i hope you find some peace this time around. I don’t care what the professionals say... feeding your baby is the most important thing, regardless if it’s formula or breast. You need to do what’s best for you and baby. I hope you can overcome your fears of suffering with PND and that with the right support around you, have a more enjoyable experience this time around xx

Thank you. Having done it once before I feel more clued up and less afraid to stand my ground so hopefully I'll avoid the initial feelings of anxiety and stress I had first time round!

My sickness is still so bad guys had to get doctor to up my medicine xx

Omg @Zoe_helen25 i am sooooo sorry!!! That sounds brutal, my dear friend had sickness like that and I just felt so awful for her :( I feel awful for you too and hope it passes soon.

My sickness is still so bad guys had to get doctor to up my medicine xx

:( which tablets are you on?
my dr gave me cyclizine, but they don’t seem to make any difference when I take them so then I just think there’s no point in taking them!
I hope it eases for you soon

Wow, Kholl. Lovely bump! I’m 17+ 4 today and I feel like a whale! But I wasn’t as slim as you anyway lol x

I am on prochlorperazine, his upped my dosage but just so scared taking them coz said need stop taking them 3 months before baby is born as can make it poorly.... puts u offf xxx

I am on prochlorperazine, his upped my dosage but just so scared taking them coz said need stop taking them 3 months before baby is born as can make it poorly.... puts u offf xxx

my friend had Hyperemesis gravidarum in both of her pregnancies so I asked her last night what helped her:

“I tried lots of different ones but the one that helped me the most was ondansetron. There was one beginning with M that literally made no difference whatsoever. There was also one that you had to put on your gum (I can’t remember the name of that one either but it was awful). Also, for me anyway, none of them took away the nausea or stopped me being sick but the ondansetron reduced the vomiting the most so I stuck with it. it’s really shit. There’s a charity called PSS, I didn’t find out about them until after but they might be helpful”

Wow @Kholl what a bump!! I’m a larger lady so at the minute I’m trying to wear clothes that make other go “yes she’s pregnant” not “ooh look how much weight she’s put on” I’m still in that awkward stage that if you don’t know you probably wouldn’t guess!

ooh @Zoe_helen25 I’m so sorry you’re still suffering with sickness! I suffered up to 17 weeks, but since I’ve managed to start feeling better. I don’t know if I’m just managing my food a bit better or what, I still have some days I feel sick but I’ve not actually vomited for a couple of weeks now xx

Thanks guys for your advice I’m just gonna have to deal with it !! I am trying stay strong and keep drinking that’s all I can do xx

@Zoe_helen25 yeah, that’s why I keep stopping them because I feel if they don’t work I don’t wanna take them because it’s just off putting taking meds when pregnant! Hopefully it’ll ease off soon and you won’t need them! I threw up in my sink this morning which was a new one :doh:

@Kholl now that’s a bump! I’m with @Dj2015 , I wasn’t that slim to start with so just feel whale like atm. I can’t wait till it looks more like a bump and less like I’ve just been eating too much haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back