April 2021 Mummies! Tri2!

For those of you with kids already, when were they born in relation to their due dates? My boys were born at 38+5 and 40 weeks, my girls at 40+6 and 41+1. I have strong girl vibes with this one so I’m gonna guess I’ll go 10 days over this time if it keeps following the trend! Putting me into may haha!

Wow, 41+1 with one of them! I'd have gone insane haha. My daughter was born at 40+2, although my labour started the day before. This one is due three days after my birthday so as long as she doesn't decide to show up or have labour start on my birthday she can come whenever!

@malagueta oh I totally went insane. It was a dark time. My mom was visiting for 3 whole weeks to be there for the birth (to be with my other kids) and she had to fly home on September 3 to go back to work. And baby was born on September 3! I had days of prodromal labor too leading up to the big day, honestly I was losing my mind.

Also when is your birthday? Mine is May 9!

Ladies!! Once again I never seem to log in and post. To be honest, I'm lucky if I check in on facebook regularly. Hope you are all doing well anyhow! Sorry to hear about the scares with the bleeding and emergency scans. But I'm glad to hear we are all doing well.

What's everyone's plans for Christmas day?

I am 26 weeks! I'm big and uncomfortable ha! I can't seem to get enough chocolate and I am drinking tonnes of tea (Decaff!) My toddler is using up what little energy I have, which is most probably why I've been so rubbish with staying active on here.

I was looking into booking a 4D scan but i'm unsure if it's even worth bothering with as we are in Tier 4 and everything is closed.

I began sorting through the baby clothes today! By the end of the year, I will have hopefully finished sorting through the baby bits and figuring out what we need to buy.

Is anyone going to use cloth nappies? Also My son was formula fed but i'm curious about exclusively expressing this time around.....or does that sound crazy with a newborn and a toddler!? Is anyone else looking at doing this or has anyone done this?

I need to invest in some decaf tea bags! I have one cup in the morning and one in the afternoon but now I’m enjoying hot drinks again I want more than 2 haha!

Christmas is going to be difficult but I get to see my family, so I’m just grateful I can spend time with them. what are you doing for Christmas?

I’m not sure about tier 4 but I know when we were in lockdown in November we were still able to go to private scans as long as the main priority is for checking the well-being of the baby. I’m not sure if they were still doing 4d ones though.

yes I have spent a lot time researching all the different types and makes of cloth nappies. We have decided we will use cloth when a home but have disposable ones for when we go out.
Just see what suits you best, I think I want to try and mainly breastfeed but we won’t be ruling out formula completely, just going to see how it goes I think.

We are going for disposable ones and we have decided to formula feed xx cant believe we are getting closer to tri 3 xxx

Hope you all had nice Xmas, I finally hit my 24 weeks and had my appointment next step is midwife at 28 weeks and we are heading on to tri 3 ladies xxxx

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas! We're going to formula feed. Attempting to breastfeed my first got me so down and I think was a huge factor in my PND so that's our reasoning.

I'd never considered cloth nappies. I know people say you save money on all the disposables you buy but you then must have to spend more money/time washing them and I think with a toddler already my time will be sorely limited!

Husband I and are on holiday this week and my toddler is in nursery Monday to Wednesday so we're going to enjoy a few days out as a couple for the first time since before the pandemic hit in March! So hopefully I'll buy some long sleeve baby grows for this baba when we go shopping one day (my daughter was born in July and we live in southern Spain so we have zero long sleeve ones!). That'll be the first thing we've bought for this one, poor toot haha.

I'm 22+2. There's no 24 week appointment here due to covid restrictions cancelling it. I find it a bit ridiculous. I haven't got an appointment with my midwife until 28 weeks. I've got a growth scan at 26 weeks as baby was measuring a week behind at the last scan but essentially I'm going to get to my 28 week scan and only have had my blood pressure and weight measured twice this whole pregnancy (once at booking appointment and a second time at my first scan). I definitely feel like I've just been left to get on with it thanks to all the covid changes.

@malagueta hope you have a lovely couple of days together. :)

I have wondered how much covid has affected the support and seeing people when pregnant as I have nothing to compare it to but there’s been many times I have wondered.
I have a 25 week appt which will be a telephone appointment, and then 28 week face to face appt for some more bloods and jabs.
my weight has only been taken once at the 12 week appt, and I had my shoes and layers on so it definitely wasn’t accurate haha.
I found out today that they got a response from the other hospital about me having an arcuate uterus.. but I had to ask them about it, and had to ask when it’ll be discussed about my birth plan and stuff. midwife also mentioned today that my urine sample from 12 week appt showed a bug of some sort and she asked if I was given anything for it.. to which I said that I had never even been told about it.
she said my urine sample came back fine today so probably cleared up now but they have sent it off anyway to check.
I said to my other half earlier sometimes they just leave me with this uneasy feeling, they have always been really friendly and nice but just felt like things have always been abit vague and makes my mind race thinking they aren’t telling me something, but I think it’s just everyone getting used to all the changes and if I asked then I’d get answers but I just thought I’d have been given way more information than I have received. I mainly google stuff, which I know they tell you not to do.

Hey ladies!! So sorry for being inactive on here... I tend to forget a lot of things these days. Definitely baby brain! Can’t believe I’m only a few days away from trimester 3! (They still class 27 weeks as tri 3 right?) @Kholl my daughter was born at 41+3 - she was stubborn, had my induction booked for the Monday and went into labour the Friday before! (She held on until may 4th - probably because I said I didn’t want her to have Star Wars day as her birthday, and now it is!) also my birthday is 31st January - I was 38 weeks when born, originally due Valentine’s Day!

hope everyone is doing well! Nice to see a few new names too. Happy new year to you all, the year our babies will be born <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back