April 2021 Mummies! Tri2!

I’ve got a 5 year old in year 1 at school, yesterday one of the mum’s of a child in her class said that 3/4 of the family had tested positive for Covid (including the child in her class) and were isolating. I’ve had 0 contact from school, all the class went in as usual, but it’s making me really nervous!

I just found out someone I worked with on Monday and Tuesday has tested positive for COVID, we all get tested once a week at work, we both did our test on Monday, mine came back negative but hers has come back positive. I’m meant to be at the hospital next week for a scan but technically I’ve come into contact with someone who tested positive... what do I do? My next test won’t be until Wednesday next week but I’m at the hospital that day... I mean we work in a care home so strict guidelines are in place and we were never closer than two meters apart but I’m worried about possibly having caught it...

Such a worrying time :(!
Can you not go on the gov website and book a drive thru/walk in test?
My other half was working with a guy the other week for two days and this guy tested positive, and they are stuck in a truck together. So my OH was told to book a test just to make sure he hadn’t caught it. Thankfully he was negative.
Or could you not ask your work for an earlier test as an extra precaution?

To be honest the government website is rather confusing with the rules of how it all works if you have been in contact with someone that’s tested positive, hopefully your work can offer you some guidance?

@Dj2015 pretty shocked that you haven’t heard from the school about it, they seem to be isolating classes/years if someone has tested positive, so it’s not great that they haven’t even informed the parents. Are you able to speak to the teacher or head about it?

16 weeks today for me! I feel like this week has dragged and I'm now inching along to my next appointments. Flu jab next week and then midwife the week after.

@Ktpotatie might be worth asking work if you can get an earlier test this week as JoJo says. If your colleague has tested positive they might allow it as they'll be keen to keep things under control.

@Dj2015 all schools seem to do it so differently, it's crazy. I spoke to a friend the other day who is a teacher and she said a kid in her class had tested positive but my friend wasn't told to isolate as the person who called her asked lots of questions and decided she wouldn't have been in close enough contact! Mad. She got a COVID test anyway for peace of mind and it came back negative.

The hospital have rearranged my appointment again!! No longer 8.30am next Wednesday, but 19:00 on Thursday... are the sonographers even still there at 7pm?

I got an extra test done on Friday for COVID and it’s come back negative... phew. Apparently my hospital do late clinics on Tuesday and Thursday and that’s why my appointment is at 7pm... gutted I have to wait so late in the day. I’m like a kid at Christmas and just know the day will drag by so much!! Hope everyone’s doing well and has had a nice weekend xx

I got an extra test done on Friday for COVID and it’s come back negative... phew. Apparently my hospital do late clinics on Tuesday and Thursday and that’s why my appointment is at 7pm... gutted I have to wait so late in the day. I’m like a kid at Christmas and just know the day will drag by so much!! Hope everyone’s doing well and has had a nice weekend xx

that’s great hun what a relief xxx

yeah good weekend I have gone 4 days without being sick omg please let this be the end of it !!! But who knows

got scan a week Tuesday xxx

glad you managed to get an extra test done! Yeah I’m not happy having till wait till 3:30pm next Saturday for our private scan, I cannot imagine having to wait until 7pm, hopefully you can keep yourself busy in the day so the time will go quickly.

that’s great hun what a relief xxx

yeah good weekend I have gone 4 days without being sick omg please let this be the end of it !!! But who knows

got scan a week Tuesday xxx

Oooo that sounds positive, I have also been 4 days without being sick!!! Fingers crossed this is a good sign for both of us.

Spoke to soon for myself, throwing up again this morning. I blame work and being up early haha.

Spoke to soon for myself, throwing up again this morning. I blame work and being up early haha.

I was little bit bad today but not my normal sickness hoping it’s just to do with jumping up so quick needing a wee ... just sickness please leave us alone xxxx

Hey everyone! I’m a May mummy due May 7th I find out the gender of baby tomorrow morning ;-)

Hey Star girl! How are you doing? Good luck at your scan today, let us know how it goes! Do you think it's going to be a boy or a girl?

We've got a little Facebook group on the go as well for us April and May mummies so let us know if you want to join on there. x

I was little bit bad today but not my normal sickness hoping it’s just to do with jumping up so quick needing a wee ... just sickness please leave us alone xxxx
Mine has just seemed to be the one episode in the morning and then I’m ok for the rest of the day! At least we know all this sickness will be worth it in the end.

Hey everyone! I’m a May mummy due May 7th I find out the gender of baby tomorrow morning ;-)

Hey star girl! Good luck with the scan this morning, let us know how it goes. <3

Hey Star girl! How are you doing? Good luck at your scan today, let us know how it goes! Do you think it's going to be a boy or a girl?

We've got a little Facebook group on the go as well for us April and May mummies so let us know if you want to join on there. x
Yes please I would love to join on Facebook x

Scan went well baby was being a monkey ‍♀️ It’s another baby Girl!! <3
Aww congratulations <3 your daughter going to have a little baby sister :)!

I don’t know how to resend the link to the fb group, but if you go back a few messages Zoe_Helen shared the link

Aww congratulations <3 your daughter going to have a little baby sister :)!

I don’t know how to resend the link to the fb group, but if you go back a few messages Zoe_Helen shared the link

Thankyou x I’ve clicked on the link and nothing seems to be coming up x

Congrats on another girl, star girl!

I think @Zoe_helen25 made the FB group private. Hopefully she'll pop on and be able to send you a new link as I've no idea how to.

Anyone else on their 2nd (or more) and feel huge in comparison to their previous pregnancy/pregnancies?

I feel like bump has gone for a growth spurt this week (almost 17 weeks) and I swear I'm about the same size now as I was when I was 23 weeks with my first. It almost makes me worried there might be another one in there that they didn't see at the first scan! :lol:

Star girl you need click on link I sent u via message hun as won’t let me add u x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back