April 2021 Mummies! Tri2!

20 weeks yesterday! Got my anomaly scan tomorrow, nervous but looking forward to seeing baby again xx
Good luck! Let us know how it goes :)

I had my scan on Monday :) my partner was able to come and it was lovely.

Our building work is coming to an end this week and I am RELIEVED! I must sound ungrateful but I'm 21 weeks today and I havent relaxed yet :(

I ordered the first baby bits :) Only a few sleep suits but it's a start.
How are we all?

So pleased the building work is over for you !!! Hopefully relax and see end some time out. This why I’m quiet lucky working from home going work right up till 36 weeks as not in office xx

20 weeks yesterday! Got my anomaly scan tomorrow, nervous but looking forward to seeing baby again xx

good luck with your scan tomorrow <3

Good luck! Let us know how it goes :)

I had my scan on Monday :) my partner was able to come and it was lovely.

Our building work is coming to an end this week and I am RELIEVED! I must sound ungrateful but I'm 21 weeks today and I havent relaxed yet :(

I ordered the first baby bits :) Only a few sleep suits but it's a start.
How are we all?

Aww must be a relief it’s nearly done, can only imagine how stressful it has been! Take a bit of time to chill once they’ve finished.

@Zoe_helen25 I’m the same going to work as long as possible as I am working from home.

My sickness was quite bad today, it’s very lucky that I am at home all day.
The Drs only gave me one bottle of gaviscon to last a month and it only lasted 2 weeks and they’ve rejected me getting any more :( sent them a message as to why I need more, not even like I’ve took too much. I used to take omeprazole and still have some left, but not wanted to take them when pregnant, I had 16 week appt the other day and she did say if I speak to my dr they may recommend me to take them again. So we will see.

still waiting for this ‘glowing’ stage of pregnancy that I have heard so much about hahaha

Good luck tomorrow @Ktpotatie! I'm sure everything will be fine.

Aww that's so exciting you've started buying things @Olivia118. My husband won't let me get anything until the 20 week scan so I've got a little while to go yet.

Had my flu jab today and my arm is definitely starting to feel stiff. Hopefully it's not too bad tomorrow. I've got a midwife appointment next Friday so that's my next milestone to look forward to.

I had dead arm the next day after my flu jab xx cleared up the next ... I got book my whooping cough one in after scan on Tuesday xxx

I feel so guilty atm, because of how much I am just not enjoying being pregnant :(
I am so happy to be having a baby but I just feel a bit miserable with how crap I always feel and that makes me feel guilty, that I should just be enjoying everything that is happening and what the outcome will be.

It’s my first so I had no idea what to expect but I never thought it would be this hard, then I thought just get to the second trimester then things will be easier... but they are not and I just feel like I am being ungrateful for the amazing thing that is happening. I’m just fed up :(

I’ve got no midwife appointments now until 28 weeks, feels like forever away!

I had SPD in my last pregnancy, I think it started about 16 weeks, and I think it’s started again now :(

I feel so guilty atm, because of how much I am just not enjoying being pregnant :(
I am so happy to be having a baby but I just feel a bit miserable with how crap I always feel and that makes me feel guilty, that I should just be enjoying everything that is happening and what the outcome will be.

It’s my first so I had no idea what to expect but I never thought it would be this hard, then I thought just get to the second trimester then things will be easier... but they are not and I just feel like I am being ungrateful for the amazing thing that is happening. I’m just fed up :(
Don’t feel guilty at all. I felt like this all the way up until 16 weeks. Pregnancy is NOT easy. Your body is changing. You lose a piece of yourself in the process. It’s normal to grieve. I was so depressed... I didn’t even know what to do but that’s why I joined this forum. To see that there are other women who feel the same way and are going through the same thing. It’s okay to not be happy right now. You feel like crap and everything is changing. This is a transition period. Give yourself a break, you will enjoy having that baby in your arms very soon and it will all be so worth it.

please talk to us when you feel this way! Don’t ever feel like this all alone. It’s the worst thing you can do. I hope you start to feel better!

Don’t feel guilty at all. I felt like this all the way up until 16 weeks. Pregnancy is NOT easy. Your body is changing. You lose a piece of yourself in the process. It’s normal to grieve. I was so depressed... I didn’t even know what to do but that’s why I joined this forum. To see that there are other women who feel the same way and are going through the same thing. It’s okay to not be happy right now. You feel like crap and everything is changing. This is a transition period. Give yourself a break, you will enjoy having that baby in your arms very soon and it will all be so worth it.

please talk to us when you feel this way! Don’t ever feel like this all alone. It’s the worst thing you can do. I hope you start to feel better!

<3<3<3

Thank you! I’m hoping soon I will feel better and be able to enjoy it.
I have a private scan on Saturday so seeing the baby again will perk me up.

@JoJo19 i felt like utter crap my first pregnancy- just emotionally. I was so, so depressed. Crying ALL the time. Thinking crazy thoughts. It was so scary. And i had lived my life waiting for when I could finally become a mom. So I also felt horrible for feeling horrible. It was a mess! It got a lot better after 17 weeks for me. This time was my hardest first trimester by a million miles. Thought it had to be twins by how I was feeling. Nope, just one rascal! But when you feel awful you lose perspective. It’s ok. It’s ok to feel this way.

@JoJo19 i felt like utter crap my first pregnancy- just emotionally. I was so, so depressed. Crying ALL the time. Thinking crazy thoughts. It was so scary. And i had lived my life waiting for when I could finally become a mom. So I also felt horrible for feeling horrible. It was a mess! It got a lot better after 17 weeks for me. This time was my hardest first trimester by a million miles. Thought it had to be twins by how I was feeling. Nope, just one rascal! But when you feel awful you lose perspective. It’s ok. It’s ok to feel this way.
<3<3<3
thank you so much. Emotionally I don’t think pregnancy has affected me too much, but mentally and physically it has just drained me. I think as well, I keep thinking certain stepping stones and I’ll feel better, like get past first trimester then get to 15 weeks and each time I get to these points and don’t start feeling better I just feel sad.
But my friend is the other way where, she is so anxious because she doesn’t have many symptoms, she would love to have symptoms just to reassure her that’s things are ok.
pregnancy is hard work!! <3
thank you guys for your kind words, they mean a lot!

<3<3<3
thank you so much. Emotionally I don’t think pregnancy has affected me too much, but mentally and physically it has just drained me. I think as well, I keep thinking certain stepping stones and I’ll feel better, like get past first trimester then get to 15 weeks and each time I get to these points and don’t start feeling better I just feel sad.
But my friend is the other way where, she is so anxious because she doesn’t have many symptoms, she would love to have symptoms just to reassure her that’s things are ok.
pregnancy is hard work!! <3
thank you guys for your kind words, they mean a lot!

I know it’s hard hun but we really have got this !!! Every day is like another stepping stone to seeing our little bundle of joy, when ur baby is born it stays with you forever. I will never forget my little girls face for first time and I can’t wait to do it a second time... here if u ever need a chat xxx

Aww @JoJo19, it's ok to feel that way. You've been having a rough time of it and pregnancy isn't easy for everyone, and not every pregnancy is the same. If you're still feeling like this at your next midwife appointment maybe mention it to her as it's good to discuss things and she might be able to recommend some support groups. We're also all here any time you need a rant :) Good luck for your scan on Saturday. Can't wait to hear what you're having! :yellow:

@Dj2015 aww poor you. Did you get physio or anything with your SPD last time round?

17 weeks today for me. I went out for a walk and to the shops with my toddler yesterday and was knackered after it. Don't think I'll be doing that again for a while!

It’s mad how out breath you are from doing something so small I ran down stairs and I was so out breath I’m normally pretty healthy hahahah xx

Oh gosh @Zoe_helen25 I am panting all the time, my husband is always asking if I’m ok and I’m like I’m fine it’s just annoying!!

Hi ladies! 18 weeks today- my goodness they have flown by. I made my registry last week and I’m starting to think about baby showers. Over here in the US, covid is still skyrocketing. I’ve been thinking on what to do about the baby shower. Do any of you know what you’re going to do yet? I’d love to hear your ideas. I just know so many people want to be there for us but I’m sure in March there will still be gathering restrictions.

Thanks everyone for your kind words, felt less fed up today, still sick but some days I just cope better than others!

I get tired just getting to the top of the stairs. It also doesn’t help when you’ve had to walk somewhere and then wear a mask, I’m out of breath and then feel like I can’t catch my breath properly. Also add in that I wear glasses and they are always steaming up! Nightmare!

@Krysta its hard to know what to plan atm isn’t it, there’s just no saying when things may become more normal again. hopefully we will all be able to do something of sorts even if it’s not loads of people, or maybe a zoom baby shower.. however that would work haha!

Its Friday!

Hope we are all doing ok and will be having a peaceful weekend

I have been experiencing Braxton Hicks like crazy! I had this with my first pregnancy too. Today has been a different level and my bump has been contracting for virtually the whole day ha.
Anyone else's pelvic floor causing then issues? I really have to concentrate when I sneeze now :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back