♡ October 2020 mummies ♡

The trouble is being a hairdresser I don’t have the option to work from home. Like my midwife said it’s physically impossible for me to be away from people x
Do you work for an employer or yourself? Can they not furlough you? Or are you not able to have some kind of confirmation from your doctor/midwife about whether its actually safe? I feel like the guidance for pregnant women lately has been somewhat lacking and I have no idea if I should be 'shielding' or not.

On a similar note I am furious at the state of the beach at Bournemouth the last 2 days. What an embarrassment, how little people care about others. We are all totally fed up and bored but I wouldn't dare use that as justification for packing onto a beach like literal sardines. Not to mention the litter and anti social behaviour that went with it. Please don't let there be a second wave!!!!!

Is anyone working at moment? I mean like physically going into work?? X
Hey, I'm just ahead of you at 27wks today. I am returning back to work on Sunday. I work for home shopping at Asda, so I know I will be around customers and I feel nervous about it. I'm hoping it won't actually be as bad once I am there. We have the option for masks, face shields and gloves if we want to use them so there is measures in place to keep us safe. I decided I couldn't take early maternity leave, I will only be back for 7 weeks though so that makes me feel happier too x

Guys are we actually supposed to be shielding? I’ve read mixed reviews? Most things says we should only shield if you have another serial health condition but should only social distance otherwise - does that sound right?

I think everyone has to do what they think is right - if you are going to worry a lot then that not good for you or baby :baby:

Guys are we actually supposed to be shielding? I’ve read mixed reviews? Most things says we should only shield if you have another serial health condition but should only social distance otherwise - does that sound right?

I think everyone has to do what they think is right - if you are going to worry a lot then that not good for you or baby :baby:

It’s all very confusing

I have no idea. They kind of said we had to shield at the beginning but I never received anything formal and now I've not seen any updated guidance. I just think its rubbish that you can go shopping or get your hair cut but they are still saying birth partners are not allowed until established labour. I'm still of the opinion that stopping face to face care and allowing partners into scans should never have happened. And taking away someone's right to have their support network with them in labour is so wrong. I'm getting really fed up with the whole situation, it's really getting me down.

For example, my husbands ex has broken the rules since day one of this pandemic. She sent their little boy to his nanas for sleepovers twice a week. I found out when he came to us yesterday that he had been playing with his friend, not social distanced. We laid it all out for her from the start telling her I was pregnant and wanted to be super careful and she doesn't care a single bit. Its really not helping me enjoy this pregnancy.

Last edited:
I’m employed. My boss - doesn’t think there’s a problem. My midwife - wasn’t sure !!!!! My doctor - said it’s impossible for me to be distanced from people, so it’s unsafe for me to return.

It’s so annoying, why can’t it just be yes or no! I agree seeing thousands of people sitting on beaches etc is really winding me up!! Yes I know lockdown is been eased but the virus is still there, it’s like everyone’s forgotten

I’ve got to the point where I think if you can go to get your hair cut and pubs are open on the 4th July then why not go and see your loved ones. As soon as Boris said we could see 6 people I realised that what is actually different to meeting up with 8 or 10 people?!
I’ve had enough of it and I’m just going about my life as normal now but am washing my hands constantly etc.
I might be in the wrong but the governments rules just don’t make sense!!

Pregnant women only have to shield if they have a severe accompanying condition (asthma, autoimmune, heart condition etc). The rest of us are to follow the general government rules.

Currently people can:

1. Go shopping. (Though why would we when we can do so online?)
2. See people in private gardens or parks 2m apart.
3. Visit National Trust gardens (with pre-booked tickets), parks and open areas for leisure and exercise.
4. Form a bubble with a single person household (e.g. a friend or elderly relative who lives alone)

From 4th of July:

1. We can visit another household indoors and stay overnight (providing we keep to the new 1m+ distance ruling).
2. Hairdressers open! (Cannot wait for this one! My hair is so knotted x__x)
3. Museums and restaurants open. (I believe these will all be on reservations only/pre-booked basis with strict social distancing policies)
4. Hotels open (again with social distancing in place)

At the end of the day it’s all about how comfortable you feel with doing any of the above. If we all follow what (or do less than) the rules allow then the risk of the R number rising again should stay low. :)

Unfortunately we need the economy to function again to protect jobs and businesses but we also need to keep people as safe as possible. Restricting the amount of people we come into contact with socially whilst opening some businesses is one way of trying to achieve that balance. Hence the limit on the number of people we can see currently. Think of it as reducing your daily/weekly friend count to allow for coming into (distanced) contact with people out and about.

They’re not hard rules to follow and from the 4th of July offer a lot more freedom than at the moment. I don’t see why people would want to risk breaking them?

Last edited:
Pregnant women only have to shield if they have a severe accompanying condition (asthma, autoimmune, heart condition etc). The rest of us are to follow the general government rules.

Currently people can:

1. Go shopping. (Though why would we when we can do so online?)
2. See people in private gardens or parks 2m apart.
3. Visit National Trust gardens (with pre-booked tickets), parks and open areas for leisure and exercise.
4. Form a bubble with a single person household (e.g. a friend or elderly relative who lives alone)

From 4th of July:

1. We can visit another household indoors and stay overnight (providing we keep to the new 1m+ distance ruling).
2. Hairdressers open! (Cannot wait for this one! My hair is so knotted x__x)
3. Museums and restaurants open. (I believe these will all be on reservations only/pre-booked basis with strict social distancing policies)
4. Hotels open (again with social distancing in place)

At the end of the day it’s all about how comfortable you feel with doing any of the above. If we all follow what (or do less than) the rules allow then the risk of the R number rising again should stay low. :)

Unfortunately we need the economy to function again to protect jobs and businesses but we also need to keep people as safe as possible. Restricting the amount of people we come into contact with socially whilst opening some businesses is one way of trying to achieve that balance. Hence the limit on the number of people we can see currently. Think of it as reducing your daily/weekly friend count to allow for coming into (distanced) contact with people out and about.

They’re not hard rules to follow and from the 4th of July offer a lot more freedom than at the moment. I don’t see why people would want to risk breaking them?
Totally agree with you Sock, I completely understand that the economy desperately needs to restart. But my issue isn't with me following the guidance, its what other people are doing or rather not doing. I think I just need to make my peace with the fact that we've reached the point in time where the guidance has been manipulated or is just plan unclear that people are doing what they want. I'm just frustrated because I'm terrified that me and my baby will be separated from our family during the precious newborn weeks. I literally cannot think of anything worse!

Totally agree with you Sock, I completely understand that the economy desperately needs to restart. But my issue isn't with me following the guidance, its what other people are doing or rather not doing. I think I just need to make my peace with the fact that we've reached the point in time where the guidance has been manipulated or is just plan unclear that people are doing what they want. I'm just frustrated because I'm terrified that me and my baby will be separated from our family during the precious newborn weeks. I literally cannot think of anything worse!

I know what you mean :( I really don’t want there to be a second wave and I wish people would just use their common sense and err on the side of caution if they’re at all confused about the rules.

Exactly this!! After everything we’ve had to miss out on during our pregnancies. There’s a little bit of light at the end of the tunnel that it will be a bit more ‘normal’ when our babies are due. Not if people are not being responsible and not following the rules! X

Totally agree guys! People are just going right back to being selfish again and not considering others! It’s crazy :-( if everyone just kept social distancing as much as they can we could hopefully nip this thing in the butt but the way things are going we could get a second wave :doh:

My bits have felt a bit weird today and yesterday! I think I’ve got a varicose vein too!!! :roll::roll:

My bits have felt a bit weird today and yesterday! I think I’ve got a varicose vein too!!! :roll::roll:
I usually feel it when I've been sat down or laid down for a bit then get up - its like a sore, heavy feeling. Kind of as if my bits have inflated haha. I've also noticed a few skin tags pop up under one of my arms. The joys! Haha

Hi ladies, all been a little quiet lately, hope everyone is OK!

I'm 26 weeks today. 26 weeks! Where has the time gone? I'm still loving being pregnant and feeling baby move and kick, it's the best thing ever. But I'm starting to feel tired again now, I'm not sleeping well at all. My hips hurt last night, and I feel like an old lady trying to roll over in bed or get up! One thing that is weird and I'm not sure if I should be concerned about is that the top of my bump is sore. Its been like this for a few weeks now, its hard to describe.. like my skin is so so sensitive it feels sore, my clothes make it worse, but there is no visible damage or anything to my skin? Its literally just in that one place! Don't suppose anybody else has had this?

@Natalie8964 does it possibly feel a bit like bruising? A slightly bruised feeling is not unusual and is something I've had the last few days.

@Natalie8964 does it possibly feel a bit like bruising? A slightly bruised feeling is not unusual and is something I've had the last few days.
I'm not really sure how to describe it, maybe like bruising. Its just under my boobs and sensitive even to touch. Ill ask my midwife about it in a couple of weeks if it's still there!

Hi ladies, all been a little quiet lately, hope everyone is OK!

I'm 26 weeks today. 26 weeks! Where has the time gone? I'm still loving being pregnant and feeling baby move and kick, it's the best thing ever. But I'm starting to feel tired again now, I'm not sleeping well at all. My hips hurt last night, and I feel like an old lady trying to roll over in bed or get up! One thing that is weird and I'm not sure if I should be concerned about is that the top of my bump is sore. Its been like this for a few weeks now, its hard to describe.. like my skin is so so sensitive it feels sore, my clothes make it worse, but there is no visible damage or anything to my skin? Its literally just in that one place! Don't suppose anybody else has had this?

Think everything on our bodies is extra sensitive right now. My husband flicked my arm the other day messing around and I burst into tears!! Hahahaha!!! Definitely get it checked though x

Think everything on our bodies is extra sensitive right now. My husband flicked my arm the other day messing around and I burst into tears!! Hahahaha!!! Definitely get it checked though x
Maybe yeah, sometimes it's not too bad then sometimes even a t-shirt sitting on it is bloody irritating! So weird! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back