♡ October 2020 mummies ♡

I've heard people say that they don't feel like eating during labour which is understandable however its really important to stay energised and hydrated so your muscles keep working the best they can. So I'll be taking a variety of snacks and trying to eat little and often! I plan on birthing at a midwife led unit rather than hospital ward so want it to feel as chilled and relaxed as possible, snacks included! I heart oats are good for milk supply, and there's raspberry leaf tea too which I'll definitely be investing in

Oooh snacks! I’m going to take a sports drink (they’re easy to sip on in labour) some Ribena for a treat afterwards and some of those drumstick squashy sweets. My labour last time was 9.5 hours and I couldn’t physically eat anything. They did bring me toast and jam during but I couldn’t eat it. Flapjack is a good snack.

Is everyone’s midwife led suite back open? Ours is being used for women in labour testing positive for COVID-19 so theres no other choice other than the labour ward for us. I hope it’s open again come October...xx

Is everyone’s midwife led suite back open? Ours is being used for women in labour testing positive for COVID-19 so theres no other choice other than the labour ward for us. I hope it’s open again come October...xx
I don't actually know the answer, my midwife didn't give much away on my last daft telephone app. I'll be pestering her again at 28 weeks for more info! But all being well that's my decision for where I'll birth. I'm not religious but I'm practically praying for things to be almost back to normal for us October mamas! X

I don't actually know the answer, my midwife didn't give much away on my last daft telephone app. I'll be pestering her again at 28 weeks for more info! But all being well that's my decision for where I'll birth. I'm not religious but I'm practically praying for things to be almost back to normal for us October mamas! X

We definitely deserve a bit of normal for when our babies are here especially after having crazy pregnancies! X

Finally had my whooping cough jab today. It was nothing, but starting to feel the dead arm kicking in. Also had my first session of acupuncture since before lockdown! I've missed it so much. It really makes such a different to physical and mental health. My acupuncturist is brilliant, super safe and her studio was spotlessly clean. I saw 3 hand sanitising stations on my way in, and she was in full PPE. Booked my block in straight away and hoping to get treatments every 2 weeks going forward. Nice to have a tiny little slice of normality back!

Finally had my whooping cough jab today. It was nothing, but starting to feel the dead arm kicking in. Also had my first session of acupuncture since before lockdown! I've missed it so much. It really makes such a different to physical and mental health. My acupuncturist is brilliant, super safe and her studio was spotlessly clean. I saw 3 hand sanitising stations on my way in, and she was in full PPE. Booked my block in straight away and hoping to get treatments every 2 weeks going forward. Nice to have a tiny little slice of normality back!

I had the dead arm for about two days! What do you use acupuncture for? X

I had the dead arm for about two days! What do you use acupuncture for? X
I was having it before I got pregnant to aid fertility. Think I had 4 sessions then fell pregnant! Its also helped me with back and neck pain previously. Going forward we will be focusing on easing pregnancy symptoms e.g. aches and pains, sleep issues. It can also help with other pregnancy issues. At the end of pregnancy, it can help get baby into the right position, as well as preparing your body for labour, and decreasing the level of pain in labour. I always leave feeling energised and happy and even today at almost 27 weeks pregnant it did the same - I came home and did loads of jobs! And I just feel chilled and content :)

I was having it before I got pregnant to aid fertility. Think I had 4 sessions then fell pregnant! Its also helped me with back and neck pain previously. Going forward we will be focusing on easing pregnancy symptoms e.g. aches and pains, sleep issues. It can also help with other pregnancy issues. At the end of pregnancy, it can help get baby into the right position, as well as preparing your body for labour, and decreasing the level of pain in labour. I always leave feeling energised and happy and even today at almost 27 weeks pregnant it did the same - I came home and did loads of jobs! And I just feel chilled and content :)

Oooo nice. I’ve often thought about trying it. Do you find it painful? X

Does anyone’s baby’s still have ‘quite’ days? Or are you all feeling movement all day long now? Last few days I’ve had to really concentrate on movement. If I lay on my side and ‘make’ baby move it does. Doesn’t seem to randomly do it on its own though :(

Does anyone’s baby’s still have ‘quite’ days? Or are you all feeling movement all day long now? Last few days I’ve had to really concentrate on movement. If I lay on my side and ‘make’ baby move it does. Doesn’t seem to randomly do it on its own though :(

Definitely normal still. They’re not meant to be regularly active until 28wks and some bubs will have quiet days all the way up until birth like my last one did (you should have them checked if you’re worried but you’ll get to know how often a quiet day is normal for your baby). x

I'm 27 weeks tomorrow, is that classed as tri 3?!

Is anyone else struggling with normal stuff now? E.g. getting out of bed or rolling over, getting up off the sofa, putting shoes on?! I'm starting to get quite big up front now! Everyone says how big my bump is. I thought this feeling would start a bit later! Keep wondering how much bigger I can get :rotfl:

I'm 27 weeks tomorrow, is that classed as tri 3?!

Is anyone else struggling with normal stuff now? E.g. getting out of bed or rolling over, getting up off the sofa, putting shoes on?! I'm starting to get quite big up front now! Everyone says how big my bump is. I thought this feeling would start a bit later! Keep wondering how much bigger I can get :rotfl:

I think it’s 28 weeks?? Not totally sure.... x

Yes everything is hard now... tri 3 starts at 28wks :)

@PinkFlamingo How is bub going? Still quiet? I had a day where bub was quiet and contacted our GP. He said that it's ok if they are quiet up for 5-7 days but said that if the baby was still quiet the next day we would do a scan. Thankfully bub was very active the next day. I would certainly prefer to get things checked out and everything be fine than to not and things not be fine.

@Natalie8964 I'm certainly starting to struggle now. My husband sometimes needs to push me out of bed haha. From what I found online there seems to differing opinions about when 3rd trimester starts. Just from my own thoughts though if we break up 40 weeks into 3 that's going to mean just over 13 weeks in each trimester which by my calculations would mean that by 27 weeks you would be in the third trimester. The only reason I can think of that it wouldn't be is if they don't consider a pregnancy to be 40 weeks...

@PinkFlamingo How is bub going? Still quiet? I had a day where bub was quiet and contacted our GP. He said that it's ok if they are quiet up for 5-7 days but said that if the baby was still quiet the next day we would do a scan. Thankfully bub was very active the next day. I would certainly prefer to get things checked out and everything be fine than to not and things not be fine.

@Natalie8964 I'm certainly starting to struggle now. My husband sometimes needs to push me out of bed haha. From what I found online there seems to differing opinions about when 3rd trimester starts. Just from my own thoughts though if we break up 40 weeks into 3 that's going to mean just over 13 weeks in each trimester which by my calculations would mean that by 27 weeks you would be in the third trimester. The only reason I can think of that it wouldn't be is if they don't consider a pregnancy to be 40 weeks...
That was exactly what I thought too. I'll hold off creating a tri 3 thread until next week anyway. I can't believe we are getting to close to tri 3. I still have so much to do!

Hey, thank you for asking. Movements still the same, just feel now and again. Got some period type pains which are worrying me though. Rang pregnancy unit and she didn’t seem overly worried as no bleeding, she said to take some paracetamol and to phone back if they get any worse. Trying really hard not to be anxious but struggling a bit. X

Hey, thank you for asking. Movements still the same, just feel now and again. Got some period type pains which are worrying me though. Rang pregnancy unit and she didn’t seem overly worried as no bleeding, she said to take some paracetamol and to phone back if they get any worse. Trying really hard not to be anxious but struggling a bit. X
Oh bless you, hope you're OK! I'm sure its nothing to be worried about. I'm getting more aches and pains now - do you think it could be braxton hicks? I don't think I've had any yet, just feel more sort of round ligament pain. Take it easy and get your feet up x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back