♡ October 2020 mummies ♡

@Natalie8964 My mum keeps making me massive cakes like that and I keep eating the entire thing lol so don’t feel too bad!

I stand by my original guesses of boy for Natalie and girl for Flamingo. But I was sure I was having a boy so you’ll both have the opposite to what I guess :rofl:
Haha I'm going to try and be a bit better once the cake is gone. Wonder how long that will last! I'm usually good with self control and not having too many treats. I'm still not sure, I'd say a few more said boy from my 12 week scan pic but the nut techs came back 95% girl. 16 weeks (ish) till we find out I guess haha

I can’t find find my comment where I had a guess at gender and I really want to know if I thought girl at the beginning @Natalie8964 x

Omg all I want is sweet stuff! Chocolate, sweets, biscuits - THE LOT!!! With my son I craved things like fruit and salad. This is the only old wives tale that has rung true for me haha x

Last edited:
So for the most part I feel pretty good still. But I struggle to sleep and find it so hard to roll over in bed! Always feel like I'm pulling muscles in my stomach. And at times I have such a heavy feeling down below - sometimes it feels like my insides are going to fall out! Is this normal?

@Natalie8964 All normal. I often feel like my bump is going to split in half or like there's a watermelon pressed against my cervix (which I guess isn't too far from reality). If baby is sitting low it really does feel like she might fall out!

I basically have skipped tri 2 this pregnancy. I was in the tri 1 morning sickness phase until about 23 weeks and now at 25 weeks I've hit the "everything hurts, I'm always tired and everything is physically hard to do" tri 3 phase. 15 weeks to go!!

@Natalie8964 All normal. I often feel like my bump is going to split in half or like there's a watermelon pressed against my cervix (which I guess isn't too far from reality). If baby is sitting low it really does feel like she might fall out!

I basically have skipped tri 2 this pregnancy. I was in the tri 1 morning sickness phase until about 23 weeks and now at 25 weeks I've hit the "everything hurts, I'm always tired and everything is physically hard to do" tri 3 phase. 15 weeks to go!!
Well that's good to know. I mean it makes sense but was starting to think I was slowly breaking! Ribs are sore again so think baby is having a growth spurt - I'm getting kicks way above my belly button now so they've definitely stretched out. Oh bless you, it's getting a little harder now but im definitely feeling relatively lucky!

15 weeks to go sounds very soon!! Haha! Managed to have a midwife appointment today. (Sorry to those who haven’t) All looking ok and normal for now. Baby laying straight across me! Amazing how they can tell x

15 weeks to go sounds very soon!! Haha! Managed to have a midwife appointment today. (Sorry to those who haven’t) All looking ok and normal for now. Baby laying straight across me! Amazing how they can tell x
Oh that's brilliant news. Don't be sorry! I have no idea how they tell things like that. Did you hear the heartbeat? X

OK so here is a real TMI post ladies. So I said earlier I felt really heavy down below. I was curious so had a peep in the shower using a mirror.. I have a varicose vein down there!!!! Mortified! I know its normal but I don't have any on my legs, hoping it goes away after baby is born!

Omg @Natalie8964 you’re brave! I wouldn’t dare look down there :rotfl: I’d be scared I could see a head! My movements have felt so low this time like they’re in my vagina! I didn’t have this with my daughter she was head down at my 25 week midwife appointment. :think:
I’m a bit curious what a varicose vein looks like up there! :rotfl:

Yes heard the heartbeat 138bpm
Asked midwife about that heavy feeling she said it’s completely normal. Also I’m sure I read somewhere about varicose veins and pretty sure it said they will go away after giving birth x

Omg @Natalie8964 you’re brave! I wouldn’t dare look down there :rotfl: I’d be scared I could see a head! My movements have felt so low this time like they’re in my vagina! I didn’t have this with my daughter she was head down at my 25 week midwife appointment. :think:
I’m a bit curious what a varicose vein looks like up there! :rotfl:
Maybe they're stood up dancing on your cervix haha! Oh I'm not really queasy about stuff like that, I've had so many smear tests, lletz treatments, vaginal ultrasounds and inspections down there it doesn't bother me too much. It was on one side, just inside the flap :rotfl: like a dark vein sticking out! Sorry I don't know the technical term LOL the joys of pregnancy eh!

I remember from about 25 weeks with my son having constant sharp pains where he’d hit my cervix! It was horrible! I feel like this pregnancy has been loads easier than my previous one. No cramp or pains yet and I feel fine!

Off to check my flaps for varicose veins haha x

Sorry, I've been very quiet lately. I had felt the same @WinterWolf، I went straight from first trimester symptoms to sciatic pain causing me to waddle and feel like I went straight to third trimester. Thankfully that settled and now I'm just getting regular second trimester symptoms which include heartburn, insomnia and lots of BH.

Nesting has kicked in a bit. I say a bit because it's not incessant yet and I'm not driving others crazy yet. I sought my youngest's permission and have moved the cot into my room and dug out the baby clothes. I haven't washed the clothes yet as they will need to be washed closer to the due date. We are also in the process of finding a car seat.

I need to write up a list of questions to ask when I finally have my appointment at the hospital. It looks like I will probably only get one appointment there before the birth so I will need to make sure I have all my questions ready. Any suggestions? This will be my first hospital birth in nearly 17 years so it's all kinds of new to me.

@PinkFlamingo Aw how lovely, I’m glad you got to hear baby’s heartbeat <3 I actually have midwife appointments face-to-face at my hospital every 3 weeks now.. It’s a tiny rural hospital where we’ve had no covid cases for a while, so they were happy to let me have them all in person when I said I was uncomfortable with Telehealth.

@Natalie8964 Oh wow I didn’t even know you could get varicose veins down there! Well, I guess it’s pretty obvious that you can. Hope it doesn’t hurt too bad and goes away quickly. I’m like you, not bothered with stuff like that. I had a look down there a few days postpartum and it was terrifying :rofl:

@MammaOfMany I’ve got such a waddle now haha. We got a car seat the other day, lots of end of financial year sales on! For your hospital appointment I’d ask where you have to go if you’re in labour or worried, what their policies are re. visitors, will you have to share a recovery room, will you be provided with nappies etc or have to bring your own, do they offer any classes (plenty of hospitals are doing them online), can you have certain things you’d like in the birthing room eg. music, what your pain relief options are, how long you usually stay in hospital after the birth... there’s probably loads more but that’s a start!

Hi ladies Hope you are all keeping fine? Thought I’d only missed a day or 2 but seems I’ve missed heaps :doh: today I am struggling! Did not have a good sleep last night - I either was too hot, couldn’t get comfy, baby started kicking, ribs started hurting on side I was lying or I got a dead arm :shakehead: I am now feeling super tired, grumpy and hot! Oh and hungry! Anyone else feeling like this?! I thought I’d still have a couple weeks of easiness yet :eh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back