♡ October 2020 mummies ♡

I’ve picked my pram :) I’m going for a tandem. Going to get the Phil and Teds In-line Voyager with yellow or blue seat for my son (can’t decide - help?) and the pink lining in the carrycot for baby. Has anyone else made a decision on their stroller? X

825D1AD8-CFBB-4E08-AE67-19EAF5292EBB.jpeg 92822A2C-7C83-4679-B314-F0023F222A99.jpeg A7D4952F-BEA6-48C2-BB84-5FE03C8B0591.jpeg 682273E5-2CE1-4750-BBAB-4555BD4C848A.jpeg

Last edited:
I still have a pram from before. It's the VeeBee Doubletake. I'm not sure I'll need a double pram right now since my youngest is 3 and generally walks everywhere now but it is good to have that extra storage for all the stuff we need to carry around anyway and I'm not a fan of spending money on new stuff unless it's needed.

VeeBee Doubletake Tandem Stroller (Salt & Pepper) - Tiny Fox

I would have added a picture instead but I can't figure out how.

@MammaOfMany ohhh this looks great! There are so many doubles out there it’s a bit of a minefield. I think I’m realistically going to need one so I’m going to sell our current one and trade it in for a double x

I’ve picked my pram :) I’m going for a tandem. Going to get the Phil and Teds In-line Voyager with yellow or blue seat for my son (can’t decide - help?) and the pink lining in the carrycot for baby. Has anyone else made a decision on their stroller? X

View attachment 91082 View attachment 91084 View attachment 91085 View attachment 91086

How exciting you’ve decided! I’m still unsure! It’s a whole new world being a first timer! I would go for the blue for your son, the contrast with the pink will look great x

@kj1 I'd ask your son what colour he wants :) My daughter would want blue lol

@MammaOfMany I nearly got that one! But I went with the Steelcraft Agile Twin, it seemed easier to move around in the shop.

My plan was to keep my silver cross and stick a buggy board on then get a double out n about. At the minute we have a vintage silver cross, silver cross travel system, silver cross stroller for holidays and a single out n about - pram overload! I think I will wait and see if I need it when the baby comes. I can always use a pram and babywear one of them or tandem carry!

I wish I’d never put the snuzpod together - my OH keeps using it as a dumping ground for his clothes and sweaty running gear! Men!!! It’s driving me mad!!!! X

@kj1 Men eh, mine did the same when I set the cot up last pregnancy, so I’m not setting the bassinet up until 38wks this time!!

For those of you planning to breast feed are you still buying bottle steriliser, bottles etc....
Can anyone recommend one? X

For those of you planning to breast feed are you still buying bottle steriliser, bottles etc....
Can anyone recommend one? X
I'm planning to breast feed. I've bought a MAM 2in1 pump, and a starter set of bottles. I haven't got a steriliser yet as not sure what to get! Get the bounty app if you haven't already because I got a 30% discount code for the MAM stuff and saved over £50. It was delivered 2 days later and I had a play around with everything and it seemed fine. But of course I've no experience and havent used them yet! X

My tip would be not to buy too many bottles. I breastfed my son but also expressed as I wanted my OH to be able to feed him if I had to go out for any reason and we ended up going through 4-5 different brands of bottles before we found one he would take! You can always buy more on Amazon prime if/when you need them x

Thank you both. It’s hard isn’t it. I really want to give breast feeding a go but I also understand it doesn’t happen for everyone. So need to be prepared but don’t want to spend out for stuff that we’re not going to need either x

Thank you both. It’s hard isn’t it. I really want to give breast feeding a go but I also understand it doesn’t happen for everyone. So need to be prepared but don’t want to spend out for stuff that we’re not going to need either x
It really is. If I'm lucky and breastfeeding is successful, I definitely want to involve my hubby in feeding so figured I'd definitely want some bottles.. plus, my plan would be to BF for maybe 6 months and potentially combi feed or switch to formula at some point (I'm not knocking it but I don't want to breastfeed until my baby is a toddler, just a personal choice) so ill need all that stuff anyways. I'm not buying any formula to start with though because I don't want to easily fall back on it! A lot to consider but just buy whatever you think will help you x

I just plan on buying one or two self sterilising mam bottles. I sold my steriliser pretty earlier on last time as didn’t really use it. You can always get Milton tablets, sterilising fluid or a little microwave sterilising box rather than an electric one. It’s debatable but you don’t actually need to sterilise things used for breast milk just formula although I personally would.

I just plan on buying one or two self sterilising mam bottles. I sold my steriliser pretty earlier on last time as didn’t really use it. You can always get Milton tablets, sterilising fluid or a little microwave sterilising box rather than an electric one. It’s debatable but you don’t actually need to sterilise things used for breast milk just formula although I personally would.
I've got the MAM bottles but wondered if it was actually necessary to buy a steriliser if I do breastfeed.. I was looking into microwave ones rather than electric if I do get one. Think I'll hold off, thanks for this info! X

I’m planning to try bf again. I’d buy a bottle or two even if you’re breastfeeding so others can feed bubba if you need to be away for whatever reason. :) don’t go mad though, most babies will only take one or two brands and it can be expensive to find out which one your baby likes x

Is it wrong I’m already thinking about what snacks I need to buy for my hospital bag? This is why I have gained so much weight :rofl:

Is it wrong I’m already thinking about what snacks I need to buy for my hospital bag? This is why I have gained so much weight :rofl:
I've been thinking about this haha! I know I want lucozade sport. Haribo strawbs. Some kind of chocolate biscuits.. and maybe something marginally healthy like a banana :rotfl:

Ooh haribo gummies are a good idea, definitely getting some of them. I had a big stack of of crisps, muesli bars and protein bars last time. I didn't bring any drinks and that was a mistake - the hospital water and tea were funky. I think I'll try and bring some lactation cookies too this time since I know I'll likely have supply issues again. Anything to help with the milk.. and if they don't help.. cookies! lol

I'm glad I'm not the only one already thinking about hospital bags although I hadn't thought of food because I never feel like eating in labour. You ladies have made me think though and I think now I will pack some food for after the birth because I will invariably be starving and they may not have anything available and even if they do it might not be very nice. I remember after my 1 hospital birth 16 years ago that they had to go looking for some leftover sandwiches which were a bit stale and took a long time to find. I'm so spoiled with homebirths being able to eat whatever I want as soon as I demand it after the birth.

I've never owned a steriliser. I did use Milton for a bit with my first but somehow found it made the bottles feel sticky which I didn't like. Since then if I have needed to sterilise anything I boil them in a pot on the stove. As for bottles, my favourite so far has been the Tommee Tippee - Closer to Nature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back