Will you be buying in nappies?

russellmuscle

Reaction score
:wave:

Just wondering if you are or have been stocking up on nappies before baby is born?

My mum was going to start stocking these up for me with the shop and so were we eventually but someone made a remark that made me think twice kinda.. basicly "why are you buying nappies when you dont know the baby weight"

I was planning on just buying newborn..

What about you guys?

Thanks xxxx

Newborn will be perfect Hun. I have stocked up on them. I have had kiddies from 7lbs 4 to 9lbs 11 and not had a problem with them fitting x

I've got 2 big packs of Pampers size 1 (and a little pack for my hospital bag), 2 boxes of size 2 and 2 boxes of size 3. Depending on how my next growth scan goes, I may get another couple of size 1's.

I would buy a few packs of each size if you want but not too many. You don't know the size of the baby when it's born, how quickly it will put on weight or what brand works best for you. Also there is quite a bit of overlap between the recommended weights of each size (don't think my DD was in size 2's at all, went straight from 1's to 3's) I bought a few packs of huggies which never suited my DD and so had to be given away, I have also heard of babies being allergic to/ more likely to get nappy rash in certain brands.

I am buying a selection of sizes 1, 2 and 3 newborn.

xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
I have two packs of newborn size 2 (one huggies one pampers) which do between 3-6kg but I did contemplate buying one pack of the size 1 newborn mainly for the hospital bag as it does between 4-11lbs (im hopeful im not gonna have a super light or super heavy minion lol)

Also stocked up on wipes have three packs so far but gonna get some more while Tesco have their baby event on xx

I would buy a few packs of each size if you want but not too many. You don't know the size of the baby when it's born, how quickly it will put on weight or what brand works best for you. Also there is quite a bit of overlap between the recommended weights of each size (don't think my DD was in size 2's at all, went straight from 1's to 3's) I bought a few packs of huggies which never suited my DD and so had to be given away, I have also heard of babies being allergic to/ more likely to get nappy rash in certain brands.

Yeah thats what I was concerned about too, My mum said I was allergic to the huggies I think it was and ended up with a bad nappy rash.

No harm in having a few sizes in they will be used all the same. I always found huggies good for the first week or 2 after baby is born. The top was far easier to fold down so it wasnt covering babys cord area so I could keep it dry. They tend to sweat when covered by a nappy and can take longer to heal or get sore. Im sure we all have our own little ways of doing things that work best for us it's all part and parcel of being a new mum.

Yeah I suppoes its the way forward to mix and match so that you know what works best for your baby.

I just felt really stupid when the person said to me as if I shouldnt be buying nappies :shock: xxx

I've bought a couple of packs but im not buying any more just now,because i want to see which ones suit lo best. With DD the pampers were never a good fit, so I switched to huggies, but this time round i think im going to try some of the supermarket own brands too, cause I've heard some good reviews about them. I only live 5 mins from a 24 supermarket though, so i wont have any problems getting them after lo is here.

I've got a pack of pampers and a box of Asdas little angels to get me through the first week or so, but don't plan on buying many more till I know what size baby I'm having

I have a feeling I'm giving birth to a baby elephant :shock:

Dont worry someone will always know better lol x

Yeah.. my SIL uses the little angels ones from asda - she advised me to use the pampers for when baby is born as the angels sometimes soak through easy so for when baby is needing changed frequently to use the pampers but when baby is a few months older to switch to little angels xxx

Tweety I have heard great reviews on the little angels brands. I have bought there breast pads and maternity towels and some washing products x

I have lost count of the number of packs of wipes i have bought! Been picking up a couple of packs with the shopping for weeks now!

I have a few small packs of newborn and one bigger pack of the next size up- various brands to try: huggies,tesco and pampers. It took me about three attempts to buy nappies though, i got sooooo confused and overwhelmed by the different weights etc and how they all overlapped. I got all tearful and had to go home- practically ran out of the shop!

I think its best to get a few packs but dont go overboard, but wipes are a different matter- you can never have too many wipes. Mind you, my hubby isn't convinced though! He thinks i have some sort of wetwipe obsession!

XX

definitely on the wipes I already have some of these but I dipped into them oops!

I will buy a couple packs of wipes a week too probably starting next week xxx

I don't plan to use wipes much to begin with - only for reall messes and when we're out.

Otherwise I'll stick to cotton wool and water

I still have lots of wetwipes though, got the ones that are super senstive (my SIL got them as my nephew had the worst nappy rash and these were the only wipes she could use on him!)

xxxxxxxxxx

Just a heads up :) the first few poohs are so difficult to clean with cotton wool and water , it's like tar! So nice warm water and cotton pads rather than cotton balls will help. I had a large laundry hamper full if nappies for the first few weeks in different sizes and it was great

Oh yeah I know to use the cotton wool and water at first and everything but wipes are handy to have. I have the sensitive ones too.

I like to use wetwipes myself and even I can only use the sensitive, the regular wipes are too strong for my dilicate little good girl never mind a baby's :shock: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back