Nappies

Katie Ann

Reaction score
Hello Mums,

Everytime I go shopping I buy a pack of nappies, I'm stocking up for when baby arrives. I just wondered...

How long (on average) babies stay in the newborn size?

Also, how many nappies do you get through in one day?

Thanks!

That depends on the size of the baby when born but I think I bought 2 packs of newborn with Nathan before he went up a size. the 1st couple of weeks you can use as many as 10 nappies a day but after that it settles down to about 6-7.

They didnt fit my daughter at birth she went staright into size 1

I don't know about sizing because we've gone with the washable nappies which just come in 2 sizes however when it comes to changing, we could change his nappy after every feed! I would say we change it every 2/3 hrs and it's drenched by then!

millie was going thru about 10 nappies a day at first :shock:

newborn size is up to 11 pounds i think millie was about 6 weeks old when she reached 11 pounds (she was 7 and a half at birth)

I had sooo many newborn nappies... too many. I'd buy like one pack of tehm and see how you go.

If you want to stock up get something like a size 2 or 3....the baby might not fit into them for ages but when they are in them they're in them for months.

jayla changed from new born 1 week ago. so when she was 7 half weeks.
xnatx

Imogen is 14 weeks now and still in newborn size 2 :shock: and will be for a while yet.

You will just know when your baby is too big for them, signs if chffing round the thighs and the straps wont meet in the middle when you do them up :D

if you want to stock up got for bigger sizes.. such as size 1 or 2.. i have 2 packs of newborn nappys.. as im using re-usables.. and only got them to get the free bag from pampers lol..charlottes used 5 for her dollys so im sure they wont go to waste..

Thanks for all your advice - you've all been so helpful.

I've already got 5 packs of newborn, so I'll now going to start stocking up on the next size... good to know though otheriwse I would have kept on buying and would have been drowning in newborn nappies.

Also, I can't believe they go through up to 10 nappies a day! Thats a lot of poo and wee... you must become experts on changing nappies, bet some of you could even doing with your eyes shut!

Thanks again for your help.

I can't believe how wet Finn's nappies get! Absoultely sodden - it's amazing to think that such a little thing can produce so much fluid!

Last time we stocked up on pampers and found they didnt work for us and leaked :( Only huggies seemed to work for us.

I had to give loads of nappies away to friends :wall:

Ryan's about to change to size 3, and got through about 4 packs of huggies size newborn. He had loads of size 2 packs bought by my mom, so just running those down and will change to 3 on the nextt pack. Size 2 and 3 overlap anyway.

I had stocked up on all sizes but Maddison ended up being only 4lbs 15oz so even newborn were far too big. I ended up having to go buy prem baby nappies :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back