Newborn or 0-3 months

Em91

Reaction score
Hello ladies, we were planning to wait till 20 weeks before we started buying baby things...

buttt I'm 18+5 and gave in today, was on a real downer am signed off work for the second week and fed up.

Ended up on next and spending £200 on baby clothes, we're not finding out the sex. So lots of unisex sleepsuits, bibs, baby grows. Everything. Was advised by family and friends not to buy to much in newborn because they grow out of it to quick and when baby's born people buy you newborn clothes, so got most of it 0-3 months. What have others done?

have you got Newborn or 0-3?

Really cheered me up buying all the little outfits, can't wait to have our LO to put in them now :p

Sorry pointless thread, just wandered if i should have got more newborn?

Awww bless you! Must have put a smile on your face buying baby things!! We are team yellow too so we are just getting white things as well. You can get 1 month sizing in marks and spencer so we have gone for 1 month and we will be buying 0-3 months things too soonish.... not going too mad because we want to wait until Baba is here xx

Yeah i just got the multi packs of vests, baby gros and sleepsuits, a few bibs, scratch mittens, socks, a pramsuit and some cuter sleepsuits with bears and things on. Nothing to much, the cost just adds up doesn't it! xx

I bought all 0-3 months, they were a bit big on him but not that much and he moved into 3-6 months at around 2 and half months xx

I'm team yellow so mostly white/beige stuff, but only have x6 newborn babygrows and x10 0-3 babygrows but loads of white vests. Looking forward to a pink or blue shopping spree when bubs arrives!!!

everything ive gto is 0-3 x

I have far too much 0-3 month stuff because all the gifts we got were that age. I brought clothes up to a year when I was pregnant.

When Oz was born he weighed 8lb 10oz and was in newborn til 3 months old, then he went up to 0-3 months. He has always been bang-on the sizes!

Henry weighed in at 9lb 5oz and most newborn is too big for him. I've had to sort through his newborn and find all the smaller stuff for him or he end up looking legless in his baby grows!

I've got a few basics in newborn but plan on getting the more expensive dresses etc in 0-3 so they last a bit longer. Once she arrives in just gonna send hubby out to buy stuff in the appropriate size

I had mainly 0-3 but my LO was 3 weeks early so ended up having to send my sister out for newborn stuff it really does depened where you get it from sleepsuits sya from asda seem to go upto 9 pounds for newborn but then next goes up to 7.6 pounds. Alyssia was 6.5 when born and I would say she probably around 7 pounds now at 4 weeks old and growing out of some of the newborn stuff from next length wise either that or Ive shrunk it in the wasH LOL!!! But saying that shes well not ready to go into 0-3 months either!!

Maybe would get a few bits but not much just in case and if your baby is smaller then you can always get more XX

I'm buying 0-3 - and trying to restrain myself and not buy too much! I figure people will buy us stuff, and if it all goes very wrong with lots of poo everywhere we can buy online and get it delivered!

A tip I was given from another mum re. clothing gifts - if you get too many newborn/0-3 bought for you, save them with the label on and exchange them for a bigger size when you are able to - the person will have probably forgotten what size you bought them and that way you get to enjoy the clothes properly.

LOVE baby clothes shopping!!!

xxx

I'm buying 0-3 - and trying to restrain myself and not buy too much! I figure people will buy us stuff, and if it all goes very wrong with lots of poo everywhere we can buy online and get it delivered!

A tip I was given from another mum re. clothing gifts - if you get too many newborn/0-3 bought for you, save them with the label on and exchange them for a bigger size when you are able to - the person will have probably forgotten what size you bought them and that way you get to enjoy the clothes properly.

xxx

That's such a good tip!! Definately one to remeber....xx

xxx

That's such a good tip!! Definately one to remeber....xx

What a good idea :) x

We were expecting a large baby and nearly everyone said it would be waste to buy newborn stuff. In the end we bought 0-3 with one newborn vest and sleepsuit which were second hand. Turns out LO was 8lb 6 and long rather than chubby so everything was huge on her, had family rallying round to get her smaller clothes hehe.

In future I would buy more newborn things but leave tags on should I need bigger sizes.

M&S and Next both do up to one month (10lb) which I have found to fit wonderfully.

Hello ladies, we were planning to wait till 20 weeks before we started buying baby things...

buttt I'm 18+5 and gave in today, was on a real downer am signed off work for the second week and fed up.

Ended up on next and spending £200 on baby clothes, we're not finding out the sex. So lots of unisex sleepsuits, bibs, baby grows. Everything. Was advised by family and friends not to buy to much in newborn because they grow out of it to quick and when baby's born people buy you newborn clothes, so got most of it 0-3 months. What have others done?

have you got Newborn or 0-3?

Really cheered me up buying all the little outfits, can't wait to have our LO to put in them now :p

Sorry pointless thread, just wandered if i should have got more newborn?

my LO was 6lb4 born. He was in 'tiny baby' for the first month. He was 3 months old before he needed 0-3 months. Hes always been on the 9th centile so bottom end of 'average' size. Id definitely have one or 2 'tiny baby' baby grows and vests handy.

My LO was 7.11 and was long & skinny she was in tiny baby for three weeks the new born she is still very little though and is only just in 9-12 now at almost 13months!

I'm buying mainly newborn this time with some tiny baby stuff too!

Hey ladies,

We ended up being at the small end of the scale.....we bought lots of 0-3 months stuff and new born bits. Lo was born weighing 4lb so we had to go out and buy loads of up to 5lb clothes (mothercare do great tiny tiny baby cloths). But of course, all the bigger clothes we already had did get used when he grew into them :dance:. Its def better to buy bigger because at least you know you will get some wear out of them xxxx

So far we've just bought a few bits in Newborn size and a few in 0-3 months, as like the others said we have no idea how big or small our LO is going to be, so don't want to overdo it, but I'm sure everyone will buy lots of clothes for you as well! :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Thanks ladies, think i will get a few more newborn bits, and a couple of tiny baby just incase! Like someone said least the stuff thats to big will get worn eventually :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back