How many nappies will a newborn use in a day!

JJ Mum

Reaction score
Hi girls, I know I'm the mother of 3 kids already, but last was 8 1/2 years ago!

Just reading Lexi's post about all the freebies, and thought , how many nappies in newborn size, will I actually use in those first 3 months, don't want too many of the one size!

My babies are normally on the average / smaller size, so get to 10lb by 3 months , so should be newborn nappies the first 3 mths I think.

Is is about 8 - 12 nappies a day you use ( 2hr to 3hr ly feed/changes)

Packs look like 24 -26 , (planning to use sains own nappies 24 packs after freebies gone) so that's 2 days per pack of nappies! arghhh

Actually I think I will be fine with all the free nappies then:lol: answered my own question...

Please correct me new and more recent mums, if I am wrong:wall2:

i used to change at every feed, so every 3 hours ish, which was like 6 nappies a day or something! i actually had to buy smaller nappies cos i was expecting a 10lb-er and she was only 8lb3 :lol: i cant really remember when she came out of the baby size, probs around 2-3 months tho!!

I've heard about 8-12 times at first which is slightly rediculous isn't it! And we have to
buy all those nappies. Not too sure about how many of one size to
buy so
I got buggies size one which I think are really tiny, then all the rest pampers size 2, so not too sure whether to get any more size ones as they aren't very big at all and say up to like 6lb or something. Not too sure! X

I use between 6 and 8. She has 6 feeds a day so 6 changes but her poos dont usually correspond with feeding lol. Ive found that the pampers size one are bigger than the huggies. I prefer then I think.

Paige was 6lb 12oz and the size 1s are huge on her. So I think she'll be in them for a while, so just get all the freebies you can!

If this baby is like the last two they used 12 nappies a day - 15 coz they weed allot or they would leak through I estimate 33 packs size 1 pampers for the first three months as a packet lasts 2 days for me hope this helps x x oh if you sign up for pampers and huggies clubs online they send you coupons for like £1 off pack of nappies like 5 of them and wipes ect one coupon to be used in one transaction straight to your door the coupons come - found it's a great saver x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i used to find ella would never poo unless her nappy was off, so i'd change a wee and she'd decide to poo, so i'd have to put a clean nappy under her, then when i thought she was done, i'd get another clean one and she'd poop all in that too!! god you forget how many you go thru!!

I am using about 15, sometimes less, sometimes more (i did 5 changes in an hour the other day - he was having a particularly pooey day and loves a fresh nappy to poo in!). Zach is still in size 1's and he must be over 8lb now, i found them quite big and leaked a lot out the leg at first because his legs were really small.

Omg! Just had a quick thought 33 packs of nappies even if they are on offer at £3 each that's £99!!! And
Most of the time there £4 each wen not on offer bloody ell! That's £132!!!! :wall: def gonna breastfeed all this nappys and clothes they need haha! X

Omg! Just had a quick thought 33 packs of nappies even if they are on offer at £3 each that's £99!!! And
Most of the time there £4 each wen not on offer bloody ell! That's £132!!!! :wall: def gonna breastfeed all this nappys and clothes they need haha! X

god your right! but i guess thats spread over 3 months, then its not too bad, and im on my way with collecting with 4 packs! tesco own here i come! and going to try and buy a majority of them before baby is born. my friend is giving me a pack of 40 so that will come in handy! so many nappies!

yep breastfeeding is definately the way im going to go as i cant bloody afford milk! lol! x

But if asda have a deal on their big boxes of nappies you get nearly 100 for about £10!! I got one box of size 1 and 1 of size 2 plus the freebies/ cheap ones oh and a box of size 1's my nan bought for me!!
My friend said Tesco should have a baby event soon as they usually follow shortly after with similar deals!!! So might be worth stocking up when they have these deals!! When i went in the asda home after their baby event had finished their nappies were still on offer!!!

Thanks girls, amazing how much you forget !! least I was in the right area then.

33 packs Evie - OMG! when you add them up like that, that sounds terrible!

Def Sains own nappies for me then, if they are any good, I have now 3 packs, 2x huggies, 1x sains, and a voucher still for a free pampers pack from tesco.

I hope there are some in the bounty packs too, will start collecting those soon

yup def breastfeeding, I looked the other day and the forumla is 8-9 quid each tin! and I remember using 2 tins a week when they got going.

66 days between 6th oct to 6th jan so that's 33 packs if one pack lasts 2 days :/
Big amount! Lol!!
Asda do a huge box of size 1's pampers like 100 for £10 now not on roll back or offer so I hope they stay that way lol x

ladies if u know someone with a costco or macro card, ask them to get nappies. u can get a box of 100 nappies for less than a tenner.

im making a mental note of all the above

I've got one but they start from size 3 at costco x

i always found makro to be more expensive for nappies! all the supermarkets have offers on them, but makro never really does! i'm not a fan of it for toiletries!

66 days between 6th oct to 6th jan so that's 33 packs if one pack lasts 2 days :/
Big amount! Lol!!
Asda do a huge box of size 1's pampers like 100 for £10 now not on roll back or offer so I hope they stay that way lol x

wow.....thats like..... 990 odd nappies! :O wow...

And yet i still want to use disposables, lol i see why people go for reusables, i just dont fancy washing poo off them :/ x

^^^^ I second that with two kids, husband and myself I have enough washing without adding another baby and nappies lol!! And it's sooooooo expensive! Lol I can't afford to buy bulk at the start pay and go for me lol! X

I do enough washes without having to wash 15 nappies a day! The electricity for using the washer and drier must cost as much as the disposable nappies - LOL! x

awe zazu i cant belive hes 4 weeks old already!! fast!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back