a few questions for you ladies...

elisesmum

Reaction score
what have you bought and what else are you buying?

In the colder months are you using sleeping bags or just blankets?

Swaddle blankets are they worth investing in?

Have you or know some one who has bought something that is really useful that you wouldnt normally buy for a baby?

Are you buying baby lotions are they really worth buying?

Are you stocking up on nappies and wipes?

Girls who are having a home birth are you still packing the usual hospital bags or just like over night bags?

What did second time mums not buy the first time round because you just didnt use it?

Sorry for all the questions im writing lists of what i still need lol xx

One last question (for now lol) what size clothes you buying xx

I have bought two sets (3 in each) of newborn baby grows and vests to take to hospital, the rest I have bought in 0-3 and 3-6z
I use blankets, I find layers easier for managing temperature.
I would still pack a hospital bag just in case, better safe than sorry.
I've got a Moses basket and a pram and nappy bag.
I am not buying a baby bath, I have bought new towels, not specifically baby ones, just normal nice fluffy ones.
I have bought nappies and wipes, I put a pack of each in with every big shop, don't want to be buying expensive items when I'm on mat pay :(
Haven't got the cot yet. Not buying much more than that.
I'm bf, that saves a fortune x

what have you bought and what else are you buying?
I've started buying sleep suits, muslin squares, socks, hats and a couple of toys

In the colder months are you using sleeping bags or just blankets?
I've bought a couple of sleeping bags as these seem easier. But will also buy some blankets just in case it gets really cold.

Swaddle blankets are they worth investing in?
I wasn't going to bother with these I think you can swaddle with a normal blanket can't you?

Have you or know some one who has bought something that is really useful that you wouldnt normally buy for a baby?
My friend bought a fairly cheap bouncy chair, it was light weight and really useful all over the house when she had jobs to do.

Are you buying baby lotions are they really worth buying?
I was gonna buy some sudacream and maybe some bedtime bath lotion for later on.

Are you stocking up on nappies and wipes?
I've already got a couple of boxes of wipes but I intend on using cotton wool and water for dirty bum. The wipes are mainly to clean up sick etc. I will buy a couple of boxes of nappies but intend to use reuseable ones. So the disposable ones are mainly for going out and just to help me at the beginning.

What size clothes?
I've bought a real mixture. The clothes out at the moment are more for summer so I've bought those in bigger sizes. Everything else is newborn, 0-3 and 3-6.

Last edited:
Oh yeah I also bought a jungle playmat/baby gym that was on sale in Argos and I got a bouncy chair from the asda baby event x

Cheers ladies, since my first was 4 years ago i have totally forgot what i even need lol xx

hi, we've got so far, pram, carseat, baby bath, baby monitor, cot, have got a few neutral clothes newborn and 0-3 mth and 2 moses baskets. will be using blankets and have started to crotch one. buy nappies and wipes every other month have got a few creams and that.

think the best thing ive seen used was a beanbag thing my sil used for her lo. Not buying clothes yet as we are waiting till the 27th when we find out what we are having.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back