What are you going to do to help labour happen?

ha yikes! I read somewhere between 10-20 drops in a bath so I was following that haha x

nothing will happen but it defo triggered some Braxton hicks, so worth a try x

ill be squirting in 10-20 in that case haha! xx

just read online about this cos its apprently really strong not to rub directly onto bump and to mix with a carrier oil.. lavander alot have listed. I think on flannel is fine like u did tho lau! xx

yeah I wont be putting much on the flannel next time, those red marks were dodgy!! they've gone now but I was a bit worried I was having a reaction to it! yeah would be way too strong to rub on directly onto your skin, even on the bottle it says use a carrier.

god I cant get the smell out my nose now tho haha! I smell so strong, thank god I didn't put my hair in the water!!!! x

This is what im worried about, i got sensitive skin! and i dnt fancy having it up my nostrils for hours lmaoo! xx

it wont go! defo hope I wake up not smelling like a granny!! think the smell is actually giving my sinuses even more of a kicking! ahhhhhhh yucky pregnancy, whod bother!!! x

haha u just wait, u too can smell this good!!! haha x

I'm now 41 weeks and have tried the following...
An unsuccessful sweep...cervix really far back but soft at 40 weeks.
RLT
Bouncing on my ball
Sexy time
Clary sage in the bath and rubbed on bump
Curry which gave me reflux
Small glass of red wine at 40+5...it gave me a huge headache and felt woozy after being sober for over 10 months. I was actually praying I wouldn't go into labour after that as I felt like crap. Serves me right!

I've had twinges for the past couple of days and have lost bits of plug but I'm still not hopeful :(
Seeing the mw again this morning for my 41wk appt so fingers crossed she'll be able to give me a decent sweep.

Good luck everyone! Xxx

Just been to see the mw for another unsuccessful sweep :(. She could barely reach my cervix and although she could put 2 fingers into the outer part, she couldn't even get one into the inner part :(

...also forgot to say earlier that I've been walking up the stairs sideways and walking with one foot on the kerb and the other on the road to try and open the pelvis.

I also find that I get the most cramps after being on all fours and arching my back up like a cat-do this a god 40 times. I've been doing it in order to get a posterior baby to turn but have noticed increased tightenings after.

Awww hun!! :(

Have they mentioned about inducing you or r they making u wait till 42wks? Xxx

I had secy time lastnight and it did SOD all lolol.. Atleast last time it gave me 3553 BHs and we got excited. I had one.. That was it lolol..
Maaaasive achey back through the night tho and i cant lay on my back anymore. I still think hes back to back! Im feeling pokes on top of belly still, hes been like this for aaaages now! I need him to turn!
If hes guna be a the size they think he is idnt think gas an air and a water birth being back to back will do it haha xx

Oh hun! Defo get on all fours, go to your local pool and float around on your tummy to get baby turned around.
I had a back to back labour with DD so I've been doing loads to get this one turned around. The mw this morning said he's in the perfect anterior position so I'm pretty chuffed about that. Check out a website called 'spinning babies' - there are lots of exercises on there to help with turning a posterior baby!
Have fun! :D

P.s.
They're going to let me go until 42 weeks unless the ultrasound and ctg on Friday show any cause for concern. I'd rather not wait until 42 weeks but I really want to give birth at the birth centre and they'll take me up until week 42.
We'll see how fed up I get though...I might be begging to be induced by Friday! :D

Haha these all made me laugh ladies.. The things we have to go through!
Where does one buy one of those big balls to bounce on?!???? That's about the only thing I haven't started yet xxx

I am loving this thread! Will be stalking to see if the Clary Sage Oil has worked for any of you ladies. Will def be buying RLT, RLC and Clary Sage Oil in the future. Hope it works girlies! X

asda, argos? fitness isle in most shops hun xx

i did all of the above things with DD1 and a sweep and a massive chinese set me off at 40+3 so dunno if any of the other stuff helped but will do it all again this time just incase. i found bouncing on my ball much more fun if it was to a musical film like saturday night fever or somthing lol

I tried everything too. Nothing worked. :-( but didn't try the Chinese one. Will try that this time-any excuse!! ;-)

nooooooooooo dont do it, my hind waters went at 4.30am and i spent all morning up with contractions and heartburn then at 9am i was sick as my tummy was still full of chinese. if your gonna have one make it a small one lol i really pigged cos i honestly didnt think the sweep would do anything

i still have epo and the oils from last time, almond oil is a good carrier oil for massage.

if it makes you feel better babyslog i delivered a 10lb 14oz baby girl with a back to back labour totally naturally with just gas and a diamorphine shot at the end. did have to have an episiotomy but i found the gas was enough really and i wouldnt bother with the diamorphine this time. no complications, no assistance or panic, no getting stuck and it was nowhere near unbearable. only started the gas at 9cm dialated as i was just pacing the early labour ward til then and noone was examining me as my hindwaters went first

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back