Things you hope dont happen

Layla

Reaction score
prob not a nice thread but im sure alot of us have thought about this at some point.

what things do you not want to happen while you are in labour, what scares you etc?

i really dont want to end up having an epsiotomy, the thought of it scares me to death.

also, i dont want to push out anything other than the baby.... :oops: lol

come on then, own up, whats your fears?

After the birth I had nothing scares me any more lol!

Apart from having another one that is!

I don't want to have shoulder dystocia, or heamorraging, or sore,cracked and bleeding nipples!!

Oh and i don't want to poo!!! but i'm sure they see that everyday.

:D :D

Without meaning to scare anyone....

I would MUCH rather have had an episiotomy than tear like I did... after having the baby you want to stay and cuddle it.. not be whisked off into theatre for an hour!

:(

Im terrified I end up getting stiches and pooing seems trivial worrying about that but it must be a women thing lol!

My fears...

Episiotomy...

Losing it completely and not being able to cope with the pain.

Not being able to have sex without pain forever after.

And, oddly, relationship changes with OH after the baby is born. I have been grumpy and out of sorts and in and out of hospital for the last month and I'm just a bag of bad temper, pregnancy symptoms and boredom. I resent it when he wants to go out and I can't or when he goes out for a quiet pint with his brother and I am in hospital with no visitors. :cry:

Plus -we have a lot of pressure on right now and an 11th Jan deadline with a 9th Jan induction date. My OH has to work, as he is self employed, and he is already talking about if the gels don't work, going home to work while I am waiting to go into labour. I don't like the idea but I know he has no choice. And he IS only a forty minute journey away, but that is long enough for anything to happen. I want him right here beside me...not working. I know we didn't plan for the early birth and all, and tried to have baby a decent amount of time after Christmas but it hasn't worked that way and I am less than happy about it.

Also worried that I am being unreasonable and selfish and that we will end up having a huge bust up before the child is born and that we'll be all over the place.

Sue

tearing

pooing/farting or anything else undignified :D

anything being wrong with the baby - not breathing etc

gas and air not helping with the pain

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members