What are you going to do to help labour happen?

lauralou

Reaction score
Just interested to hear what you are all trying/ going to be trying?

Today I began with half a pineapple haha...... Thursday il be 37 weeks so I'm more than ready now!

Any funny ones you're going to try? Xxx

At the moment in having a cup of raspberry leaf tea a day and bouncing on my ball but as soon as i hit 37 weeks Il be trying everything!! RLT, bouncing, walking, pineapple, curry, anything else i can add to this lol xx

So far ive tried:

RLT 2 cups a day
RLC 3 caps a day but from yesterday 6 caps a day
Pinapple & core juiced
sex... :roll:

and so far 10mins on my ball and got bored haha! xx

Last edited:
Sex & bouncing are the two I'm hoping will speed things up haha! I've told my partner we need to "do it" either every two days until the baby's here but so far we've done it everyday (even though I'm not in the mood lol!) I killed the mood a little last time after lying there when we finished and said "come on soften it up!" - he looked at me like I was mad haha!
I want my baby now, pregnancy is too long winded!x

Hi Ladies!
I have never heard that pineapple speeds things up?! How does that work? Good to know when the time comes.................:lol:

Its the core thats the best bit it contains proteolytic enzymes. Spose to bring on labour. But u need to eat like 8 pinapples in one go for it to kinds really work.. so they say! lolol.

I could only manage 2 and then i got real bad acid reflux and a lovely loo trip lmao x

Pineapple fresh pineapple that is not tinned contains bromelain which is meant to help soften the cervix xx

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I LOVE pineapples but I am not sure I could manage 8 in one go. Think the sex bit is abit more fun than trying to get 8 pineapples in an already huge bump!!!! Thanks ladies! :)

I'm on my ball all the time anyway but my bouncing has definitely become more aggessive haha.

Also got some clary sage oil that midwife reccommended bathing in to help start things off.

Other than that I'm gonna have a nice hot curry Friday night and see of that does anything x

I wish i wasnt such a fanny when it comes to curries lmao! my fav is korma, but ill stretch to a tikka if i HAVE to lmao.

thats all i can manage!!! :shock: xx

Haha, I always have a tikka masala but the place up by me you can ask stuff to be spicier so ill just be having a hot tikka masala so it'll taste roughly the same lol x

Im rubbish with hot currys but got a night out with work planned to a Indians next week so might be daring haha x

I got Clary Sage from Holland & Barrett. Midwife said she swears by it when doing home labours that are starting to stall so it must be worth a try! It doesn't smell very pleasant but you can mix it with lavender oil if you have any and it makes it better x

Ohhh might try this clary sage oil. Not heard of it before!

Damnit i was in H&B Sat and it was one 1 get 2nd half price and i didnt bother getting anything else just RLCs.. wish i new about this! xx

So is that stuff best to be used nearer 39-40 weeks or are we ok to use it now? Suppose if we are classed as term by 37 weeks then it's all ok to be used now then? Well, Thursday for us!

Just found this..... A percentage of babies born at certain weeks, it's an old study but quite interesting!

37 weeks - 5.69%
38 weeks - 14.36%
39 weeks - 21.56%
40 weeks - 32.44%
41 weeks - 14.65%
42 weeks - 3.40%
43+ weeks - 0.13%

Oh i just found a forum on google with women moaning that they went overdue and clary sage oil did sod all for them...
Its only a few quid on amazon but like almost a tenner in H&B...

Maybe i should give up and just let me arrive when he wants.. I think thats whats guna happen anyway! how every much i try.. :( boooo! x

Yeah once you are "term" then you can use it so I'm just waiting til Thursday. I've read loads of really positive things about it and it frightened my OH a bit (we bought it at 35 weeks) so its been hidden away as apparently just inhaling it for some people can bring on contractions haha.

Once Thursday comes this little boy isn't gonna know what's hit him lol. Don't get too comfy Harrison!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back