Two week wait - anyone else with me?

Emmajaine

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

So am officially in my first 2 week wait of ttc #2, am fully expecting to have every single symptom under the sun and for them to mean nothing! But it's always fun to symptom spot! Anyone out there wanna join me in driving themselves crazy?? 😂😂

Em x

Count me in emmajaine I'm about to enter tww...tomorrow probably as good my solid smiley so think ovulation is imminent. I am a total SS obsessive! So you're in good company! :lol: :clock: :wall: :lol:

Good stuff, how are you feeling about this month?

I've managed to bd on cd 11 and 13 with ov being on cd 13 (based on the amount of cm!) so putting myself at 2do currently. Am going to try and get another couple of bd's in just to make sure I'm covered!

X

Hiya, not noticing anything yet but I think I am ovulating later than originally thought. I had twinge and EWCM Tuesday so I thought I had ovulated but had my LH surge today....been flashing smileys and negative opk's all week.

I'm just reading up on leutal phase....As I had my LH surge today, later than expected! I almost gave up thinking the tests were a waste of time! Dtd fri 10th, 12th, 14th and probably will tonight as LH surge came today. I thought I ovulated cd14 but as it stands, if my LH surge is today then I ovulate tomorrow so am now wondering with me having 24/25 day cycle whether my leutal phase will be too short as af due 24th so I'm cutting it fine! I've read it needs to be 10 days plus for possible conception to take place.

Are you noticing anything 2dpo? I guess symptoms are likely to be more noticeable around 6dpo but I won't be able to help myself noticing every last twinge etc! :lol:

Keep me updated with all your SS! :lol: I am off work now till Tuesday so have plenty of time to SS....arghhh! :wall:

Last edited:
As I understand it your luteal phase stays the same each month, it's just the lead up to ov that changes (or can change) in length, so AF probably won't come at ur expected date, but 14 days from now (or whenever you do ov) I remember going crazy last time we were ttc as I had one cycle that was 31 days, where my normal cycle was 24 - 26 days, but it was just that I ov'd later than normal.

How long have you been trying? Do you have any other little ones?

Nothing to report as yet, but still super early. I did have some more ewcm this morning, but nothing since, so not sure what that means...think I shall have to jump oh tomorrow night (as I'm out for a personal training session tonight so will be in no mood to dtd when I get home!) just to ensure we have covered this week.

Ooh, you doing anything nice in your time off? I'm off too at the moment (part time teacher so finished work Wednesday until the 27th Feb) so will be trying hard not to obsess too much..... 🙄

Em x

I have managed to avoid symptom spotting for all of 6 days. *eyeroll*

But today I've noticed I've been really thirsty & had lots of wetness down there, which is unusual for me at this point. Also boobs aren't sore at all, whereas they usually are. Kind of, an anti-symptom :lol:

We're TTC number 2, too. :) xxx

Evening em, have legs propped up as we speak!! Feel reassured regarding leutal phase. Definately had strong opk today and more clear cm, hence dtd again! Been to centre parcs but back for couple of days now just chilling! Been for a run and be doing too much reading on leutal phases :lol: i have 2 kids, 11 and 9. Im 41 so times ticking :clock: been trying for 5 months now. how about you.how old is your little one? You been doing anything nice on your time off? Do you work ewith primary school kids? :dust:

Starchild....well done holding off for 6 days! I get thirsty around ovulation and the during af but heard thirst can be sign of early pregnancy as temperature is higher. More cm could also be a sign....fingers crossed x :dust:

Baby dust all around for luck :dust: :dust: :dust:

Last edited:
Yeah I thought I'd read somewhere about the thirst but don't want to get my hopes up. Just trying not to obsess but I'm watching One Born Every Minute repeats soooo, it's on the brain lol xx

currently in the 2ww

10days till i test eeeeek! x

Hilarious! I love that programme! How long till you test starchild?

Lennie....10 days...hopefully that time will go quickly! It can be a bit frustrating the tww! Good luck Hun x

And what about you em? When are you testing?

I reckon for me it will be 14 days as think I will ovulate tomorrow as had the LH surge today! :lol:

Hilarious! I love that programme! How long till you test starchild?

Lennie....10 days...hopefully that time will go quickly! It can be a bit frustrating the tww! Good luck Hun x

And what about you em? When are you testing?

I reckon for me it will be 14 days as think I will ovulate tomorrow as had the LH surge today! :lol:

thanks melly!

this will be officially 2months trying but first time ive noticed ewcm i hope my dates are right an i acutally did ov all these what ifs in my bloody head!! ill drive myself insane good luck to you hunni! xx

I was planning NOT to test until AF late. But I have one left over from last month just laying in my bedside table... so could cave. I may test to find out if I can have a celebratory drink for my birthday! Lol

I've just started with weird AF type cramps. Hmm could be wind! *rolleye*

xxx

Ha ha starchild! I've made that mistake before :lol: you could be very smug if you did wait! I don't think I could resist! I have several cheapie tests ready and waiting along with clearblue!!

Fingers crossed Lennie...the wait I think is the hard part.....other than dtd for the fifth time in a row! X

I'm in too. 8 or 9 days before I test depending on my will power (that probably means 6 or 7 days). I'm having ridiculous thoughts at the moment like would coughing stop or disrupt implantation. I have a bit of a wracking cough at the moment. I hope not!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Melly - it's my first month trying, so in all honesty not expecting to fall quickly, it took 9 months last time (and with short cycles that was 12 periods - felt like forever!) Lexi is 22 months now, and is fully in the terrible twos! Yeah I do work in a primary school, currently teach a year 1-2 class (so 5-7 year old), it's fab, but completely exhausting and draining.

Starchild - well.done for not Ss, I find it soo hard not to obsess over every little thing (like I'm currently super bloated... Which I know means nothing, but in my head it could be....)! Fingers crossed that it's all good signs for you :dust:

I'm gonna try and wait til (if) AF is late before I test so will be the 1St of March for me (seems soo far away!)

Good luck lennie! How are you feeling? Any symptoms to share?

Xx

I am also in the 2ww. I have 5 days until I can test; however, I did cheat today and tested a few days early. Trying to hold out and not test again until Tuesday. I have been spotting the past 4-5 days: pink spots, here and there...

Good luck to everyone!! :)

Lemur pink spots could be an implantation bleed. I has one with my little girl, spotting for a couple of day about 6 days before my period was due...

How are you feeling generally? Any exciting symptoms?

Em x

Good luck lemur....has the spotting settled at all.....likely to be an IB fingers crossed x

I have ovulated today.....yay! Had the cramps yesterday, EWCM, which was very slippery last night (sorry tmi) so we dtd again! DH on way to Manchester for the weekend so hopefully just caught it in time! Got my LH surge yesterday. Might poas later just to check surge has gone, although cannot do anything about it now as he'll be half the way to Manchester by now! My Temperature rose from 36.1 to 36.4 this morning. So I am officially in the tww! Although due to my leutal phase being shorter at 10 days, I guess I am on the 10 day wait! I am just glad I don't need to poas till next month now! :lol:

Wow! 30 5-7 yer olds! They would run rings around me! I'm not surprised you are tired! My sisters a primary school teacher and she is always tired too! 22 months is a lovely age, really cute but remember the terrible two's well! We are almost getting the terrible teenage years, with an 11 and 9 year old! I am not longer cool....I'm just embarrassing apparently! Hee hee!

So now I am starting my tww today I will be checking SS regularly! It doesn't help me not working Monday or Fridays as I have too much time to notice SS and read up on them! Need to get myself a hobby! :lol: also DH away this weekend, so more time in the evenings to SS when kids are tucked up in bed!

Anyone else got any symptoms to report....I find this part quite exciting! :lol: even though most of my symptoms are imagined....Im sure! :lol:

Twinkle toes....coughing shouldn't distrust implantation....does anything help to reduce the urge to cough?

So then I have just been filling in an online chart of my last cycle and I seemed to have miscalculated my leutal phase! I think I ovulated on 22/1/17 which was cd14 as my temperature had risen on cd15 by 0.3 and then by another 0.3 on cd16. I think you record ovulation day as the day before the temperature rise. Is that right??

If this is the case then with the first day of my period being 2/2/17 I calculate my leutal phase to be 12 days?

I feel I have really confused myself with dates this time around!! Arghhh! :lol:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back