TTC Weight loss thread :)

Hi All. I lost 5 stone from February 2015 to December 2015. And on 5th February 2016 i got my long awaited BFP. For me weight loss was key to have a successful conception and its been the best thing i ever did for myself. I have always been a big happy girl and my weight never bothered me. I was always very confident. However when i started spotting all month and my periods were all over the place i knew i had to do something about it. I did it all myself. My meals consisted of low sugar cereal in the morning and whole meal toast. For lunch i had grilled chicken salad and fruits. Then when i got home from work i got on the treadmill for 1hr. I would do 15minutes then have a break of 5mins and so on. I found this manageable. For finner i would have good portions of stir fry veggies, grilled chicken or fish, or just baked beans on toast..whatever i fancied. But i stopped eating white bread, potatoes, rice and pasta. Instead i got my carbs from whole grains and fruits. I never starved myself and always felt full and satisfied. I didnt have scales at home and still dont. Instead if would make an appointment with my gp everything 6 weeks and get weighed there. And i would have lost a stone or a bit less every 6 weeks. Before i knew it i was 5 stone down. My . periods regulated and i started ovulating. Its not difficult. I could do it anyone can. I am now hoping for a healthy baby. Its my first pregnancy. I just wish i did it earlier. I think the key thing is to have realistic targets and not to be on a very very strict diet. I made sure my calories didnt go over 1600 per day. So if i ate a burger for lunch i knew i will have some soup with fruit for afters for dinnet to make sure i didnt exceed my calories. Good luck everyone

Craving chocolate again now (this is my mega weakness) but I am determined to stay strong.

Also planning on going running with my OH tonight, we went on Sunday and I am still a nightmare, but at least I am doing something!

I'm waiting for af now so I can book my fertility scan date, then I'll be in a whole different 2ww, determined to be a least a little bit lighter when I go!!

I started slimming world 2 weeks ago. So far I've lost 8.5lb and my BMI has dropped from 32.5 to 31.3.
I'm so chuffed. Can't wait to get under that next stone mark and get my BMI to under 30. How is everyone else doing? X

Well done girls :) I've lost nearly 1/4 stone this month which I am pleased about and I have my health check at the gym tonight, I am hoping my BMI will be 25 or slightly under now (was 25.7 last time). Hope everyone is ok :)

On slimming world there are loads of low syn options which are great, there are some great websites online other than slimming world registered site which give low syn value foods which has helped me as I'm not currently going to group. It's brilliant for us as we shop at ALDI and there is a whole list of free and low syn food online.

Update for me, had scans on Tuesday and I have PCOS :'(

Doctor said I need to lose weight

BUT...

I weighed myself again this morning and I am now 12 stone 3, which is 3 pounds lighter than when I had my initial fertility appointment. So happy about this! Makes me feel more motivated to exercise and eat well!

We can do it ladies!!

Oooh this is the perfect thread for me. I have a BMI so high I didnt think number went that high. I have made changes, no junk food, more fruit & veggies an more dog walking but some encouragement form you girls would be amazing too

Hi Girls
a few of us have been talking and want to lose weight so just thought I'd resurrect this thread for everyone wanting motivation to lose weight

I'm currently recovering from a miscarriage and for the past few weels/months I've been comfort eating so I've put another stone on

So I'm now almost 14 stone

When I started ttc I was 10 stone

Weight is a big problem for me , I feel depressed fat and ugly

I hope to lose at least 2 stone in the next few months

Not sure how??!! Anyone got any good ideas

xxxxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Ah so glad to see this thread again!

I started out at 11 stone 4lbs at my heaviest at the start of December. At the start of April I was at my target at 9 stone 6lbs but I am now 9 stone 12lbs. I would like to lose the 6lbs I gained but my weight does tend to be unpredictable due to medications etc. Sometimes it can fall off but mostly it is really stubborn.

I lost my weight quite rapidly as I was very ill in December/January and lost a stone in that time. Since then I have tried to make healthy food choices and exercise to help lose weight healthily and in a sustainable way but I find I do get real increases in appetite at times - at these times I still eat healthily but do tend to gain weight. I follow slimming world plan (I do it alone as I get disheartened seeing my weight yoyo, stick or go up at group and everyone asking me where I think I went off plan when I haven't!) it has generally helped me, my hair and skin look better and most midwives are happy for you to follow the plan in pregnancy as long as you tweak the rules a bit and eat more cheese etc.

what I think really helps is exercising. It's so much easier to ask 'do I really want to eat that treat' when you know you would have to walk for 90 minutes to work it off.

I've put on weight since this like a whole stone :( my bmi is really high now.
I can't get past the cravings, and I do like to have wine on Fridays which is very fattening aha. Xx

Hey Broody and PB glad to see you both here :)

Broody you've done so well and 6 lb should come off really quickly

PB ive put on a lot recently due to having a m/c and comfort eating
For the first week or so I think I actually lost weight as I couldn't eat, but after I knew I'd lost my baby I just ate to feel better and all the wrong things

WELL I've just had leftover Kfc that hubby brought home last night...how gross!!

I'm going to do a Tesco online order and try to think of some healthy meal plans

I did Lighterlife in 2009 and lost 4 stone in less than 4 months but I don't think it's healthy especially when ttc
But would love to lose it quickly so it's bloody tempting

PB I think exercise is the key, it's just finding something you enjoy and having the time and motivation to do it

I may see if my daughter will go jogging with me lol

xxxxxxxx

Hun don't feel bad for comfort eating, you had alot of stress and upset. After my second i just lay in bed and ate chocolate, crisps and haribo with fizzy pop or wine lol then would have a takeaway. Such an awful time so I think eating what you want shouldn't matter xx

The doctor told me swimming was the best exercise for getting rid if fat, because your using your whole body. Also I was trying a new thing of when having a meal using a small plate (like use for a sandwich) instead of a dinner plate. There's a good app called fitness pal, tells you how many calories your supposed to be having to lose a certain amount of weight, i think it's great (when I use it aha) xx

Last edited:
Im absolutely certain that im the fattest TTCer on here so need it more than most but I am really struggling. After giving up all my beloved junk and going to aqua fit twice a week I am not losing a thing. I am having breakfast- granola which I never used to do and not starving myself just eating better so this is really getting me down

Started going to the pool because I cant swim I was using pool noodles and I have done damage to my neck and my physio told me not to swim again just stick to the aqua fit. Only I could do something to improve my health and bugger my neck, he said it would put my spine back to where I started with it and my arthritis in my knees and hips would also be aggravated by it. Apparently docs tell people to do it so they do then all end up at physio when it goes wrong

So determined and sticking to this, I predominantly just drink water instead of pepsi max and doing what I can but I am just not making progress. Feeling quite disheartened

Hey Girls

PeanutButter I have been doing exactly the same thing, for the past 6 weeks I've been laying in bed, eating rubbish all day and night , in between sleeping and watching back to back boxsets and trying to forget how sad I feel
I know I can't continue this way so it's time to get my act together

The plate idea is good! Smaller portions are key, but my main problem us that I'm a snacker/comfort eater so I'm going to have to break the habit

Sparklegirl hey sweetie , glad that you've joined us
I really struggle to lose weight it seems to take ages to come off,
I did Lighterlife 7 years ago and lost 4 done, I was so motivated but I'm not sure I coukd do it this time round especially with the stress and deppression I'm fighting

I know that exercise is important but I hate exercise, I don't mind swimming so that's something that I may consider doing

Is Aqua fit like exercise in the water? I will have to look into it

I try to drink more water but love fizzy pop, Coke is my downfall, I don't like diet drinks although the new Green coke isn't bad, it's Lower sugar I think
I will try to stick to water and Tea if I can, bought some Raspberry leaf and Chai tea today for a change and the RL is also benificial for TTC as it tines the uterus as well as helping weightloss

So 1 day to go till I start my new diet/exercise routine
I will weigh myself on Monday morning and keep track every week of weight loss/gain

If anyone else wants to do a Monday weigh in that would be great! You don't have to say how much you weigh just how much you've lost/gained?

xxxxxxx

xxxxx

Yeah it's quite full on exercise routine in water with weighted floats too. I can't swim but I love it. Twice a week*I waddle in and give it my all. I weigh myself every Monday morning so I'm.in with yo but I've got a lot to lose xxx

Hey Girls

PeanutButter I have been doing exactly the same thing, for the past 6 weeks I've been laying in bed, eating rubbish all day and night , in between sleeping and watching back to back boxsets and trying to forget how sad I feel
I know I can't continue this way so it's time to get my act together

The plate idea is good! Smaller portions are key, but my main problem us that I'm a snacker/comfort eater so I'm going to have to break the habit

Sparklegirl hey sweetie , glad that you've joined us
I really struggle to lose weight it seems to take ages to come off,
I did Lighterlife 7 years ago and lost 4 done, I was so motivated but I'm not sure I coukd do it this time round especially with the stress and deppression I'm fighting

I know that exercise is important but I hate exercise, I don't mind swimming so that's something that I may consider doing

Is Aqua fit like exercise in the water? I will have to look into it

I try to drink more water but love fizzy pop, Coke is my downfall, I don't like diet drinks although the new Green coke isn't bad, it's Lower sugar I think
I will try to stick to water and Tea if I can, bought some Raspberry leaf and Chai tea today for a change and the RL is also benificial for TTC as it tines the uterus as well as helping weightloss

So 1 day to go till I start my new diet/exercise routine
I will weigh myself on Monday morning and keep track every week of weight loss/gain

If anyone else wants to do a Monday weigh in that would be great! You don't have to say how much you weigh just how much you've lost/gained?

xxxxxxx

xxxxx

Gail, usually same diets don't work twice. So you need find something you haven't already tried.
Iv always been size 10/12. I put a bit on after winter as always. But I've never been comfort eater. I don't have appetite when I'm not in a mood. Yesterday we bought 2 pizzas and I had only 2 spices barely. Smaller portions have amazing result.!
Try it and hope it works for you x

Hi ladies!

I definitely need this. Diet starts tomorrow definitely!

Do you all want to do a weigh in each week? Like a Friday morning or something? We could put our names on the first page like a testing thread but of our weight loss? If easier we could start another thread from scratch :) I badly need a kick up the bum. Going on holiday in 6 weeks and I'm a stone over weight! Xx

Hi all, I've been hopeless the last few months, now by far the heaviest I've ever been. In the tww right now and don't feel motivated to start but once af comes I really have to focus. Consultant confirmed yesterday my huge fibroid has grown even bigger so I'm having it operated on mid June, really want to lose weight before then. Also means I can't now ttc til end August by which time I'll be 44 1/2 so really last chance saloon. I know how much being the right weight can help so I really need to get on with it.

Clover, I really hope this doesn't come across badly put please don't do lighter life. It's SO bad for you. My sister does it periodically and it has a terrible effect on her, the weight always comes back on plus whilst doing it she let starts to lose her hair. Every time. How nutrient deficient must it be to do that? I'm absolutely not an expert but I belong to a wonderful local boot camp who promote clean eating and it really is the best way, although clearly I'm not practising that right now!

It's all about eating fresh whole foods, organic where possible. Full fat, not low fat or low sugar, avoid all sweetners and, if possible, sugar and gluten. There are some great clean eating cook books around. Plus exercise of course, even just walking every day can make a huge difference. Good nutrition is so important when ttc.

There was a debate on a local fb page recently about the juice plus meal replacements. Several local nutritionists commented basically saying it's terrible, the list of ingredients is dreadful and they strongly recommended against it. Lots of people swear by the juice plus supplements which are supposed to be much better than the meal replacements, they didn't do anything for me when I tried them unfortunately.

I'm working in the New York office next week, being out there isn't going to help my healthy eating plan!

I'm trying to lose weight as my OH and I will be TTC as of the 27th of this month but my will power is terrible and all these stories I keep hearing about bigger women and the links to cot death its really scared me. I don't mean to be nosey or make any1 feel scared or embarressed but is there any one over the 16st kinda area here? Could do with some advice xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back