***** September 2016 Mummies Tri 2 *****

Me too on the headaches! I have an hours bus journey each way and if I'm not suffering nausea it's a banging head. If I have a headache at work 1 paracetamol seems to take the edge off it!

I think k my Oh forgets I'm pregnant most times as there's not much faster about it other than from me. He says he was like this first time too but I don't remember. He tells me it hit hone after first scan.. I've already had 2 scans but I was on my own.. Today us our "first scan" so hoping all is okay & he can finally get excited! By this time last pregnancy Wed also told our parents & siblings but have had to hold off this time.

So happy for all you girls that got low risk results!! yay!

Yes..good luck at today's scan x

I don't have my scan until the 11 of April for the test, so I am waiting patiently I will be 17+ weeks then and kind of worrying in case they tell me the sex or I see something on screen I shouldn't, or my sister see's something and knows before I do rawr lol, as I can't find out the sex until the 21 week scan when OH will be there, I know I am being silly and they won't say if I say not too aha

I am still feeling so so tired I was hoping this would pass in Tri 2! I am just getting over my cold and the sinus headaches has eased!!

Last edited:
Yeah tired and headaches here too, maybe it's baby having another growth spurt?

Scan went well. Due date Sept 30th!

Little one was too stubborn and lying upside down so couldn't get the down syndrome measurement.. Will be tested at 14+1 via bloods x

Last edited:
Glad scan went well!

Ditto on the headaches and tiredness. Not sick anymore but the headaches are a real pain. Currently waiting to go in to see my consultant. Wondering what they're going to say xxx

Gosh, lots of us struggling with headaches?!
How did it go with the consultant Naomi?
I've got my 16 week midwife app tomorrow but other than that not much going on xx

Feeling a bit stressed this eve. Waited ages for consultant and then when he went through my labour notes from last time around he said 'oh, I see you developed preeclampsia during labour last time' which I did NOT know. He then went on about how that makes me more likely to get it this time and that it could happen earlier and cause various complications and so now I've spent the rest of the day imagining all sorts of awful scenarios and googling which I really shouldn't do.
I had a work colleague who had preeclampsia diagnosed at 16 weeks and she was in hospital from 22 weeks then gave birth at 26 weeks. Her baby was in the hospital for ages and I keep thinking how in that situation I wouldn't see millie barely at all and thinking about that has got me really upset.

I know it's ridiculous to get upset/stressed about something that may or may not happen and worrying won't help things. But can't seem to stop my brain going tonight. Doesn't help that simon is working til 11 so I've been alone with my obsessive thoughts since millie went to bed.

Sorry for venting. Hope everyone else is OK xxx

Welcome 5plus1onway!! Congrats xx

Congrats on your scan Yess. Naughty bubba being in the wrong position :p. Xx

Oh Naomi what a horrid stressful day. Can't believe you developed pre-eclampsia and they didn't tell you??!!! Wtf??? Google will always come up with the worse case scenarios. Try not to panic (easy for me to say) and good that u are getting consultant care. Did he give you any advice on reducing risk of getting it earlier? I don't know much about it. Xxxx

Last edited:
Oh Naomi poor you. I hope you've had a good nights sleep and seeing things from a different perspective this morning. As Aragon said, google will always give you worst case scenario and hundreds of women get preeclampsia without major complications. I know it's easier said than done but please try not to worry unless there is something definite to worry about and at the moment you don't have it to worry about. Relax and enjoy your pregnancy and Millie xx
I have joint hyoermobility syndrome and at high risk of premature labour but it's only a risk and not something I'm going to let take over my thoughts and ruin my pregnancy with worrying over.

Naomi you poor thing! I had pre-pre-eclampsia in 2 of my 3 pregnancies, first time i was induced at 39 weeks and 2nd pregnancy it was during labour and my BP was very high for 6 weeks after, in my 3rd pregnancy i was fine so you don't always get it! Plus it usually creeps in at the end when your body has had enough its much more rare to have it early on.

Try not to worry, big hugs xxxx

I've got an appointment at the hospital with the midwife at the VBAC clinic I have no idea what to except and have no idea if I want a natural birth. Has anyone else had a c section before? What are you going for this time? Can't believe I'm worrying about this already!!

Horrendous migraine last night. Went to bed at 6.30pm still had headache at 3am so I've had to call in sick today.

But, we've also just had offer accepted on a house!

I'm feeling quite a bit better, nausea is slowly easing off, and headaches have started to kick in but i think there connected to my nasal congestion!

Had midwife on Monday got to listen to my little baked bean, 140 bpm sounded like a train steaming through!! Got a nice little bump forming now aswell, although can also feel the extra weight on my thighs and bum already - whoopsie!

Hope you guys are all having a lovely day xxx

Sorry to hear about headaches ladies :-( I had one on Sunday and it stayed all day.

Had my scan today, got moved forward a day so due on the 26th Sept. The sonographer had to try so many times to get images and measurements, wouldn't stay still. Lovely and entertaining for us though! Xx

My appointment was fine just talking through my options. Think I'm leaning more towards an elective c section than a vbac! Don't have to decide until I see the consultant at 36 weeks so plenty of time. Got my 16 week midwife appointment tomorrow can't wait to hear the heartbeat.

Had my 16 weeks app today. She said headaches are very common the first few weeks of tri 2 due to hormones at that stage but they should ease off after a few weeks ..... good news for us that are suffering!
She listened to baby's heartbeat and found it straight away after I showed her where he likes to hang out lol he kicked her away! Got my whooping cough talk and all the info about ante natal classes to book on to.
Been referred to physio for my back, hip and pelvic pain, she thinks I'm needing a support belt already as I already have weak, floppy joints due to my hypermobility syndrome.
BP and urine all fine, next app for midwife to be booked for 22 weeks xx

Sorry to hear about headaches ladies :-( I had one on Sunday and it stayed all day.

Had my scan today, got moved forward a day so due on the 26th Sept. The sonographer had to try so many times to get images and measurements, wouldn't stay still. Lovely and entertaining for us though! Xx

Haha, mines was a rascal when I had mine too! Changed your date xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back