***** September 2016 Mummies Tri 2 *****

Lander you're so much more sensible than me going to bed early. No matter how tired I am I still keep staying up too late!! Xxx

I have the advantage of not looking after any other little ones. DsS is nine, only with us three nights a week and goes to bed at 7.30-8pm without a fuss.

I've honestly stayed up just to help tuck him in several times recently, I go to bed less than 30mins later and sleep within an hour.

I had my scan yesterday and have been put forward to 13+4 so due 18th September now!

I'm really baffled as I know when I ovulated and also felt implantation (I'm so sure!) so I was certain of my dates!

Anyway, baby was really naughty and kept its back to us almost the entire time. We were in there for over 40 minutes while the lady was trying to get measurements. Oh and I were really enjoying it but the lady seemed annoyed. Ah well. I've been googling skull theory and nub theory all night and I swing from convinced it's a girl to convinced it's a boy.
My sister apparently has 100% success rate when guessing gender on a scan and says it's a girl! We'll see anyway. I'm trying to convince oh to agree to a gender scan in a few weeks. Xxx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 8
Hey landers loving the bump pic Karen! and lovely scan photo kittyrooroo!!!

Had day off work yesterday spent day in bed, felt exhausted, congested and bad headache, also have about 4-5 mouth ulcers! Feeling a bit better today and back at the office, ive got midwife appnt on Monday so im going to mention all this to her then, see if i'm deficient in any vitamins xxxx

Aww Gem I know how you feel, I've just got rid of a five day headache. GP said due to congestion but can only do steam inhalations cos can't take any meds for it :-(

Great pic Kitty!

My try steam inhalation tonight once the boys are in bed xxx

How's everyone doing? Hope people are feeling better!!

I've suddenly got a bit on energy back, woohoo! Still not up for a marathon or anything but feeling slightly more alive which is nice.

Got a mortgage app later so hoping we can make some savings as a little worried about how we'll cope on maternity leave....
Xxx

Hi Girls! :yay:

scn...cute bump I am waiting for the top of belly button pudge and below to join atm looks like I have 2 bellies better than the 40 bellies I had before though aha, and love the scan picture Kitty....good luck with the mortgage meeting Naomi

I guess it's time I moved over here to Tri 2! Even though it felt like the last 14 weeks dragged looking back on it now I can't believe I am in Tri2 woohoo let the good times begin, waiting for this pregnancy glow, clear skin and energy rush, a girl can dream right! ;)

It feels slow doesn't it but then all of a sudden tri 2 is upon us ... I can't believe I'm 16 weeks on Sunday!
First day back at work for me after feeling poorly the past week, I'm shattered now :-(
Hope you got a good deal Naomi.

Think I'm starting to feel baby a wee bit ..... feels like someone is poking me from the inside randomly, does this sound like it could be baby?

Saw the Registrar from my Consultant's team today, lovely lady.

Full details in my diary but basically I'm now on baby aspirin for rest of pregnancy as I have four risk factors for pre-eclampsia, shared care with midwife (so access to the Birth Centre has not been denied!!! Yay!) and as sonicaid couldn't pick up baby's heartbeat we got another quick scan and baby waved at us again lol

Oh and my letter confirming LOW risk for Downs, Edwards or Patau came through today as well :)

Lxx

Last edited:
scn.... Sounds so exciting I bet it is the little one giving you a wee nudge, looking forward to that the most I think, hope you feeling more rested today.

Lander....lol the wee dotes waving to you, excellent news on the all clear! I have a scan on the 11th of April to check for downs etc..

Next...is having a sale in store until Monday, my niece got loads for her wee girl, all I got was two vests I love my mummy and 1 I love my daddy lol and a lovely little fur hat with little bear face on it, hard to buy stuff when you don't know the gender. Also boots is doing half price on their mum and me baby range supposed to be very good products I got some some baby lotion, baby bath, bump cream etc 7 items for £11 so a huge bargain if anyone is in to that stuff. I also got a months supply of pregnancy vitamins from boots for joining their parenting club, collected them today.

Last edited:
Oo exciting about the movement Karen!!!

I'm on the baby aspirin too lander - great news that you've come back low risk :)

And sounds like fab sales sansk! Like you say though hard when you don't know gender! If this one is team pink I will be able to reuse a lot of the clothes millie wore. Planning on staying team yellow though :)

Mum and dad have taken millie and the dog out for the afternoon and instead of doing something nice like a date me and hubby have been using the time to frantically clean! Oh the excitement. Haven't had chance to do a thorough hoover and mop in a while though as M and the dog both have a fear of the hoover so I'm feeling better for doing it!

And was good news on the mortgage front - we will be saving 140 a month from may!! Will help with mat leave!

Lander and sansk do you have a real name /nickname you can share on here or would you rather not?
Xxx

Had my scan yday was fab baby didn't stop moving got moved forward 6 days so now due 19th Sep :) couldn't get measurements for downs testing as wouldn't stay same place long enough haha so got to go back for bloods xxx

Lander and sansk do you have a real name /nickname you can share on here or would you rather not?
Xxx

I'm still kind of calling it 'baby', DH is calling it wriggler.

I also think when it's 'waving' it's actually tell us to leave it alone to sleep, it's been about 10am both times an that's when I'm normally really busy at work so it goes for a nap.

I need to know the sex now, can't get much stuff otherwise, whilst I'm still on full pay etc

We've had a girl's name for a while, not anything for a boy though :whistle:

Haha sorry my fault for asking a vague question but meant your own name! Or do you prefer to be known as lander on here? Haha sorry didn't word it very clear!!!

On the name front we are struggling this time around. We named millie after seeing her but had a short list. This time we can't really find any we like / agree on!

I really like James for a boy but it's a bit common and we usually prefer to consider names out of the top 20. I really like kiera for a girl but don't think OH is sure. Xxx

Well, I've been Lander on here on and off for about eight years now lol, my great-great grandmother's name was Lander Matilda (pronounced more like 'Larnder'). But if you really want to use my RL name, it's Lucy.

Lxx

Last edited:
Which do you prefer to be called on here? Do you prefer Lander as I will continue to use that if you do :)

Anyone got any cravings yet? I haven't really had any this time around. Occasionally fancy something in particular but rarely the same thing twice and it's not a i-need-it-now feeling like I had last time around
xxx

Glad scan went well Kat! Did you get a pic? Xxx

Great news Kat xx

No cravings anymore, during first tri I was craving Pepsi max or diet irn bru and I don't normally drink it but it's passed now xx

Fab saving on the mortgage Naomi xx

Last edited:
Woohoo! 16 weeks today, still can't quite believe it ..... this is a huge milestone for me xx

Hi Ladies, I don't reach 14 weeks until Wednesday but I am too impatient and want to join you now. What's a few days!? :) I am due 21st September. Had my Downs, Edwards and Patau tests back as low risk which I'm really pleased about. Got my 20 w anomaly scan on starwars day (may 4th) haha.
Glad you saved money on your mortgage Naomi, that will definitely come in handy.
And cute bump SCN. Waiting for mine, although I am definitely looking bloated but not pregnant.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back