***** September 2016 Mummies Tri 2 *****

I got my Harmony test results today and all is fine was 1 in 10,000 bit different from the nhs 1 in 40 !!!

And also found out we are expecting a little girl!!! Just what we wanted so pleased it's made my birthday Yay xx

Last edited:
I got my Harmony test results today and all I'd find was 1 in 10,000 bit different from the nhs 1 in 40 !!!

And also found out we are expecting a little girl!!! Just what we wanted so pleased it's made my birthday Yay xx

How lovely!! I think we will have a harmony test if the results come back as high risk. Good news about yours :) xx

Defo major trouble with the headaches. Don't think sinus pain and some stress are helping me either right now. Only having paracetamol isn't great, I normally have to have ibuprofen with it to take out the inflamed muscles in my neck to ease it up.

Had yesterday off sick with migraine from previous night and still had to battle the remnants today, on the other side of my head/neck!

I got my Harmony test results today and all is fine was 1 in 10,000 bit different from the nhs 1 in 40 !!!

Fantastic news!! Congratulations on team pink xx you can relax and enjoy now xx
Happy Birthday xx

Last edited:
Hi girls :hugs:

5plus...Exciting news on the team pink!

Lander...hope your feeling a bit better today, sounds awful x

scn...sounds like your 16 week appointment went great!!

Naomi.....:hugs: try not to stress I know it's well me saying that, but better for you both if you try not too:love:

Asda is having a baby and toddler event atm....I haven't had a midwife app since week 9 maybe because I have a scan at 17 weeks and 21 weeks I don't think I will see her until after that at maybe 25 or 28 weeks?

Last edited:
Not sure if it works different depending on where you are, but I thought it was standard to have a 16 week app? Mine then sees me again at 22 weeks. These apps are not automatically sent out though I have to make them myself. Maybe you should phone and ask?
Will need to have a look at asda and see what they've got on offer, thanks for sharing that xx

HI ladies
sorry I've been AWOL last couple of days. Got a bit stressed during the week with the consultant app but am trying to calm down about it now. I think the thing that is bothering me the most is that he's said about the risk but I'm not getting seen again now (apart from scan where they don't check BP) til 25 weeks so I kept thinking what if I develop it between now and then?? But have decided now to go and see the nurse once or twice in the meantime just to do a quick BP check to make sure it's not too high.

Gem that's reassuring to know you didn't have it every time - thanks for sharing your experience.

Karen glad your appt went well and that all was clear.

Bobby great news that your scan went well hun!

Hope the rest of you are well. Anyone still very sick? I am barely feeling sick at all now which is good, and feeling movement more regularly.

Got a really stressful couple of weeks ahead with year end. The regional manager is off and so I am covering her role (without the extra salary sadly!!) Which means more work on top of the reports etc I already had to do. Feel tired just thinking about it! So making the most of this long weekend.

Hope everyone has a lovely easter xxx

Take it easy Naomi, nothing worse than feeling under pressure at work, never mind additional pressure if someone above you is off :( have you got any relaxing plans for the weekend? Xx

Got friends staying with their little girl. Part of me is wishing we did my as could do with just chilling but I know we will end up having a fab time so once I get the cooking over and done with it should be stress free :)

Thinking of starting meditation. Does anyone here do it and find it to be good? Xxx

I bought a book about teaching yourself to meditate a while back but couldn't get into it, may be better to attend a class?

Yeh will have a little search and see if I can find out about any classes near me. Thinking it might be a good way of keeping the stress levels down :) xxx

So I'm officially here now, my due date is 23 Sept :)

I got a 16 week appt sent to me in the post, I didn't book it at all.

Girl's have a lovely Easter weekend :love:

scn...It did mention a midwife app between 14-16 weeks in my notes, I will ring and make an appointment for after my 17 weeks scan as I am away a few days before said scan....:)

BTW one born every minute started on Tuesday night if anyone is interested, I am watching but not sure how I will feel now am actually pregnant lol

Last edited:
I've never watched it and not sure if I want to now lol

Naomi I have reflexology every fortnight and have done for just over a year now, it's honestly the best for relaxing and stopping stress, have a look into something like that as well xx
My reflexologist is starting a mother and baby course soon and I can't wait to get my boy started when he's born xx

Last edited:
Omg ladies sorry I haven't been on for a couple days. Woke up at 3.30am on Thursday (at my Dad's) having just told him that evening that he's going to be a granddad - to find lots of fresh red blood when I went to the toilet. Was unbelievably scared but got scanned today and there's no obvious reason why it happened and had no sex etc. Thankfully it's stopped now and we got to hear the heartbeat and have a scan to check all ok. So relieved. Really thought the worst. Cried all night and didn't sleep... Urghh.

Reflexology and meditation sound brilliant. Been doing pregnancy yoga which is lovely. Just following youtube videos :)

Xx

Last edited:
Oh gosh Aragon, glad all is well though, must have been very scary for you xx

Oh god Catherine that is so scary but I am so glad everything was OK.

Karen thanks for the reflexology tip, will look into that xxx

Got friends staying with their little girl. Part of me is wishing we did my as could do with just chilling but I know we will end up having a fab time so once I get the cooking over and done with it should be stress free :)

Thinking of starting meditation. Does anyone here do it and find it to be good? Xxx

I do meditation as part of my spiritual development. But I find it hugely beneficial day to day. I also use chakra candles and crystals about to get right into a nice tranquil place.

For me its about opening my intuitive side, which its done and I do look at the world differently. See more the good in things. More emphathetic etc.

I do guided meditations on youtube. I do the meet your spirit guide one but you dont need to do them you could do the normal guided medations.

Always good if you find a good mind closing exercise for me its a dial that I envision. Like a volume dial it appears differently but mostly like one of the old silver tv knobs for some reason. Anyway a I turn that down my thoughts turn down. Its amazing. Some of the meditations have one at the begining, each exercise can be diff so if you try to do it and cant it might just be that mind exercise doesnt work well with you and you could try another.

Try not to do it last thing at night because after meditation you should ground yourself, have a bit of toast or something. Just because if you fall asleep doing it which its easily done ive did it often but your mind can stay awake and elevated. I once woke to find myself on the edge of my bed on my phone. Was strange. Stopped it late after that incase I started sleep walking.

xxxx

Last edited:
Ah wow thanks for the info RM! Do you mean you do videos yourself on YouTube or you watch other peoples? It's always been something that has interested me and I used to do a bit of calming visualisation when I got stressed during uni but would like to learn more about it :)
Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back