Right to have an elective c section

VikkiR

Reaction score
Hi everyone, did the above announcement change your birth plan and will you now consider an elective c section? xx

I'm in NZ, so things are different over here...but personally, I can't see the point of putting myself through the trauma of major surgery unless it was absolutely medically necessary. The less intervention I have the better. Our bodies are designed to give birth and unless there's a medical reason or it's necessary for baby's well-being I don't see why anyone would infere with the process. Just my opinion :)

I dont know why you wouldnt try to birth your own child, its an amazing feeling!

If its your first baby they will try and make you give birth natrually unless there is a need for it like big baby or something else medically.

I tried with my first, induction at 38 weeks and in the end it wasn't happening for me and him and he needed to come out asap after 2 days so I had section. I got infection in my wound and it was painful as anything. Also it started leaking and freaked me out. I struggled to care for my son for about 2 weeks after till I could walk straight. I wouldn't say its the easiest way for your first unless needed.

But as my pregnancy is so soon after I will probably have another c section x

Last edited:
After having an emergency c section - I would never elect to have one. I still have a sore scar, had o ray in hospital etc etc. As long as o was on that was the main thing but I'd never put my self through that by choice

I'm in NZ, so things are different over here...but personally, I can't see the point of putting myself through the trauma of major surgery unless it was absolutely medically necessary. The less intervention I have the better. Our bodies are designed to give birth and unless there's a medical reason or it's necessary for baby's well-being I don't see why anyone would infere with the process. Just my opinion :)

Wss^^^^^ :)

What she said x

Sent from my gorgeous iPhone 4S

Im not sure, i have considered asking for a c section as i have had 2 back to back babies and the labours are more difficult and i also tore with both (front not behind as you would normally and that WAS painful) I would rather not have a c section but i have thought about it x

this will be my first and I want to experience everything, from waters breaking to contractions and giving birth. I would only have a C section if it was medically recommended for some reason. Aren't elected C sections also 2 weeks before the due date? for some reason I don't feel comfortable about that, I would prefer everything to happen as it should - although I know that sometimes, this is impossible - as natural as it can be anyway xxxx

this will be my first and I want to experience everything, from waters breaking to contractions and giving birth. I would only have a C section if it was medically recommended for some reason. Aren't elected C sections also 2 weeks before the due date? for some reason I don't feel comfortable about that, I would prefer everything to happen as it should - although I know that sometimes, this is impossible - as natural as it can be anyway xxxx

No it depends on the reason your having them, twins is different or multiples as they will be born early. I had mine 2 weeks earlyfrom diabetes but some will have them late are failed inductions or doton the 40th week its all when they can fit you in too as they take a while. I remember my son was born in about 20 mins then it took an hour putting my back together lol x

well was in hospital a week from infection had to take home loads of pills also injections I had to do myself. So if your afraid of needles then I wouldn't advise getting one. It took a good month to feel ok. But I'd say first 2 weeks were the hardest as I had bad odema too so found it difficult to move x

I would never choose to have a c section! In fact I am petrified of them turning round to me and saying I must have one. If baby was in trouble then that's a dif story as I would always put mine n bubs health first. Butto go through major surgery? Doesn't make sense! It takes a lot longer to heal AND you can't drive for 6 weeks after! That would do my head in! I want to feel everything, no matter how painful. No matter how much I scream. Because I know it will be one of the most amazing experiences of my life! Just my opinion.xx

I was kinda glad when I had mine as I had an infection was knackered and hadn't slept in 3 days solid. I barely remember bits as they had me on so many drugs to try and help clear infection :( I was so gutted I couldn;t give naturally I was wellupset afterwards as it affected my breastfeeding, but I don't know really x

I would consider it, two of my friends with babies have been left doubly incontinent since giving birth and they're in their mid twenties, I would hope a c section scar would eventually heal but the thought of being left like my friends scares me

I would consider it, two of my friends with babies have been left doubly incontinent since giving birth and they're in their mid twenties, I would hope a c section scar would eventually heal but the thought of being left like my friends scares me

You have to look at the pros anc ons as an individual x Your scan is numb for ages and your belly. I get twinges now and again from it and it has puckered at a point so my tummy is not flush where scar is. Personally it doesn't bother me but each to their own really x

I have been left massively depressed by my scar, it is awful. It is crooked, too high and also puckered at one end. It is numb/painful and I have lost a lot of confidence. I believe this had an effect on our sex life as now it is verging on non existent.
Because mine was a crash section, the cutting was very rushed. I can't look at it or I cry. I put a flannel over it to bath and never let oh see it xx

Sent from my gorgeous iPhone 4S

I have been left massively depressed by my scar, it is awful. It is crooked, too high and also puckered at one end. It is numb/painful and I have lost a lot of confidence. I believe this had an effect on our sex life as now it is verging on non existent.
Because mine was a crash section, the cutting was very rushed. I can't look at it or I cry. I put a flannel over it to bath and never let oh see it xx

Though i dont believe sections should be offered without reason, I have to say here that an elective section is very different to an emergency section and there is much more time for things to be done correctly.

I think anyone would choose an elective section over an emergency section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back