C sections - Personal experiences

Countrybumpkin

Reaction score
I was just wondering who has had c section in the past, whether emergency or elective and your personal experience. There is a lot of bad stories, which please do share, but would be nice to hear some good experiences too.

How did the op go, how did you feel, how long before you where up and about, how was the pain, and how did the recovery go. Do you have horrid scares or has everything healed well. Can you have a flat tummy again after a c section, if so how did you achieve this. Or do you have a layer a skin which you can't get rid of.

Please share as much info for us all to learn from your experience.

i had an emerg sec first time but having elective this time it wasnt a bad op in itself but was very sore after i did too much once i got home and ended up back in hosp 4 days after i released for 24hrs and wasnt allowed baby with me was horrid so my advice is dont over do things im not scared of having another tho as although it very uncomfy and sore it does heal
i never had a flat tum to start my scar is great but i have an overhangy tummy bit which will never go

I had an emergency section in 2007 when I had my daughter and for the whole was a positive experience, will almost certainly be having an elective section this time due to a condition I have thy was diagnosed after I had my daughter. I was up an about the following day, was encouraged to take a shower when I could and take my dressing off. I didn't have any help lifting or holding baby, I was a little sore but they offer plenty of meds if you need them. I found the worst part was the trapped wind pain afterwards! They encouraged me to drink peppermint tea in hospital to keep things moving, but lactulose did the trick! As serenitylove has said you just have to be careful not to overdo it. I was out and about walking with the pram when she was just 10 days old, probably shouldn't have done really but a think light exercise is good. I'm gonna make sure I have a good support pillow this time to put around my tummy to help with feeding. The operation itself is a bit of a blur but I was awake and felt no pain but you can feel them rummaging around iykwim. I did get a urine infection afterwards but I reckon that wa due to the catheter which I would have had anyway as I had an epidural. But all in all my c section was positive and wouldn't be scared or concerned to have another :)

My tummy took a while to go back to how it was, never did completely but I never lost all my baby weight! My scar was very low and very neat, you wouldn't know. I still had a little tum but not really overhang.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back