Had or are going to have an elective c-section?.. I need some advice please

thank you ladies!! :) it's a hard decision because I could have a normal birth, it's just if a situation occurs where I need to have forceps or my legs need to be held , I could risk my joints popping out and that will not help the situation . that's why they are giving me the option . I wish it wasn't an option because that's what's making it a difficult decision xx

Hello, I have had 4 elective sections now due to having had plumbing op when 20, so I followed docs orders to prevent ruining everything with the birth. Each one since has then been section.

I did have the negative feelings (wrongly or not) that you mentioned, Childbirth will alwnays keep coming up in conversation with women, and over the years I have found some ladies a little dismissive, and say I haven't felt anything like real labour then, oooh you lucky thing, the lasy way to deliver, too posh to push etc. While they are only speaking without thinking or knowing what a section feels like, it still hurts and helps that stigma of possible failure to do it the natural, normal way.

After 12 years and by my last baby, I did actually 90 percent get over this, that's the only way it's going to happen, and all of my births have been lovely experiances, elective is calm, planned and very reassuring and controled. You know when your having baby, you know what will happen etc which is good. Section really is not the easy route, (not that I know about labour tho!) , but you just learn to handle the pain, take the drugs, don't be a martar, move around quickly , it helps you, and within days you will really turn a corner and start feeling more yourself again. Don't forget you cannot drive for 4-6 weeks, (ring your car ins company to find out their policy).

I have 3 sons, but I have one daughter, she knows my babys come out of the sun roof!, but I don't know what to say to her when she has kids, I herself, I just don't know what labour is like, I never will. But lots of ladies never experiance a C-section and experiance that brings to birth, neither is wrong.

Sorry to be negative, just think it is best to know both sides of the picture, to see how you may think one day, but ultimately your health should drive the descision, whichever way.

If I could choose tomorow what birth to have , if there would be a next time - It would be natural all the way.....

Good luck

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back