Right to have an elective c section

Obviously.
We were talking about scars.

Sent from my gorgeous iPhone 4S

Just felt like it should be mentioned as people might have been scared if they are booked to have a section. I think there are vast differences in problems arising from elective and emergency sections, including with the scars xx

No actually, numbness and pain is a common denominator in both emergency and planned sections.
I'm sure that ladies who have planned sections booked are well aware of the risks and benefits.
I really don't think they will be scared hearing about my issues.

I think by all accounts, medical and personal experiences, an elective section is quicker to heal, less painful and has less chance of complications than an emergency section. The surgeons have only a tight window in which to get everything ready and done even with elective, with emergency this is quicker so there is much more of a chance of the cut being made quickly (and being wonky like you have mentioned) and this follows through to the stitching and recovery also, Its better if the hospital has time to prepare for the operation, both to prepare and recovery time afterwards.

I do however, still feel that a vaginal birth is best for mother and baby

Cosmic, just wanted to say I'm really sorry that you were left with a bad scar, it sounds more like you were butchered than operated on!! how long ago was it hun? just wondered if it will get any lighter. big hugs to you xxxxx

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

I'm really not going into this further with you. I think you can tell from what I have written that I am still really upset about the subject and I think by pulling me up on this after what I had written is pretty insensitive to be honest.

Good luck ladies.
As someone who has had a section I can tell you that yes it is painful for a few days but you will feel better every day. Make the choice that is right for you, not what other people think you should.

Cosmic, just wanted to say I'm really sorry that you were left with a bad scar, it sounds more like you were butchered than operated on!! how long ago was it hun? just wondered if it will get any lighter. big hugs to you xxxxx

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thank you hunnie :friends:
Your kind words mean a lot.
It was 3 years ago now but I'm still really hurt about it. I was a really confident person, but now, I don't know, it's hard :cry: xx

It is a lot lighter now btw, it's the positioning and numbness that bothers me. X

I honestly wasnt trying to pull you up on it, simply following on from what you had said so that people reading the thread would have information relating to both topics.

I really dont see the need for animosity, I am just point out that if a section is elective, there is much less of a risk, if an operation heals more quickly, the scar will be different thats all.

Not trying to belittle your experience at all, just offering information on the topic being discussed.

Is there anyone you can talk to which may help you bring your confidence back? 3 years is a long time to be feeling like this hun xx

Is there anyone you can talk to which may help you bring your confidence back? 3 years is a long time to be feeling like this hun xx

I did have counselling following the traumatic delivery and it helped a little. I feel pretty stupid for feeling this way so long afterwards. Like I'm in tears writing this now, I feel daft. The important thing is my babies survived and so did I but I cannot stand to look at the scar. I'm hoping with time the heartache will fade xxx

I updated my birth announcement yesterday with a more detailed account of my emergency section.

My scar is really light now, occasionally stings if I do too much but on the whole pretty good.

If you click the link in my signature it's the last post.
Em x

I did have counselling following the traumatic delivery and it helped a little. I feel pretty stupid for feeling this way so long afterwards. Like I'm in tears writing this now, I feel daft. The important thing is my babies survived and so did I but I cannot stand to look at the scar. I'm hoping with time the heartache will fade xxx

That's so sad :( I was pretty upset after mine, it wasn't even something I'd consider would happen. Xxx

I will have a read of that hun, hope you're ok x

it's not daft hun, everybody is different and it's natural to be self conscious about something like this. I just hope that one day you will start to feel more confident about yourself - I went through a similar thing a few years back - had to have a lump out of my boob and was left with a horrible scar, I couldn't feel anything there for months and wouldn't let OH go near me. Eventually though I realised that I couldn't do anything about it and I accepted that it's going to be that way for the rest of my life - I got my confidence back. So there is still hope for you xx

:hugs::hugs:

PS - sorry about the essay!!

Last edited:
I know what you mean hun. I'd had two normal deliveries and had never considered that I would need a section, especially not under a general. It was the most awful and traumatic day in my life. I have flash backs and nightmares.

it's not daft hun, everybody is different and it's natural to be self conscious about something like this. I just hope that one day you will start to feel more confident about yourself - I went through a similar thing a few years back - had to have a lump out of my boob and was left with a horrible scar, I couldn't feel anything there for months and wouldn't let OH go near me. Eventually though I realised that I couldn't do anything about it and I accepted that it's going to be that way for the rest of my life - I got my confidence back. So there is still hope for you xx

:hugs::hugs:

PS - sorry about the essay!!

Thanks hun, hearing that from someone who has experienced similar means a lot. I hope I can be the same really soon xxx

Has this right been approved yet?

I can't say I'd opt for it. I've never had a baby before so have no idea what labour is like. I just think a c section is there for people that really need it for medical reasons. Plus you can't drive afterwards, it costs the NHS more money, etc.

The mw said at our antenatal class that there was a possibility of reduced fertility after a c section, which would also put me off, but in saying that, it sounded like a sweeping comment to me as I'd never heard this before at all?

xxx

Sorry for off topic, but can you not push for cosmetic surgery or laser to reduce the scar?

Hi girls bless you all getting emotional it just shows how much these things can effect people in different ways I can see it from both sides I actually have 3 scars and will be getting number 4!! I am not bothered by mine atall I'm actually proud of them I got my babies from them :) it did take me a while to feel this way and i only feel this way when they are not bright red lol I got all the way to 10cm with my first after 3 days of labour so felt totally robbed but Ryan went in to heart distressed tilted his head back and got stuck so there wasn't way I was goingtoget him out naturally I was devestatedbut like I say all that matters at the moment is that they are safe you go in to mummy mode and really don't care about yourself you just have to protect your baby, it's very easy for people to comment on things they do t no about or have ideas about what they would do but in that moment everything changes that's not a dig at anyone I was the same I had a perfect labour all layed out I was even having him at home then when things started to go wrong everything went out the window since then I haven't been allowed a natural birth as a women I'm heart broken because like someone else said I have always seen it as a natural thing for a woman to do but hay like I say I have had 3 beautiful children with another on the way and with out these operations it wouldn't be possible in an ideal world I would have had them all naturally but needs must and all that lol keep your chin up sweetie and just remember your beautiful little one came from there :)

Sorry for the essay probs don't make much sense lol but I think you'll all get the idea:) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back