Right to have an elective c section

Thank you cazza, I wish you lots of luck with your birth xxx

Sent from my gorgeous iPhone 4S

there are places that will tattoo scar tissue hun, its just more difficult and they cant go over it as much as it can make too sore and damage the skin. it just means you need to carefully research your tattooist before getting it done and plan the design and execution of it extensively but i do think its a brill idea. even if you get a vine of some kind wrapping around the scar and dont get a lot of ink in the actual scar tissue it will improve it aesthetically and make it more pleasant for you to look at.

Thanks so much bev, I will look into it xxx

Sent from my gorgeous iPhone 4S

Hi, I am actually really grateful that someone started this thread as this is one thing I am not only petrified of, but also completely confused!!!
Four years ago, when I had my little girl, I gave birth naturally. I was 11 days overdue so I was induced. They had to induce me twice as she refused to acknowledge that it was time to come out.
During that birth, because I had to be induced, I had to be monitored at all times. I went into the proper stages of labour at 1pm and so was told to lay facing upwards on a bed. I was not allowed to walk around which I desperately wanted I do. I was in agony! At 8:30 I eventually did give birth to my LO. At about 10 o'clock, when the people came to clean me up, after everyone (my mum, babies father, my dad, my brother!) had left the hospital, they noticed that I had a third degree tear. They explained the severity of this to me (torn from front to back basically!) an that I needed to go to theatre to be stitched up. I was wheeled into theatre. Given an epidural and sewn up. It wa after this that I was told I could have double incontinence.
This time, as a result of last time, I am dreading having to go through natural child birth. Luckily, I was never incontinent, but my fear is I could have been!!! And I am so frightened that that could happen again. My consultant is desperate that I go through with natural childbirth. But I am so afraid!!!
On top of all of this, I know I will be having a baby with down syndrome this time, so the fear that I will be in nappies as well as her scares me- but also the thought that if her lack of muscle tone prevents her from pushing herself out an I have to have an emergency section scares me too! I just don't want that stress at the beginning o her life!!!!

I just don't know what to say to my consultant, and wonder if maybe I shouldn't have a elective c section, as she is so adamantly against it, or whether I should persist in fighting for it. I am petrified!!!

I am so sorry for
My essay!!!! Xxxx

Hi, I am actually really grateful that someone started this thread as this is one thing I am not only petrified of, but also completely confused!!!
Four years ago, when I had my little girl, I gave birth naturally. I was 11 days overdue so I was induced. They had to induce me twice as she refused to acknowledge that it was time to come out.
During that birth, because I had to be induced, I had to be monitored at all times. I went into the proper stages of labour at 1pm and so was told to lay facing upwards on a bed. I was not allowed to walk around which I desperately wanted I do. I was in agony! At 8:30 I eventually did give birth to my LO. At about 10 o'clock, when the people came to clean me up, after everyone (my mum, babies father, my dad, my brother!) had left the hospital, they noticed that I had a third degree tear. They explained the severity of this to me (torn from front to back basically!) an that I needed to go to theatre to be stitched up. I was wheeled into theatre. Given an epidural and sewn up. It wa after this that I was told I could have double incontinence.
This time, as a result of last time, I am dreading having to go through natural child birth. Luckily, I was never incontinent, but my fear is I could have been!!! And I am so frightened that that could happen again. My consultant is desperate that I go through with natural childbirth. But I am so afraid!!!
On top of all of this, I know I will be having a baby with down syndrome this time, so the fear that I will be in nappies as well as her scares me- but also the thought that if her lack of muscle tone prevents her from pushing herself out an I have to have an emergency section scares me too! I just don't want that stress at the beginning o her life!!!!

I just don't know what to say to my consultant, and wonder if maybe I shouldn't have a elective c section, as she is so adamantly against it, or whether I should persist in fighting for it. I am petrified!!!

I am so sorry for
My essay!!!! Xxxx

I'd talk it over hun, I can see why you afraid. I would be too. At the end of the day don't let them push you inot doing naything you don't want to do x

Make a list of the pros and cons so you can see which way you would prefer hunny x I'm sorry to hear your fearing it all. You are a strong woman by the sounds of things I respect that :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back