Right to have an elective c section

I don't know if it's been approved, there's lots of talk at the moment isn't there xx

Sent from my gorgeous iPhone 4S

Is there anyone you can talk to which may help you bring your confidence back? 3 years is a long time to be feeling like this hun xx

I did have counselling following the traumatic delivery and it helped a little. I feel pretty stupid for feeling this way so long afterwards. Like I'm in tears writing this now, I feel daft. The important thing is my babies survived and so did I but I cannot stand to look at the scar. I'm hoping with time the heartache will fade xxx

Sorry for off topic, but can you not push for cosmetic surgery or laser to reduce the scar?

I have been offered cosmetic surgery but it means opening me up again and there is a risk that it could be made worse :( xx

Thank you mummyto4 :friends: xxx

Has this right been approved yet?

I can't say I'd opt for it. I've never had a baby before so have no idea what labour is like. I just think a c section is there for people that really need it for medical reasons. Plus you can't drive afterwards, it costs the NHS more money, etc.

The mw said at our antenatal class that there was a possibility of reduced fertility after a c section, which would also put me off, but in saying that, it sounded like a sweeping comment to me as I'd never heard this before at all?

xxx
I think it can becauseof the internal scars/tube damage

Yes, you can get adhesions and that can damage tubes, quite a low risk but a risk none the less x

I thought of a section scares the hell out of me after 3 natural births it's really not I want with my 4th

I've got a low laying placenta and hopefully it will move as in most cases but they told me mine is covering my whole cervix so there's a little less chance of it moving,

Of course I will do anything for the save arrival of my baby but I wouldn't chose to have a c section xxxx

Is there anyone you can talk to which may help you bring your confidence back? 3 years is a long time to be feeling like this hun xx

I did have counselling following the traumatic delivery and it helped a little. I feel pretty stupid for feeling this way so long afterwards. Like I'm in tears writing this now, I feel daft. The important thing is my babies survived and so did I but I cannot stand to look at the scar. I'm hoping with time the heartache will fade xxx

Sorry for off topic, but can you not push for cosmetic surgery or laser to reduce the scar?

I have been offered cosmetic surgery but it means opening me up again and there is a risk that it could be made worse :( xx

I am not an expert, but could they not offer you laser treatment if they offered you a surgery? Given how traumatic it was for you?I dont blame you for not wanting another surgery, must be horrific

I was given a treatment to fade the scar, it's a treatment given to people with burns so I am blessed to have been offered it. The scar is almost white now so laser can't improve on that. I have quite olive skin though so it stands out more now it's white iykwim xx

Thanks. xx I suppose there is a risk with any child birth isn't there? :hug:

I was given a treatment to fade the scar, it's a treatment given to people with burns so I am blessed to have been offered it. The scar is almost white now so laser can't improve on that. I have quite olive skin though so it stands out more now it's white iykwim xx

I think the only other option is tattoo then, maybe soething that is meaningful and will remind you of your boysin a good way? I dont know if you ever considered a tattoo though
:hugs:
Dont know what else to suggest, shame the counselling didnt help

I think the only other option is tattoo then, maybe soething that is meaningful and will remind you of your boysin a good way? I dont know if you ever considered a tattoo though

most tattooist won't tattoo scars as the ink doesn't take properly x I have a tattoo on my hip and it has some stretchys running throught it fading the ink in parts :(

That's a really good idea, I think I will look into that, thanks hun xxx

I always assumed I would want a c-section. I have a low pain threshold, and am terrified at the thought of giving birth. But, now I'm pregnant, I'm starting to feel less scared at the thought of giving birth. My midwife said my history as a gymnast and a cheerleader will help me in labour, as I'm quite strong and have good muscles. The thought of a water birth appeals to me now :)
I tried to discuss it with my OH, but he got a little bit upset. He's concerned that I'm too small to give birth naturally, especially with the history of huge babies in my family! I think he would be happier if I opted for a c-section, and he said he'll be there to take care of the baby while I recover, but, I worry that I won't bond with the baby if I'm not able to take care of it for the first few days/weeks.
I guess I need to do my research and speak to my midwife about all my fears etc. I have about 7 months to make my decision :)

most tattooist won't tattoo scars as the ink doesn't take properly x I have a tattoo on my hip and it has some stretchys running throught it fading the ink in parts :(

Oh :(

Its not to say you couldn't try and see if you could get one cosmic :) You just need to ask around x

Thank you mummyto4 :friends: xxx

If you want to chat feel free to message me chic xxx

I actually have adhesions from all the surgeries my abdominal wall is stuck to my uterus I weren't even sure if I was able to have anymore babies let alone c sections I had to have a laparoscopy that confirmed the adhesions and the severity of them and the chances of having another luckily it all worked out I am having the adhesions dealt with when I have my c section this time :) xxx

Thanks hun, that's very kind xx

No worries sometimes it's easier to talk to someone who's been there xxx

It's interesting to hear of all the situations that can arise following a C section and I do not think ANYONE has the right to challenge anyone else about their decision regarding this emotive issue, we all make our decisions for personal reasons and luckily on here everyone is willing to share their stories which is incredibly helpful to the rest of us.

I've opted for a c section following extensive research and in depth consultant meetings. I have several fairly serious medical issues which may or may not hinder natural birth but for the sake of my baby I have chose to have a c section so everything can be managed correctly.

My consultant was supportive of whichever decision I made.

At my age this little girlie is likely to be the one and only and I intend to do everything in my power to get her here safely!!

If I was 10 years younger with no health issues I would not be making this choice!

Cosmic - I know ho you feel hunny I have bad scaring on one boob following a botched op over 20 years ago, despite being awarded damages and offered private corrective surgery I've never had anything done to correct it and I just wear flouncy bra's to forget it! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back