Preparing for battle

cosmicgirl

Reaction score
So tomorrow I have an appointment with the consultant to discuss the plans for my vbac.
I shall tell him that I refuse constant monitoring and in fact will be having a water birth. The hospital do not allow vbacs to have a water birth, they also insist on constant monitoring (which will inhibit a mobile labour massively).
I shall tell him that if he does not agree to my demands, I will have a water birth at home (will I heck, this is an empty threat on my part) hoping to call his bluff.
Damn that flaming c-section, it really shits on your choices for further births (and left me with a shit scar!).

Anyway, wish me luck x

hi hun, i would tell them straight what you want, then if he doesnt give him the empty threat. at the end of the day its your birth and not theirs. with my first i was induced hooked up to the drip and couldnt move, this time i want to be able to move and walk around and not have the machine on me throughout.

Good luck with tomorrow xx

Best of luck hun!! Get YOUR plans across to them now cos you won't have the strength to fight them in YOUR labour for the birth of YOUR baby. xxx

Thanks girls, I feel strong, like I can take control of this situation.
Just hope he doesn't call my bluff and say "go and have a home birth then" gulp x

Go for it Cos, it's your right to make these choices. If this is what you want then you tell 'em!! Good luck xx

Cheers love xx
I feel strongly about it, I really don't want to labour in the way that they want, I don't want that x

Thanks girls, I feel strong, like I can take control of this situation.
Just hope he doesn't call my bluff and say "go and have a home birth then" gulp x

That'd be my dream come true :love:

I think my oh would have a cardiac arrest if we were to have a home birth lol
He's a sensitive soul lol
I'm more than happy with a hospital delivery if it can be on my terms.
I'd be quite anxious to have a home birth, I like having all the dr's and equipment to hand x

even if he does call your bluff, you can always go to hospital when your in labour and tell the MW's there what you want.

I'd be quite anxious to have a home birth, I like having all the dr's and equipment to hand x

It's a good job I didn't cos l/o had respiratory problems :( so any other babies I have will have to be hospital births too I suspect x

I can't see them calling my bluff when what they really want is me to be constantly monitored in hospital. They don't like hbacs even more than water vbacs! x

It's a good job I didn't cos l/o had respiratory problems :( so any other babies I have will have to be hospital births too I suspect x

Better to be safe I think, hospital births can be lovely.
Maybe a birthing centre would be an option for you x

There aren't any within a 60 mile radius of me :roll: oh well my hospital birth was still fab!
I really hope he works with you tomorrow Hun x

Thanks lovely, I just hope the consultant is nice and understanding. Some can be so pig- headed cant they x

Hope it goes well today hun! I've got a friend who had a wbac and she was the first person in her hospital to have one! If you hit a wall today I can ask her to pop you a message if you like xx

Morning Cos

I hope everything goes well for you today. Stay strong and remember it's your labour. They can be sneaky though can't they and make you doubt yourself but stay focused and keep us informed with how it goes.

I'm hoping for a vbac VERY nervous about it though as everything went belly up with my LO's labour and birth, I see the consultant in July and hoping she'll be open to my ideas. I remember you saying you were looking into hypnobirthing is that still the plan? If the recommend a vbac for me I'm gonna look into it definitely.

Anyway good luck. xxx

Best of luck Cos,

I know after your traumatic c-section this is very important to you and I hope you get a sympatheic consultant.

Is there anything you are willing to compromise on? Maybe not have the water birth but be allowed to have a non monitored labour?

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Good Luck! Hope that you get what you want, even aslong as they are listening to you and taking on board what your saying. May take a few appointments to get it all ironed out!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back