VBAC and HBAC hopefuls support thread

Ahh thanks augustmum, I'm made up.
Actually looking forward to chatting with the head mw and coming up with a plan x

Know this has been over a year, but how did you get on Cosmic??? I'm really wanting a HBAC when I try for no 2, due to lack of people able to mind LO whilst I give birth, so any info is greatly received!!

I had a wonderful vbac :)
Best decision I've ever made x

That's terrible they aren't supportive of what you want. Why do you need constant monitoring just because you had a previous section? Do they not have mobile monitoring? I'm in the US but I was able to be monitored in the water and walking around but when things got complicated I had to be in bed.
I agree the risks are minimal with VBAC I just read all the guidelines the drs get and there really isn't much in it when you compare to a section. At the end of the day it's your delivery and it your consultant isn't listening to you ask to see another one. They may same the same thing but at least you'll have tried all options!

Hi Cosmic,

Sorry if I'm repeating anything - I've not read the other replies yet.
I just want to say really quickly: I've done a massive amount of research, using independent scientific studies and reviews. Statistically speaking, a VBAC is a *much* safe for both mother and baby than major suregery.
Also, the consultant is not in a position to 'allow' or 'refuse' you anything. They are there to give advice, then support your informed decision. He legally cannot deny you anything. He cannot force anything either...this would constitute assault. Please don'rt think I'm a millitant, anti-medical hippy type. I'm certainly not, I actually have a lot of respect for the medical profession. But I've discovered that a lot of what they telll you you're 'allowed' is hospital poilcy, simply designed to protect them from litigation.

With regards to continuous foetal monitoring, ALL research has proven that there is NO change in outcome for babies. In other words, the same number of babies survive/die whether CFM is used or not. The only thing that does change is the C-section rate. It goes up when CFM is used.

I have a lot of other stuff you may find interesting/useful, but I don't want to type it all here if you don't want it, neither do I want to bore everyone with my findings, lol.
If I can work out how to PM you on here, I have a suggestion that may help you x

EDITED: Ah shit!! Sorry.....I didn't realise this was old, hahahaha. I'm glad you got the birth you wanted. How did it go? Did you have CFM, cannula, etc?

Last edited:
Hi Cosmic,

Sorry if I'm repeating anything - I've not read the other replies yet.
I just want to say really quickly: I've done a massive amount of research, using independent scientific studies and reviews. Statistically speaking, a VBAC is a *much* safe for both mother and baby than major suregery.
Also, the consultant is not in a position to 'allow' or 'refuse' you anything. They are there to give advice, then support your informed decision. He legally cannot deny you anything. He cannot force anything either...this would constitute assault. Please don'rt think I'm a millitant, anti-medical hippy type. I'm certainly not, I actually have a lot of respect for the medical profession. But I've discovered that a lot of what they telll you you're 'allowed' is hospital poilcy, simply designed to protect them from litigation.

With regards to continuous foetal monitoring, ALL research has proven that there is NO change in outcome for babies. In other words, the same number of babies survive/die whether CFM is used or not. The only thing that does change is the C-section rate. It goes up when CFM is used.

I have a lot of other stuff you may find interesting/useful, but I don't want to type it all here if you don't want it, neither do I want to bore everyone with my findings, lol.
If I can work out how to PM you on here, I have a suggestion that may help you x

EDITED: Ah shit!! Sorry.....I didn't realise this was old, hahahaha. I'm glad you got the birth you wanted. How did it go? Did you have CFM, cannula, etc?

Still great info hun x

Still practicing on the new phone.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back