Oh god...

Good luck and fx to both Naomi and Gail for good news this week x

Hi Naomi,
Sorry to hear you're having a rough time. I know that no matter how much people tell you this is common & to not worry that you'll be thinking the worst.
I had exactly the same just a coulle of days ago & went into blind panic & was distraught. Oh took me to a&e to get checked over as I couldn't get hold of mw & they sent me for an early scan.
They told me everything seems fine but I'm only 4-5 weeks, not 6+2 as I thought so could just be breakthrough.
Anyway it's still happening but I felt so reassured that it's nothing to worry too much about & all the people I saw didn't make me feel silly at all for being so worried so I'd definitely reccomend seeing someone even if it's just to put your mind at rest.
Fx'd that everything is ok for you hun. I know it's scary not knowing if everything is ok. Xxx

Hi Naomi,
Sorry to hear you're having a rough time. I know that no matter how much people tell you this is common & to not worry that you'll be thinking the worst.
I had exactly the same just a coulle of days ago & went into blind panic & was distraught. Oh took me to a&e to get checked over as I couldn't get hold of mw & they sent me for an early scan.
They told me everything seems fine but I'm only 4-5 weeks, not 6+2 as I thought so could just be breakthrough.
Anyway it's still happening but I felt so reassured that it's nothing to worry too much about & all the people I saw didn't make me feel silly at all for being so worried so I'd definitely reccomend seeing someone even if it's just to put your mind at rest.
Fx'd that everything is ok for you hun. I know it's scary not knowing if everything is ok. Xxx

Thank you for your kind words. Sat watching a dvd with my best friend at the moment and binge eating. Hope it's good news on Monday. Good to know that there are a few positive stories out there, and really glad things have worked out well for you xx

Just got back from a&e. Blood turned to bright red this evening so had a major freak out. Can't go for a scan til Monday as scans don't happen on a weekend. The midwife was lovely though. She checked my cervix which is thankfully still closed, and took some blood after several attempts at finding a vein. Im going to look pretty battered tomorrow. I've got to go back Sunday to have more blood taken so they can compare my hcg levels.
Feeling slightly more positive than i was two hours ago as the midwife said what all you lot have been saying- that lots of women get blood in pregnancy.
Just hope my little bean is still snug in there. xx

oh gosh Naomi you're really having a tough week...glad your feeling a little more positive after seeing the mw xxx

Oh Naomi how stressful but good thing you went and the mw has reassured you a bit. Nearly Monday now, praying that everything is ok for you xxx

Thanks ladies. Monday doesn't seem so far away now. Just got to try and relax til then.
Urgh what id give for a nice stress free pregnancy! X

Only 2 more sleeps for Monday I want it hurry for you! How is your bleeding? What the midwife said sounds very positive. I'd love a stress free pregnancy too argh. Seems to be one thing after another. Try take it easy no heavy lifting etc x

Thanks. Bleeding is still there but back to being much lighter this morning. It never spilled over onto pad yesterday, just got a lot heavier and redder when i wiped.
My hands and wrists are bruised and killing me this morning. They've put something on my notes about how hard it is to get a vein as if this pregnancy is ok i will need to have some kind of anesthesia plan in place apparently. Took three members of staff including a doctor and 11 attempts to get the blood they needed!! X

A closed cervix is a very good sign! I hope that extra bit of positivity makes the rest of the weekend a little more bearable for you.

I'm also very difficult to get blood from. When I know I'm going for a blood test, I make sure I'm very hydrated (like REALLY hydrated!!) and if I'm cold I hold a heat pad over my arm a few minutes beforehand so that the veins won't hide away from the cold. I don't know if this will work for you but it's worth a try :)

Thanks juice, will give that a try Sunday night when i go back for the second lot of blood! X

2 days to go. Really hope it goes fast for you, try to keep busy hun xx

Hope your keeping yourself nice and busy today, only 2 more sleeps :hugs: x x

Thanks. Bleeding is still there but back to being much lighter this morning. It never spilled over onto pad yesterday, just got a lot heavier and redder when i wiped.
My hands and wrists are bruised and killing me this morning. They've put something on my notes about how hard it is to get a vein as if this pregnancy is ok i will need to have some kind of anesthesia plan in place apparently. Took three members of staff including a doctor and 11 attempts to get the blood they needed!! X

That's a very good sign. I hope the bleeding goes completely for you but the fact it's only light and when you wipe is good IMO. I had only bleeding when I wiped myself and it was like a period. Try take it easy all weekend and roll on Monday for you xx

Ouch you poor thing having so much trouble with your blood, having to worry about your little bean is bad enough without blood test worries. Monday will be here before you know it hun.

Michelle. x

Thanks Michelle. Counting down the hours and praying the blood doesn't get heavier...
Lots of us in tri 1 seem to have had a really tough time of it the last few weeks. xx

Naomi have you googled your local epu? Only reason I asked is I've just googled my local epu and it IS open on a Saturday until 3.30 which I never knew!! So it may be worth seeing if yours is open Xxx

I always have problems when getting blood taken. I have a damaged vein in my arm due to a blood test that went wrong. The nurse who does my 21 bloods has shown me exactly where my vein is now so I can point it out when I go get bloods done. So far I've had no problems since showing them, and it's only a tiny vein!

Anyway enough about me! Will be thinking of u tomorrow and Monday! Not long to wait! Enjoy the sunshine and relax. Xx

Hope ur bean is snug hun, thinking of u. If its any help when I had my mc it was like a really heavy period with bright red blood and really bad period pains in my back. Its sounding promising for u xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks girls.
Double checked my epu and it's definitely not open on Saturdays or Sundays. Guess Monday isn't too far away.

Yep it was a tiny vein they ended up using for me too Charlie. They needed to take 4 tubes worth so took bloody ages!! The one they ended up using was a tiny one in my wrist. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back