Now im bleeding! Waiting for call from EPU

x Naomi x

Reaction score
Ok just woke up at 7 for a wee and when i wiped there was a streak of blood on the tissue, so wiped again and there is light pink/brown on the tissue

Really trying not to worry but as i posted yesterday about my symptoms not being as strong and now this i am getting very worried,

Just been back to the loo - sorry if TMI and rolled a little bit of tissue and put it up there and nothing on the tissue, would a miscarriage be red to start with and there all the time if you know what i mean?

Theres no blood on my knickers or anything so dont know what to do

Was meant to be cleaning the house from top to bottom today do i still do that?

We were taking my in laws out tonight to tell them about the baby, now i dont think theres any point?

I got that at five weeks too, DO NOT WORRY. By the sounds of it, mine was slightly heavier, too. It was brown and sludgish, and some was just pale pink. It was accompanied by some cramping.

I say, don't worry. Unless you start bleeding heavily, and you get terrible cramps, you have nothing to worry about. Light bleeding in pregnancy is so normal. :hug: :hug:

Thanks hun, ive just had a scout through some of the other bleeding posts knocking around and they all seem to say the same so trying not to worry, its just like a really light brown tint if you get what i mean with a little pink so will try and go back to bed for abit

i wouldnt worry either hun i had bleeding at 5/6 weeks to and alot more than u describe i think you will be fine but i would go steady with the cleaning today, good excuse to get oh to do it

Dont clean - it'll all be there next week so think you will do it then - my gran used to say "nobody died from a little bit of dust!" Take time out for yourself today - put your feet up and see how you feel later ........

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Morning sweeite :hug: :hug:
Like the other ladies have said, bleeding is very common. If it has stopped and there is no pain that is a very good sign. I would not bother cleaning. Put your feet up and take it easy today.
Thinking of you :hug:

No more blood at the minute, told OH when he woke up and he has been great at reassuring me, he was asking me if id had any pain etc - i reckon he has been on here secretly!

Not gonna to anything too energetic today though, might do abit of sweeping if anything

OH reckons we should still tell his parents today so think we probably will we are taking them out for sunday lunch

I'm sure nothing awful is going to happen but even if you tell them and it does at least they will be able to support you through it - when I had my two I told my parents and oh parents early on, its good to have someone to talk to about worries etc. Having said all that you will be fine I'm sure - read all the posts on here, lots of people seem to experience this and go on to have very healthy little babies x x x x

No No No... don't do anything physical... !!!

Just rest... When I started bleeding I was told that lots of physical movement was very bad when blood was seen... You can sit and lie down, but not sweep and clean...

Trust me, the dirt and the dust will still be there tomorrow... and unless the queen is coming to your house there really isn't any reason to put yourself and your baby under any stress... Just take it easy.. Usually bleeding is the body's way of telling you to slow down because it's already working very hard growing a baby... and thats a very difficult and time consuming job... let your body rest. :hug: :hug: :hug:

same thing happened with me last night before i went to bed, and ive had really bad stomach cramps all day today. it wasnt a lot of blood just bits on the tissue...sorry to be so gross.
i did speak to the nurse at my doctors about my cramps on friday and she said its fine unless it gets so bad i can't walk or start bleeding, so im just gonna try not to worry

Well no more problems today had no pain whatsoever so i think its probably just having a clear out down there!

Took inlaws out for sunday lunch and gave them the news, my father in law was in tears bless him so happy!

Hope your ok gangofin try not to worry to much :hug: :hug:

I had some spotting at 5 weeks. When I asked my midwife about it she said it's probably due to implantation. Take it easy though just in case :hug: :hug:

Great news NW1 Im sure everything is going to be ok...... Father in Laws are the best, shame they are married to mother in laws!!

reallyoldmum said:
Great news NW1 Im sure everything is going to be ok...... Father in Laws are the best, shame they are married to mother in laws!!

:rotfl:

still got bad cramps.
ive always suffered with really bad period pains anyway, but usually i dose myself up to the eyeballs so i don't feel much, but i can't do that.
the pains im getting now feel exactly the same as the ones i usually get a couple of days before i actually come on.
i think i might just ring the doctors again tomorrow and speak to the nurse, she'll probably just say the same as the other day but i dont care, it'll make me feel better..slighty..i think

I had a little bleeding at around 5 or 6 weeks. I'd been to the doctor the day before (about my back) and told him I had some spotting and he told me if it got worse to get a blood test done. The next day when I wiped it was red blood and I was convinced all my symptoms had gone and everyone says how bad that is so I panicked and got an appointment half an hour later to get a blood test!

I had to wait 4 working days for the results (and I have no idea what the results were supposed to be as I thought you needed 2 blood tests a few days apart) and as those 4 days were over the weekend that made 6 days. By that point I knew I was still pregnant (because of my breasts mostly, plus the incredible fatigue and the nausea) so have to admit I didn't even bother to call for the results. :oops:

However at 8 weeks when I had my midwife appointment and told her, her face looked a bit like this :shock:
She asked if the doctor had sent me for a scan, which he hadn't, so she gave me the number of the scan place at hospital and told me to call them if I bleed again rather than the doctor.

I know that services are different in different places (I'm in Aberdeen, if that helps) but it might be worth getting in touch with your doctor to find out what's on offer for you.

Take care of yourself! :hug:

Morning everyone!

Still getting a little brown on my tissue when i wipe, no pains still though,

Rang my local doctors who said all our midwives are off sick at the moment so they gave me the number for the on call midwife at the local hospital,

She was really nice and said that hopefully it would just settle down, but if it continued the same for 2 days to call or if it got worse at all to call straight away and they would get me referred to the EPU

glad your ok hun and it hasnt got any worse alot of ladies say they get the brown blood stuff seems more comman to get it then not to get it :D
manda xx

I'm sure its nothing sweetie - but its nice that they are taking you seriously and giving you the option to ring them again if you feel you need to.

Take it easy and look after yourself.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Well had nothing yesterday, woke up for a wee at 5 and there was a red blood streak on the tissue, none on my underwear at all just when i wipe again, got up at 8 and nothing there so had a little fish around sorry if TMI! there is a little of the brown stuff floating about up there but not making an appearance!

It seems to be happening overnight and then nothing all day, rang the on call midwife who is going to get EPU to ring me to see whether they want me in or not

Has anyone else had this> its driving me crazy,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back