Now im bleeding! Waiting for call from EPU

I bled 4 times in 1st tri - If you read my blog you will see exactly what happened etc. There was never any explanation for it and all has been fine. It may be that you're having a small bleed overnight of old blood and you;re seeing it first thing because of this...

When you lay down in bed, any blood in your cervix will "pool" so when you stand up or go to the loo, it will come down and may even sometimes look like there is more than there is. If it is brown blood I honestly wouldn't worry (well, i would because I am a big time worrier!!!) but I wouldn't worry as i really, honestly and truly don't think that there is anything bad going on with you.

If you can get yourself a re-assurance scan (I had 3), then do so. They're great for just putting your mind at rest.

Good luck xxx

nw1 said:
Well had nothing yesterday, woke up for a wee at 5 and there was a red blood streak on the tissue, none on my underwear at all just when i wipe again, got up at 8 and nothing there so had a little fish around sorry if TMI! there is a little of the brown stuff floating about up there but not making an appearance!

It seems to be happening overnight and then nothing all day, rang the on call midwife who is going to get EPU to ring me to see whether they want me in or not

Has anyone else had this> its driving me crazy,

hunny i hope everything is ok, but to be sure i would go to hospital, early unit if you have one. When i had a bleed they were fansatic & done everything they could, but i would suggest you have a few days bed rest!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I'm sure all will be fine NW1 - it only sounds as if its a tiny bit and you dont mention any really bad pains..... Hopefully they will call you in for a scan and it will put your mind at rest. x x x x

NW1 I am so sorry you are going through this you must be on absolute tender hooks!! I hope you get a scan or something soon just to put your mind at rest. :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Hope you're ok. Definately try and get a scan, it will put your mind at rest

Thanks everyone, still waiting for a call from EPU the midwife said they should hopefully ring today, ill go crazy if they dont, do i have to wait till they ring me?

She asked me when my last positive test was - i did a digital on monday afternoon,

She seemed quite positive that i hadnt had any pain, i had a bit of backache last night near my kidneys but that was all,

I think its the loss of symptoms as well thats making me paranoid,

Theres a private scan clinic about 14 miles away from me, i dont know whether i should just go there and spend £75 to see whats going on, the suspense is eating me up!

I have to be honest if I was in your position and I could afford it I think I would - but then I'm not a very patient person!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Can someone advise me please? I'm 5 weeks pregnant and have just started bleeding, usually only when I go to the loo. I pass about a tablespoon's worth each time of bright red blood which has really panicked me! I went to see the GP yesterday who didnt seem at all concerned and advised me that lots of women bleed during early pregnancy. I wasnt at all reassured though! I also have a urinary tract infection at the minute, something I suffer from on a recurrent basis due to kidney trouble, and she says the bleeding could be related to this. Has anyone got any advice for me? This will be my fourth pregnancy but I have never bled during pregnancy before, hence my concerns!

Hi honey
I had some brown discharge for two days when I was 5-6 weeks and was very panicky as I had a m/c in march. When I did m/c it was very painful and I got red blood quite quickly and still had ymptoms, although the red bleeding went on for a week, it wasn't brown like you are describing over night.
got all my fingers and toes crossed for you and an early scan will put your mind at ease
take carex

Thanks for the advice and I'm sorry about your m/c in March :hug: The GP didn't seem worried at all and wasn't willing to send me for a scan so not sure how I'd go about getting one? She's booked me in to see the midwife but that's not until 12th Oct. Just been to the loo again and passed another tablespoonful of red blood.. I can't help but feel worried, even though she's assured me that it's probably down to the infection.

I've had 6 pregnancies - first 2 ended in miscarriage, next fine, next two bled in early weeks but went to term and healthy babies - this one no bleeding so far but some cramps - I am very lucky here to have 2 great EPADS 10 miles either side - seeing a gp have been referred each time for an early scan which has either reassured or confirmed miscarriage but at least it takes away the worry - bleeding in early pregnancy is soooo common and doesnt mean you will necessarily miscarry - when i was working (as a GP) I saw a woman at about 11 weeks with incredibly heavy bleeding worse than a period and severe pain - I thought it was a miscarriage or ectopic and had her admitted urgently by ambulance - it stopped and she went to term with a healthy baby.

really hope all those who are bleeding/worried get some support from an understanding gp and a scan

mclaren....the fact your only passing blood when going to the loo is a good sign. More likely to be kidney related. I think pregnancy related bleeding would happen at any time, you'd have to wear a panty liner.
I hope it clears up soon, try not to worry. You did the right thing by seeing the doctor :hug: :hug: :hug:

In my first preg I bled on and off every week or so for the first twelve weeks. Most of the time it was brown and every now and then red and I thought game over and it was not.

Ironically when I MC in January I did not even bleed or anything as my body would not reject even though it had gone, so i had to go to hospital twice (long story).

This time around I am spotting little bits of brown but I think it's implantation stuff.

Good luck mate I am sure you are fine, it's just the pain you don't want then I would worry.

Well ive got a private scan booked for 7PM and it is nearer to me than the EPU is so that good!

Its £75 well spent in my book at least i will know either way then!

They also said if EPU rang me before that and offered me a free one then there is no problem in cancelling,

Now i need a full bladder so if my scan is at 7pm when should i last go for a wee? :rotfl:

Thats great news nw1, definately money well spent. And you never know, epu may still call offering you a scan. Good luck :hug: :hug: :hug:

I had a wee when I got up this morning at 6am, then drank 3 glasses of water during the next couple of hours. By the time I went for my scan at 9.15am I felt like I needed a wee but wasn't bursting. The sonographer commented on how full my bladder was, it looked huge compared to my poor little baby :lol:

Oh i dont know if i could hold it 3 hours even without the drinks!

I spose i will have to empty my bladder for the vaginal scan if i need that anyhow!

I don't think you need a full bladder for an internal anyway. You can always down a couple glasses of water in an emergency

She said that on some people they only need to do the abdominal scan so they are gonna try that one first and then i'll just have to run to the loo i suppose if they need to do the other one!

Thhis morning i had both an external (which i needed a full bladder for) and an internal (asked to empty my bladder for that one!)

One thing i was worried about was that i couldn't see every much (just what looked like a black hole) but they re-assureed me everthing was fine. Hope the scan this afternoon goes well and let us know how you get on x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back