Oh god...

naomi88

Reaction score
Oh shit, i just got home from work, went to the toilet to find blood in my knickers. I wiped and there was no more blood, but there was a fair bit on my knickers... no clots and it was a dark reddy brown colour.

Shit what if i am losing it??? I am freaking out. And my husband is at work. Don't know whether to call him or leave it til he gets home at midnight... Got our early scan that we are paying for privately on Monday... do i wait til then or try and see a doctor tomorrow?

I don't know what to do with myself. I haven't got any pain. Had a slightly cramp this morning but nothing that strong.

Oh god i can't lose this baby...

Oh Naomi I'm so sorry to hear this!
Try not to worry too much as I had the same thing, even had some tiny clots, between 5-6 weeks and everything was ok at the scan. If you can get to see a doctor then they will be able to book you in for an early scan, maybe on Friday? It's an awful thing to experience, but it is so common when you start talking to people. I would say that of the women I know who have had children, 50% at least had some bleeding.
Stay positive! Xx

Last edited:
Try not to panic, a lot of people have bleeding early in pregnancy, easier said than done i know! I would ring the doctors/midwifes and see what they say, they might get you in for a scan earlier. Fx that everything is ok x

Try not to panic to much I know it's hard. Sometimes a bleed means nothing but best to get checked. Call the epu they will probably scan you tomorrow. Call your hubby i think he would rather know now so he can help you. Dont leave it until Monday. I bleed every time I over do things and I know when I need to slow down. It could be a number of things. More of them nothing to worry about than something to worry about. Fx for you x

Last edited:
Ring the doctors, see if they can get you a scan before the weekend. Fingers crossed it's nothing xx

Oh no. Is definitely go your doctors or A&E. It may be nothing but just for peace of mind. You could ring your local EPU but depending on your area some are referral only ( mine is anyway) xxx

Thanks everyone. I hoped i was one of the lucky ones as hadn't had any bleeding so far. Just called hubby and he said to monitor it for a few hours and if it continues/gets heavier he'll come home and we'll book an appointment.

I really hope it doesn't mean anything bad. Got a massive headache too today and was looking forward to a chilled evening in but going to be worrying all night now. Will ring my surgery tomorrow to see if i can get an appointment. Trouble is i am on a training course on Friday which i really can't afford to miss... urgh why can't we all have stress free pregnancies??? Xx

I was saying to my OH tonight why can't we just get pregnant and things be fine!! Argh. I am stressing as I've had a scan today and there is a bleed by the sac. I wish pregnancy could be enjoyable and stress free. Hope your bleeding eases xxxx

Oh...Really hope you get your appointment honey! I'm sure everything is okay xx

Try not to worry...i'm going thru this too, ring your GP..they will see you and book a early scan

Try and rest as much was you can xx

All the best xx

I was saying to my OH tonight why can't we just get pregnant and things be fine!! Argh. I am stressing as I've had a scan today and there is a bleed by the sac. I wish pregnancy could be enjoyable and stress free. Hope your bleeding eases xxxx

Thank you.. hope things turn out fine for you too. The stress is bloody never ending isnt it!! Xx

Got my fx for you Naomi ..... God I thought Ttc was stressful, this is a whole other level!! Xxxx

Hey hun only found out i was pg fri and then sat night when i went to bed i found that i had some brown blood.

I was terrifed and thought that this is it im guna lose the baby i have fought for 2 long yrs for!! I cried myself to sleep in hubbys arms. Luckly tho it was then only there when i wiped for sunday and has dissappered altogether now(fx)so im sure it will all be ok hun.

Wud defo give the docs/mw a ring if it carries on or gets any worse.

I think we are all guna spend the next 8 months stressing and worrying!!!

Michelle. x

Aww hun, you must feel so stressed so best to see doc/epu as soon as poss to relieve the stress more than anything as that won't do you any good. It's most likely nothing to worry about but best to be on the safe side. Xxx

Thank you girls. I just went to the loo again and there's no blood so starting to calm down a bit... if i don't get anymore i may leave it til Monday for my private scan. Going to be on knicker watch til then though...

Xx

I would still try and get an appointment hun to put your mind at rest x

Naomi, I've just come home from work and had some blood when I wiped!!!! It was minimal and quite light in colour but absolutely shitting myself now. Shock horror my husband is travelling for work again and isn't here.

Tri 1 has been so stressful and up and down for me so far. I just want the joy and the morning sickness, I can't handle all this hard stuff!!!

Hope you're ok xxx

Naomi, I've just come home from work and had some blood when I wiped!!!! It was minimal and quite light in colour but absolutely shitting myself now. Shock horror my husband is travelling for work again and isn't here.

Tri 1 has been so stressful and up and down for me so far. I just want the joy and the morning sickness, I can't handle all this hard stuff!!!

Hope you're ok xxx

Aw no hun we're both having a shitty day then. So sorry it's happening again for you. Have you called your OH?
Hopefully both our little beans are still snug in there...
I really thought id left the stress behind when i left ttc. Never realised how much stress would be involved in tri 1 too!

Hope you're ok xx

Stay calm.....I know it's very stressful! There is less to worry about if it is dark red/brown blood, as this is 'old' blood. If it is bright red (and if you have pain/cramps) its much more of a concern.

Definitely get checked, but in the meantime stay positive, am sure that you and bump are fine x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back