*******~~~October Mummies~~~*******

Got my GTT results through the post today, all perfectly normal - good stuff. TBH I didn;t think there would be anything wrong but I know they like to check these things out.

It is only 10.30 and I am already struggliing wuth the heat today. OH has gone out to work on the car but before he left he filled the fridge with bottles of water and squash for me, bless! Got to start packing for camp today, I am taking my 5yo with me so he is all excited about that as well.

Just trying to find things to do indoors today as I had promised I would take him out for a bike ride but it is just too hot for that. How is everyone else today?

im not too hot yet today, we have a fan on in the office but tbh it looks grey and cloudy outside so maybe the bad heat is yet to make it here!! xxx

Is the whooping cough vaccine just a normal needle or a big one, just with people saying they hurt a lot. Or is it just afterwards.
I'm team yellow thanks. Woo for October mums :D xx

Have also stocked my fridge up with squash, am so hot already and meant to be going shopping with my aunty a bit later, think I'm going to melt! I also got my GTT results yest and all clear but have been told I have anaemia so now got to start taking iron tablets. Other than that all seems good, MW also measured baby and he is measuring 29 weeks so slightly ahead but she said that's fine.

Hope all the other October mummies are doing well? Xxx

I'm doing ok although the heat is pretty intense for this early I was melting at 10am this morn had mw test all seems fine so far I was 27+5 yest still measuring ahead ATM at 30 cm but according to growth scan all normal so I guess I will b size of house come October glad everyone else is ok xx

Well I am struggling, I am boiling!!!! and my feet are puffing up nicely so i have had to take my sandals off, I am at work which doesnt help as all I want to do is be at home with my feet in ice cold water!!! I think I actually just said to my colleague I cant wait for winter, never said that in my life, I didnt mean it really!!! xxx

OH MY GOD. I AM MELTING. I went in to work today just to check on all my staff, and ended up working myself, we were so busy with the sunshine and people eating in the garden. Not good, I have been running up and down the garden with food. Feet swollen and very over heated, vegging on the sofa now with an ice lolly! I have got to stop working!!!!!!!!!

In other exciting news, our car seat arrived today....it is very surreal having it in the house, the dog was very interested in it :lol:

Jess the whooping cough vaccine, is just a normal needle. I barely felt it. It was pretty sore and bruised for a couple of days afterwards, but nothing unbearable, just irritating more than anything!

How are we today girls?

I'm still feeling wiped out after working way too much yesterday. I have done nothing other than have a mooch around Marks and Spencer - just put my feet up, and even had a little afternoon nap, which I never do!!

About to order my nursery furniture!

Oooh, what nursery furniture have you picked Gemsy? I need to order mine soon but haven't quite made up my mind yet and hubby is indecisive too x

I'm so achy today, feel really heavy, and can't stop peeing!!! Got to see my sisters baby today though for a while and he cheered me up, adorable, makes me so excited xxx

I have just put lil mans wall stickers on so exciting gettin the nursery looking like I want! Pic is abit dodgy as taken on panoramic view thing on iphoneimage.jpg

Oooh, what nursery furniture have you picked Gemsy? I need to order mine soon but haven't quite made up my mind yet and hubby is indecisive too x

I've gone for the Summer Oak from Mothercare, they have a good deal on at the moment on their nursery furniture. I was trawling Mamas and Papas and John Lewis, but I just couldn't find one I really liked (apart from the really expensive sets which I can't stretch to!)

I've gone for the Summer Oak from Mothercare, they have a good deal on at the moment on their nursery furniture. I was trawling Mamas and Papas and John Lewis, but I just couldn't find one I really liked (apart from the really expensive sets which I can't stretch to!)

That's lovely Gemsy and a really good price!! For some reason my Hubby has taken a really keen interest in the nursery furniture so it's taken us ages to decide. I've seen one which I really like but would only get the cotbed and changing table/dresser as there are built in wardrobes in the baby's room so that keeps the cost down a bit. It doesn't help that we do our 'debating' via Skype as he's still overseas so I'll need to push him for a decision and get it ordered. Time is flying by so quickly!! x

I'm so achy today, feel really heavy, and can't stop peeing!!! Got to see my sisters baby today though for a while and he cheered me up, adorable, makes me so excited xxx

I've been the same Rebecca, feel like I've got a lot of pressure low down and that baby is pushing on my bladder all the time. I had one of those 4d scans yesterday and she confirmed that baby is still head down so I'm guessing that's why. Also gave an estimate of the weight and seems like a bit of a chubster :shock: x

That's lovely Gemsy and a really good price!! For some reason my Hubby has taken a really keen interest in the nursery furniture so it's taken us ages to decide. I've seen one which I really like but would only get the cotbed and changing table/dresser as there are built in wardrobes in the baby's room so that keeps the cost down a bit. It doesn't help that we do our 'debating' via Skype as he's still overseas so I'll need to push him for a decision and get it ordered. Time is flying by so quickly!! x

We have built in wardrobes too, but OH has all his clothes in there and I don't hold out much hope of them being emptied by the time the baby has arrived, so I decided to just order the wardrobe too! :lol:

It is flying past - my mum is coming over to do the decorating with me, I've been waiting for her to get back from holiday and I feel like the clock is ticking!

I feel really big now, over the last week I have really expanded. I feel HEAVY and shoes and socks are getting challenging! Even heaving myself in and out of the bath is a military operation - god knows what I'm going to be like at the end! :lol:

I've been the same Rebecca, feel like I've got a lot of pressure low down and that baby is pushing on my bladder all the time. I had one of those 4d scans yesterday and she confirmed that baby is still head down so I'm guessing that's why. Also gave an estimate of the weight and seems like a bit of a chubster :shock: x

aw how exciting, i have a 4d scan a week on monday and i cant wait!!! xxx

Ended up Skyping with hubby at lunchtime (I'm working today) and he added our nursery furniture to the basket. He was getting a bit carried away though and by the time I left him he'd added a baby bath which weighs the baby and tells you the temperature!! and also a potty lol. God knows what will arrive over the coming weeks. Glad it's done though as that's our last bg purchase :)

I'm starting to feel really big too and I agree that getting anywhere near my feet is an issue now. I haven't worn socks for ages so it's slip ons all the way but getting underwear on in the morning is interesting :)

I'm going to google how much weight baby puts on each week in the last trimester to scare myself! x

aw how exciting, i have a 4d scan a week on monday and i cant wait!!! xxx

It was great and so cute to see it moving about. I could feel it kicking and as there's a slight delay in the image you feel it before you see it on screen. In reality I now know that my kicks are baby kicking itself in the head :) x

I had my 28 week midwife appointment this morning. All still looking good. A student midwife took my blood. She was so sweet but when she had done my blood I leaked everywhere! Ooops - big bruise and blood all over the place.

Lovely to hear the heart again although I still don't associate the heartbeat with a baby. Sausage Roll was apparently being feisty though as it kept kicking the doppler away. Got told again that I have a lovely little bump, measuring a little bit small but perfectly formed and it makes me so happy to hear that :)

I'm jolly today, how's everyone else feeling?

Great news glad all is going well. I found that when I heard heartbeat at 28 week appointment, just didn't seem real that it belonged to my baby!!

I'm good, beginning to feel massive already, doesn't help that my husband keeps telling me I look huge, baby was measuring 1 week ahead but MW said that was perfectly fine. Am taking iron tablets now as bloods showed I was anaemic and glad side effects have settled now :roll: hope everyone else is doing okay? Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back