*******~~~October Mummies~~~*******

Done my anti-d

And either I've got braver or it hurt less than ivf injections :)

ah ok thanks, got abit worried then as no one has mentioned one to me so guessing I dont need one! xxx

No, when you have your first lot of bloods done at 8 -10 weeks (cant remember when i had it done now lol) one of the tests is to check your blood type, if you are rh neg your midwife would have told you definitely :) xxx

They stamped it in red on the front of my notes and gave me lots of leaflets at 12 wk scan

Its interesting hearing you all talk about Rhesus Neg, as my OH was a Rhesus baby, and back then, they didn't routinely test, so he nearly died when he was born, he had to have 3 blood transfusions! Amazing how such a routine thing now used to be so life threatening.

Its interesting hearing you all talk about Rhesus Neg, as my OH was a Rhesus baby, and back then, they didn't routinely test, so he nearly died when he was born, he had to have 3 blood transfusions! Amazing how such a routine thing now used to be so life threatening.

Wow! That's actually terrifying when you think about it?! How far back was that?

Wow! That's actually terrifying when you think about it?! How far back was that?

Nearly 47 years...and in South Africa, so the medical care not as good as the UK anyway. He was considered quite a miracle at the time, I believe!

Had my whooping cough today next week my anti-D then the following week my vitamin B12 injection what fun lol.

I haven't been offered any jabs for whopping cough or anything else.... Should I ask about that?

I got told to get flu jab and whooping cough. I'm having the whooping done by the nurse at my GPs which is what my MW said to do. The flu jab however seems impossible to get round here because its out I'd season and doesn't get stocked again until my due date! Bit confused as to how I'm supposed to get my flu jab.

Using Tapatalk can't see no tickers grrrrr.

My mw asked me at 28 week apointment if I'd booked whooping cough vaccine with the nurse yet so I guess I need to do it myself!

Had my whooping cough jab on Friday and boy did my arm ache. The ache/pain lasted all weekend. But I'm all better now. :)

I haven't been offered any jabs for whopping cough or anything else.... Should I ask about that?
I don't think you have to get it but they advise you to. You book it yourself at the doctors when your 28 wks x

Okay thanks. This is my first pregnancy and my MW doesn't seem to tell me or explain much to me so glad I have this forum to find out things that I haven't been to,d about. Will call my surgery and ask about it then.

X

Yep, you have to book it yourself hun. MW should really have told you though - they have a load of NHS leaflets about the vaccine!

Ooooh...exciting few days for me!! I put my paint sample up in the baby's room today! So Monday the furniture arrives, and Tuesday my mum and I are getting painting (while OH and my dad go and play golf....how did that happen?! :lol: )

CANNOT wait :)

I had my whooping cough today, was ok and feel fine, hopefully will stay that way! I had to book my own appointment with the nurse too x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back