~~~~~~********November Mummies********~~~~~~

At least my friend who's due two days after me hasn't had hers yet either...

Hi all. Just wanted to let you know that I had a lovely baby boy on 14th November, weighing 8lb 7oz. Labour was going quite well up until the last hour or so when he seemed to start to struggle to recover from contractions, and eventually ended up in theatre for a forceps delivery, but managed to avoid a c section when he came out with a third and final tug!! Had to have a big fat episiotomy though :-(

Went into labour a day after sweep number one, so fingers crossed for anyone booked in for one!

Pethadin is amazing, FYI ;-)

Lots of luck for the rest of you November mommies to be :) xxx

That's certainly something at least, knowing you wont have longer than a week before the labour.
No such luck at my end, ive got an appointment at the hospital for the 29th when ill be 41wks to discuss options.

Ive got in my notes that I absolutely dont want forceps, and if my body hasnt made any progress on its own by 41wks, ie no dilation, then I dont want an induction which would most likely take days and end up in needing instrumental intervention, id rather have a calm, planned section. Im not one of those women that needs to go through birth, I dont think its "magical", I think its all a bit prehistoric actually. Growing the baby is the miracle, not the extraction!

My ideal scenario is to give birth in the pool fairly naturally, especially with my SPD, but if that option is slipping away then id rather just get it over with!

Congratulations junebug! (You just had my nightmare birth! Lol) what a nice chunky weight, have you decided on a name? Xx

Gah, I'm still waiting, 11 days overdue :-(

Oh god, you poor poor woman! :shock: If I get that far I'll be a nightmare. Id camp out in the triage room and throw a tantrum til they agreed to get him out!

The waiting is just so frustrating! I really feel for any of you ladies who go over, it's not much fun.

Fingers crossed your blue bundle is kind to you Pippa.

That's certainly something at least, knowing you wont have longer than a week before the labour.
No such luck at my end, ive got an appointment at the hospital for the 29th when ill be 41wks to discuss options.

Ive got in my notes that I absolutely dont want forceps, and if my body hasnt made any progress on its own by 41wks, ie no dilation, then I dont want an induction which would most likely take days and end up in needing instrumental intervention, id rather have a calm, planned section. Im not one of those women that needs to go through birth, I dont think its "magical", I think its all a bit prehistoric actually. Growing the baby is the miracle, not the extraction!

My ideal scenario is to give birth in the pool fairly naturally, especially with my SPD, but if that option is slipping away then id rather just get it over with!

I'm with you on all of this Pippa! I really, really, really do not want forceps!

My ideal is in the pool too, think it would ease a bit of the pressure on the SPD which seems to be coming back stronger every day. Waahhh!

:dance:
Congratulations junebug! (You just had my nightmare birth! Lol) what a nice chunky weight, have you decided on a name? Xx

It was a nightmare in one sense, but if guess I'm just so grateful that the professionals made the right decisions at the right times. It's unlikely you'll need forceps anyway, but I guess the only advice I have, is if things do go downhill, for whatever reason, just try to trust the docs and midwives. Focus on not getting yourself in a state and know that everything they do is to get baby here safe and sound. It might not always be what you expect or want, but when all is said and done, all that matters is that they get here.

His name is Bailey :)

Congrats junebug :)

Pippa I know what you mean as don't feel like I've missed out on labour. Not being up and about as quick as natural labour ladies is frustrating, but I guess there are pros and cons for each. X

"Any day now! " lol this is Deans sense of humour....

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384882796215.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384882796215.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 20
Jessica born on 18th nov 7lb 1oz :)
Queue jumping paid for by very long hard labour!!!
Hope all the ladies waiting have those babies soon :)
Pippa, love the photo!!!

Another queue jumper - Emily born 18th nov 10.32 by planned section due to breech. She was 6lb 8oz

Congratulations fliss!

I'm so jealous yet absolutely petrified lol. I've got a spa day on Saturday so baby can come anytime after that

Nope, back to being jealous again! Why is everyone having babies and I'm not?! ARGH!

I'm jealous too, 12 days over boo hoo. Will be our turn soon though ladies!x

Argh! Is it me or is everyone else getting induced or going early? It's not fair! Come on November babies, shape up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back