Names: Favourite Book/Film/Song

star fish

Reaction score
I'm a bit of a geek and wanted to chose names from Lord of the Rings, Like Arwen and Galadriel. Or maybe something from Shakespeare like Hero or Lysander. Something that was very definitely from those books/plays and not just an everyday name.

However, as you can foresee from the names I have chosen my DH thought I was having a laugh and suggested Gandalf, Gimli son of Gloin and Bilbo as counter suggestions! Pillock.

But maybe he has a point. I just wondered if anyone else was tempted by names from favourite books or films etc?

No I agree there are some lovely names in films. books

For a girl , I was going to use Lyra from the Phillip Pullman books, Northern lights series. (Most people know one as the golden compass ). But the books are sooo much better than that nasty film version.

We are having a boy called Devon, (out of knightrider , the original versions!) so like more usnual names too

I hadnt thought of it, but what a lovely idea :)

Ooh I love the philip Pullman books, am re-reading The Subtle Knife at the moment!!

I thought of another - Am completely in love with the film It's a Wonderful Life - I make the whole family watch it every year on Christmas Day. I wanted to name a child after a character from that I was going to go for George or Harry, after George Bailey or his brother but since the names have become so popular recently I have rather gone off them.

I like the little girl Zuzu. But I'm not sure I could really be that cruel. I was thinking maybe Bailey? How does that sound as a name? And then they would be named from the film. Once again though my OH thinks it's crackers

i was named after a french singer cherelle - pronounced cher - elle (not cheryl!!) and i love my name, havent really thought of any from films that i like but it will get me thinking now! x

Me and my OH are big Battlestar Galactica fans, the newer series, not the 70's version so we thought we would name our baby after a couple of the characters.

Kara Athena or Caprica Athena for a girl

William Leoben or Leigh Adam

Our last name is Bayfield so they all go quite well,

I thought of Lyra too, its a lovely name.

My favorite name at the moment is Pixie!

I really liked Arwen from LOTR as well. Also Kahlan from a book series called The Sword of Truth, both girl names.

Me and my OH are big Battlestar Galactica fans, the newer series, not the 70's version

Ooooh! Me too! I used to watch 2 or 3 episodes a night if I could! I'm not usually a fan of sci fi but I was totally addicted to Battlestar!!

Athena is lovely as is Hera! xx

I have never thought of it, but what a great idea :yay:

I have a friend whose parents are LoTR obsessed, he's called Rohan... and he's a rider too! :lol:

Cool! I like his parents already :)

Just come back from seeing Spamalot with Marcus Brigstock as Arthur King of the Britons. Remembered how much I liked the Camelot ledgents. Thinking of good Arthurian names now (not to mention Marcus himself who I was at University with and think he was fab tonight)

Cool! I like his parents already :)

Just come back from seeing Spamalot with Marcus Brigstock as Arthur King of the Britons. Remembered how much I liked the Camelot ledgents. Thinking of good Arthurian names now (not to mention Marcus himself who I was at University with and think he was fab tonight)

Well actually I was watching Merlin the other night on the prowl for names... haha!

Me and my OH are big Battlestar Galactica fans, the newer series, not the 70's version

Ooooh! Me too! I used to watch 2 or 3 episodes a night if I could! I'm not usually a fan of sci fi but I was totally addicted to Battlestar!!

Athena is lovely as is Hera! xx

It's so hard not to get addicted to it. lol. Tried to watch Caprica on sky 1, but that took ages to get going and I lost interest. It might have been something to do with the lack of Lee Adama. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back