Your favourite Holiday

Robyn_

Reaction score
Was just wondering what you favourite Holiday was
or like somewhere that you would love to go!

*here comes*
My favourite holiday was like 2 years ago.
i went to New Zealand with my dad and his mate and his family, and i cant explain how much i loved it, it was an amazing expierience it was something i never thought id be able to do.
sitting there watching the sun rise over these mountains. id do ANYTHING to go back there.
i did some really amazing things out there aswell.
i went swiming with dolphins, but unfortunatly couldnt find any and we got the trip for free!
whale watching and saw 3 whales, and normally your lucky if you find 1.
the girls went horse riding on the Horses out of lord of the rings, and one of them was the actual horse orlando bloom had in the films.
went to the glacia place where the orignial foxs glacia idea came from.. oh i did loads of stuff.. ill try find some pictures and show you all =]

im running on so ill stop now.

what about you guys?

my fav was when i was 16 me and my family went orlando america and went to all the theme parks i loved it :D

haven't been on hoilday since then :cry:

probably best place i have been in Florida, been twice and loved it!! all those rides - its soooooooo exciting :D

do like relaxed holidays though, and probably say when me and DF went to Crete in 2005, it is such a lovely island :D

2 places i want to go, New Yorks (would love to go before they build on Ground Zero, but cant afford it!! :( ) and to Marritus (spel?) i would love to get married there, but again, too expensive - well a girl can dream cant she? :roll: :lol:

My fav has to have been our honeymoon! We went to Houston first to see all hubbys family that couldnt make it to the wedding and they threw us a wee party, then we went to Acapulco in Mexico for 10days then we went to New Orleans for 5 days and then back to Houston for 3 days before heading home.

I LOVED Mexico!!

I also enjoyed St.Lucia, I went there when I was 14.... think I just liked it for my holiday romance!! :wink:

last yr was my fav hol
it was my first with Braydon and it was great
we went to the dordogne in France and stayed in a private villa really enjoyed it

Mine has to be the 3 weeks in Hawaii on honeymoon last year we had an absolutely fabulous time :lol:. I want to got back.

I lived on Koh Tao in Thailand for 6 months working as a scuba instructor. It's just a totally different way of life over there. I'll take the kids there one day and show Mason where he was made :lol:

My favourite holiday as a child was the Norfolk Broads for a week in the summer every year!! Had the best time EVER! and got the BIGGESt craving for it at the moment, think it reminds me of such good times that I want my LO to enjoy!

My favourite holiday as an adult has been the past two years in Ibiza with my OH. Nothing better than watching the sunset with a large jug of sangria! Or driving around exploring all the lovely coves and villages!

Great times!!

Angela & bump xx

New York, New York. I really love the USA and especially New York (esp in summer), just such an exciting city in so many ways and beats London hands down. I would move there in an instant if I could.

my fav holiday was last june with my husband we went to butlins in minehead (somerset) the weather was baking hot everyday, we had saved loads of money so we could do what we wanted and not have to worry which was fab,

i havent been abroad since i was 10 years old so i really enjoy british holidays and i think that if we can get the weather over here its fab.

im really craving a holiday atm,
just to sit and not have to wory about anything at home

Becky, my folks live in Watchet just down the coast from Minehead so i usually get a week down there in the summer.

The best BY FAR is our secret highland retreat, we found this cottage last year and honeymooned in it, the island is only 2 miles across, and has no roads, tv or telephone...the cottage itself sits in the woods like a fairytale cottage and is soooo cosy and romantic.

The island can only be accessed by boat, and a man comes to take you across and return, but you need to take everyone with you.

Its one of the best places for wildlife we've been in Scotland, last time we had pine martins, red squirrels, sea eagles, seals, otters, stags/deer and even a whopping basking shark to watch!

The one thing it doesnt have is humans!!! only saw the boatman the entire week!

Best thing is we're back there again a week tomorrow! 2nd HM!

sparky said:
Becky, my folks live in Watchet just down the coast from Minehead so i usually get a week down there in the summer.

The best BY FAR is our secret highland retreat, we found this cottage last year and honeymooned in it, the island is only 2 miles across, and has no roads, tv or telephone...the cottage itself sits in the woods like a fairytale cottage and is soooo cosy and romantic.

The island can only be accessed by boat, and a man comes to take you across and return, but you need to take everyone with you.

Its one of the best places for wildlife we've been in Scotland, last time we had pine martins, red squirrels, sea eagles, seals, otters, stags/deer and even a whopping basking shark to watch!

The one thing it doesnt have is humans!!! only saw the boatman the entire week!

Best thing is we're back there again a week tomorrow! 2nd HM!

Aww sounds lovely.... is it one of the outer Hebrides? I must admit I am proud of being Scottish and love all the greenry... I just hate the cold! :lol:

Hard to choose. I had a fab time in January in Dubai and 4 years ago we went to Bangkok for my brothers wedding, so there were loads of us out there, that was good. Also our honeymoon to the Maldives was great but I love America & won't ever get bored of going there :D

http://www.eileanshona.com/

Thats the site for the 'big' house on the island, they also rent out smaller cottages!

JM Barrie wrote a lot of Peter Pan on the island, its rumoured that the island was the inspiration for nver land! - which i can quite believe

I've only been living up here for 4 years, DH is scottish and sooooo proud! Must admit almost ALL off our holidays and time off is spent in the highlands...most beautiful place on earth IMHO!

My favourite holiday was our honeymoon, we went to Phuket in Thailand and it was just amazing. We went snorkelling, aqua gliding, elephant riding, sailing, a trip to James Bond island, swimming, and the food was delicious. I would really love to go back there someday :D

Urchin said:
I lived on Koh Tao in Thailand for 6 months working as a scuba instructor. It's just a totally different way of life over there. I'll take the kids there one day and show Mason where he was made :lol:

completely agree. When I went travelling for a year, ended up staying 4 weeks on Koh pang yan (before the days of the beach) it was so beautiful and so different to life in the west. I didn't want to leave.

SarahB said:
My favourite holiday was our honeymoon, we went to Phuket in Thailand and it was just amazing. We went snorkelling, aqua gliding, elephant riding, sailing, a trip to James Bond island, swimming, and the food was delicious. I would really love to go back there someday :D

been there too and did exactly the same things...funnily enough had completely forgotten about james bond island! thanks for reminding me!

sparky said:
SarahB said:

been there too and did exactly the same things...funnily enough had completely forgotten about james bond island! thanks for reminding me!

Here's a pic too :D

Robyn_ said:
Was just wondering what you favourite Holiday was
or like somewhere that you would love to go!

*here comes*
My favourite holiday was like 2 years ago.
i went to New Zealand with my dad and his mate and his family, and i cant explain how much i loved it, it was an amazing expierience it was something i never thought id be able to do.
sitting there watching the sun rise over these mountains. id do ANYTHING to go back there.
i did some really amazing things out there aswell.
i went swiming with dolphins, but unfortunatly couldnt find any and we got the trip for free!
whale watching and saw 3 whales, and normally your lucky if you find 1.
the girls went horse riding on the Horses out of lord of the rings, and one of them was the actual horse orlando bloom had in the films.
went to the glacia place where the orignial foxs glacia idea came from.. oh i did loads of stuff.. ill try find some pictures and show you all =]

im running on so ill stop now.

what about you guys?

mine was camping in wales in 2004. It was my first visit to wales and we camped in a campsite right on the coast line. the beach was 2 mins walk away. The kids loved it. the weather was lovely, we met loads of nice people and Wales was beautiful.
I want to go again this year but the thing that put us off was the drive there. it was vile. Not the length of it or anything. it was just a tedious drive. nothing nice to look at etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back