girl names

lizzie53

Reaction score
i havent had my ultrasound yet (not for another 2 weeks) but i have a strong, strong feeling its a girl. i checked this thing out called the "chinese birthing chart" & tested it on all my family & friends & it was accurate. so when i entered my own information it said i was having a girl too! (if u want to check out the chinese birthing chart for urself, type it in on any search engine and u should come up w/ it. keep in mind tho that u need to calculate ur CHINESE age and the CHINESE lunar month in which u conceived. it will vary from ur regular age & month. if u dont convert it then u may end up w/ the wrong results.)

anyhow, if its a boy we already decided he'll be Joshua Jacob. Joshua after his father (& the most wonderfully supportive boyfriend) and Jacob cuz we like it, hehe. if its a girl, the first name that sounded like "the one" was Anastasia. i'm not 100% on it cuz im afraid of it being mispronounced or having her deal w/ a really long & old-fashioned name. plus, i want her middle name to be Sky (after his auntie Ashley Sky) but it doesnt roll of the tongue well w/ Anastasia. some other names we liked: Nalani Sky, Kara, Amaiah Sky, etc. but none of them really .. ~*sigh*~ .. i dont know.

maybe u guys can help :). i'm looking for a name that:
1. has nickname capabilities
2. goes well with the middle name Sky and
3. is original but not so unusual that it can't be pronounced correctly right away.

if anything comes to mind i'd appreciate it bcuz i'm starting to get a headache searching alphabetically thru books & online! THANKS!

Hi Lizzie, thought I would post a few idea's, Ill introduce myself first, Im 19, not pg or TTC.

Anyway I love the name Sky and actually think it goes well with Anastacia (sp?). Some other girls names that I like are Renee, Resse (my baby cousins name), Makayla, there's more but I forget! I love the boys name you have picked out too! Let us know when you decide, how many weeks are you?

Congratulations and good luck with the pregnancy :)
Laura

how about Alexandra Sky and Alex for short...Ive always liked the name Alexandra or Alexander...Melody or Melonie Sky Mel for short. That is all I have.

thanks for the great suggestions! i really like makayla but it reminds me too much of a girl from when i was young who was brutally kidnapped and murdered from her home which so happens to be my hometown as well. brings too many bad memories which is unfortunate bcuz its such a beautiful name & one we actually considered! it was her kidnapping that made me really afraid as a kid for a while bcuz they never caught him. alexandra is really pretty too .. i'll run that by my boyfriend.

thanks again! =)

ps - oh yeah, almost forgot. i'm 14 weeks i think :p. well, my due date is 7/22/05 so ur guess is as good as mine.

Thats such a shame becuase Makayla is a real cute name! I remembered another name I like, Rylee, not too sure about it with Sky though, what u think, Rylee Sky, not sure if it rolls off the tounge right! well I'll let u know if I come up with anymore ideas.

Laura

What do you think of McKenna? McKenna Sky? I like it and it kink of reminds me of McKayla. Well, its a thought. Gook Luck name hunting :D !

hi im new here but how about 'melody sky' i really like that its a pretty name. Its boys names i struggle with after having a girl who i found quite easy to name we are ttc again and i think i may struggle to find a boys name that i like and hasnt already been pinched by a friend.

ps i also like kayli sky

hi, im having a little girl and calling her Kayla Katrina, i wouldnt mind sharing as i think Kayla Sky is just as lovely. its also Makayla without the Ma. good look with whatever you pick! I bet you have a boy though! P.S (y cant i change font colour or get smilies?) ahhhh!

Hiya

How about Leah Sky.......or Bethany Sky

:shock: ....only a suggestion lol

Tone xxxxx

hiyi i am just new in here i am 18 weeks pregnant i find out what i am having in a 11 days i carnt wait i think its a girl but not a 100% sure if i have a little girl i have always loved the name madision she will get called maddy for short i wanted to call her molly but every one things is an old name what do yous thing?
steph x

Hello

I like Molly, it's not 'old' at all, just go for it, who knows, it might set off a trend and make it 'young' again (even though I really don't think it's old!!) How can people say that with the names Harry, Henry and Emily being so popular, these have been around for centuries!!

Kim x

I have Ellemae, & Alicia Frayer, My little boy is called Fynlee.

My friend had a girl in December and called her Evie Leola, I love that.

its probably to late for this, but i like the name Leanna Sky, and i did that chinese birth chart thing, and if that thing actually wrks, im pissed coz i could have had a boy damit. :( oh well back to names. ok Kaitlyn sky, Madelyn Sky, Makayla Sky, Hayley Sky, Laylani Sky???
i make heaps of names up, but since you want names that can have a nick name, and easy to spell and pronounce, im stuffed :p thats all i got for now.
xoxo

hi im not sure if im having a girl or boy bot i like Chloe, Brooke for a girl and Cain for a boy :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back