My little premmie

Annie050408

Reaction score
Hi there,

Well despite me feeling sure I wouldn't make my due date I honestly never expected to have a premmie baby and hadn't mentally or emotionally prepared for it.

Ella was born at 36+2 but about a week small for gestation and so is in scbu at the moment. I know that it's the best place for her to make sure she is fighting fit when she comes home but I feel sad that I can't take her home yet because other than being early and therefore a little small, there's not actually anything wrong with her so I feel frustrated that she can't come home yet.

Has anyone else had a premmie baby at around this gestation? If so, how long did they have to stay in scbu? I'm hoping that no longer than a couple of weeks in total but nobody here is able to give us an approximate time scale. It's frustrating! :(

Anyway here is my angel gasping in horror at being told she can't come home just yet! x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 31
awwww annie i cant belive your little ella is sooooooooo gorgeous :love: sorry i cant answer your questions tho XXX

i've got no experience on this kinda stuff hun, but she's lovely, congrats :) xxx

Hi hun, congratulations! I had my little boy at exactly 34 weeks - like you it was a total shock as I was ready at all. Ben ended up staying in for 8 days, he was heavily bruised and jaundiced so was under the UV light for a few days. He also was being tube fed but soon started to take his milk from a bottle so he perked up very quickly... He weighed 5lb 13oz when he was born but soon started gaining weight. I hated him being in there even though it was the best place for him, I just felt so lost without him... Hope little Ella is home with you soon. If you need to talk then I'm here if you want me hun xxx

Hi hun. Little Ella looks adorable, hope she can come home with you soon. xxx

Me, Me ,Me :lol:

Firstly your lil lady is gorgeous :love:

Time will not matter, this is what she'll have to be doing:

Taking each feed by boob/bottle
Gaining weight
Maintaining temp
Having no apnea episodes

I'm guessing it'll just be her feeding at this gestation, so once she starts rejecting the tube (which she will :lol: ) and takes all her feeds well. she's not too tired sucking then she'll get home :yay:

My 1st (35+4) was kept in hospital about 9-10 days
My 2nd (35+5) was home within 3 days and so was Katie (35+5)
My daughter who was born at 31+4 was home in 3 weeks :)

Any questions hun, just ask :hugs:

She is just gorgeous, she looks really well too, hope she is home with you very soon :)

she is very lovely hope u can take her home soon xxxx

Thanks ladies- so far it's been 3 days - I'm mentally preparing for 14 days so as not to be disappointed but hopefully it'll be sooner. X

She is absolutely gorgeous, hope she home with you soon :hug:

She is soo lovely Annie, thats the trouble with Scbu, they will not take more than a day at a time, even if you feel all is well, they just don't give dates , plans as they are used to not being able to keep with it I guess and don't want to give parents any expectations, which I know is exactly what you need and want at this point. I had a baby at 38 weeks, with wet lungs and infection , and he was in for 14 days, and I went home without him, which was hard as a first baby. We didn't get to take him home till feeding was established and had stayed in a flat overnight in the scbu.

Yet compared to your tiny Ella, he was a whopping 6 lb 11oz! hang in there, and very soon your'll be enjoying bringing her home. Big Hug X JJ

Last edited:
aw hun she is gorgeous well done, hope she is home soon x

Congratulations hunny, she is gorgeous :love: xxxxxxxxx
Mamafys right, it may just be the feeding aspect thats needed, ive seen a 33/34 weeker who left in a week so anythings possible :)

She is beautiful Annie, I'm sure you are so proud of your little girl x

Shes soo beautiful, i really hope you can take her home soon xx

I was wondering the same about Annie, how are you all getting on?

My little sweetheart came home today after 9 days in scbu- I'm so happy :) :love:

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 15
Yay! Thank goodness she's home!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members