hi

sam96031

Reaction score
hi everybody im back!! wont be on here too often as emma is still in scbu. well as rhian 85 has told you i hadnt had any foetal movement for a day so i went to get it checked they hooked us up to a monitor and emmas heart rate kept dropping so they gave me a scan and saw that the blood flow through the umbilical cord was not sufficiant they then gave us an hour until they did the emergency section, emma was born at 19:02 on monday the 30.10.06 weighing 2lbs 15 and a half! she breathed on her own practically from the start, she had to go anoher hospital due to her needing a TPN drip and our hospital dont do it, but shes back in our hospital now and on 23mls every 2 hours and weighing just over 3lbs 6oz she had her first proper oral feed today. ill try to keep you all updated on everything but as youve guessed i try to spend most my time in scbu with emma but hopefully she will be home soon :pray: :pray: :pray: . thanks for all your comments in the other posts. ill try and do another post later tonight with some pictures.

congrats hun!!
cant wait to see some piccys!!!
glad your ok

sarahxxx

sounds like she is doing great. :hug:

fingers crossed she will be home really soon hun.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sounds like shes doing well hope you get her home soon best of luck and take care hunxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hi :) im glad all is ok if you ever need to chat im here i know how hard it is when there in special care for so long xxxx

So glad to hear Emma is nearer to home and doing so well, what gestation was you?

thanx hev ill bear it in mind as it is really difficult as you well know hope your little one is better. Eveadel sorry to be stupid but whats gestation? :doh:

how far gone was you when you had her thats what it means

oh duh lol! I was 30 weeks+ when she was born so shes a little fighter she is not 33 weeks yet and has already started taking some milk orally from a bottle, then the rest goes down her tube.

thats great!!! madi had a tube to :)

what does emma weigh now ?

madi had to have one this time she went into hopsital to

on monday emma was 3lb 6oz, today she is 3lb 15 oz!!!! :shock: lol

thats fantastic shes improving so quick, what a fantastic weight gain

just an update, emma was weighed on tuesday and she was 3lb 15oz today (saturday) she is 4lb 5oz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer:

:shock: thats fantastic!!!!!!!

she will be the same size as madi soon!!!!

no news yet on that front i think its just a case of her taking more from the bottle when she is feeding then she should be able to come home as her caffiene hopefully will be cut out on monday and she has to be over 4.5 lbs so i think its just the feeding. but xmas is only a month away so i pray she gets feeding and home in time 4 that :pray:. hows madi doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back