Mummies Running Club :D

How i love running in the rain, its just so relaxing...im strange i know ;)

Hows everyones weekend been? X x x

I went out for a couple of miles on Sunday. Going to pick C up from day care on the bike today.

I have entered another race, it's on 28th May around our local lake, it's pretty flat, so think it will be a fast race, so going to get stuck into some training for the next couple of weeks, just to get going again. It's only just short of 6k (think it works out about 3.6 miles) so should be fine :)

Running in the rain is nice! As long as its not totally pouring I enjoy it!

Did 9 miles on Friday and 6 miles on Sunday and today so please with myself. I'm hoping to do a race on Sunday (website is being a pain trying to enter!) It's a 5 mile club race. Should be fun, not a distance I've raced before so interested to see how I'll do :) xxx

Sounds like a lovely race Sassy, good luck :)

I always found 5miles a funny distance, its not quite your speedy 5k but its not quite a steady 10k either, i always pace them wrong!!

Had a lovely evening at club tonight, we seen the ladies reach the 5k mark tonight out of their 12 week block so we have got a celebration night next week and its also a charity night mixed in so im really looking forward to that :) x x x

*knock knock*

Can I come in?

I've been running for a couple of weeks now, have a proper running bug again!

I'm running three times a week, slowly increasing my distances - but ideally would like to be doing 1 x 10k, 1 x 5K and 1 1.5miles (timed) a week.

Hi tweety! Welcome in! I've not been checking in here much lately. Good luck with your goals-If you've got the running bug you'll surely meet them! Make sure you keep us updated.
I went for a 5 mile run this morning. Very much testing the waters now that IM PREGGERS WOO-HOO!!! I went a bit slower that I would normally but I did 5 miles and could probably have managed more. I wanted to air on the side of caution. This is a long awaited and very precious pregnancy. But a happy Mum = a happy baby and running makes me very happy :)
I hope everyone else is well xxxx

Well I did 4 miles tonight - there was a wee bit of walking though :lol:

I did a 10K in May and since then have decided to just get on with it - but I'm really enjoying it - mostly because its free and can be done anytime (that I have a babysitter)

4.3 miles 52 minutes

Not getting any faster but lasting the distance ... Has to count for something

Anyone on runkeeper?

Www.justgiving.com/AaronFarquharson

Text aaro89 and £1, £2, £3, £4, £5 or £10 to 70070

Your clicking up the miles tweety! No I'm not on run keeper. I use the Nike app which I find really good. Really easy to track your progress on that. Keep up the good work! I did 5 miles this morning. My boobies hurt though :-(

Your clicking up the miles tweety! No I'm not on run keeper. I use the Nike app which I find really good. Really easy to track your progress on that. Keep up the good work! I did 5 miles this morning. My boobies hurt though :-(

I have the Nike app too, but find runkeeper better

I like that the wee woman shouts at me every five minutes :lol:

Ohh she shouts at you? I like the sound if that! Yes I know that makes me sound like a saddo! So what way does it work? Can you listen to music while your using it? I might give it a go! I have the Nike sport watch so I could always try using run keeper as well from my phone to have that extra bit of motivation xx

Ohh she shouts at you? I like the sound if that! Yes I know that makes me sound like a saddo! So what way does it work? Can you listen to music while your using it? I might give it a go! I have the Nike sport watch so I could always try using run keeper as well from my phone to have that extra bit of motivation xx

Yeah you can listen to music, you can set your pace etc as well so she will tell you to hurry up and stuff

She shouts out every five mins how far you've run and your time and pace. It has loads on it and you can have friends lol

My MIL uses map my run, nike and run keeper all at the same time :lol:

Oh I'm going to use this for my next run then! Thanks tweety xx

Hello ladies :D
How is everyone?
Welcome to the tread Tweety, you sound like your doing fab :)

Sorry i havent been around much, had loads on and ive been away too.
I treated myself this morning to these beauties, cant wait to take them on a test run.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371396098.970128.jpg x x x

Hello ladies :D
How is everyone?
Welcome to the tread Tweety, you sound like your doing fab :)

Sorry i havent been around much, had loads on and ive been away too.
I treated myself this morning to these beauties, cant wait to take them on a test run.
View attachment 38749 x x x
They are gorgeous! X

Www.justgiving.com/AaronFarquharson

Text aaro89 and £1, £2, £3, £4, £5 or £10 to 70070

Just took them for a test run and they are soooo comfy :) x x x

Oooohhh my word, how did i miss you were pregnant Rednursie, huge huge huge contratulations, im so happy for you :) x x x

So week one of my official marathon training programme is in full swing and im rearing to go, i know ill struggle as ive not got a consistent running base for the last few months but im going to give it a good go and just get on with it!!
Completed run 1 on Monday, yesterday was a rest day (thank god because i was shattered, it was my little mans 5th birthday)
I have another run planned for today, im on a half day at work as im off to see Robbie Williams and Olly Murs tonight so going to squeeze a run in before I go :)
Busy busy busy few weeks ahead too but my main aim is to keep focused, if i can completed every run on my plan by the end of the month, im going to reward myself with some new kit.

Hows everyone else getting on? Anyone got any races coming up? x x x

I went out on Monday night but it was pants, my running partner wasn't feeling it and we ended up walking loads ... So I went out last night on my own.

I ran 5k in 30:59 and managed to not stop for the whole run. Very pleased with that. 3 weeks ago I must have stopped 6 or 7 times on that route!

I'm planning another 10k for October but don't think ill do any longer races than that x

Tapatalking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back